Photo

Coconut Oil question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:15 PM

Coconut oil rocks. I get mine from:

http://www.vitaminli.....20Coconut Oil

#22 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Tracy76567 @ Oct 10 2004, 04:49 PM)
I ordered a sample of this.  eusa_shifty.gif

View Post

I received my samples today. It's sorta coconutty....and sorta oily......a weird combination, no doubt. biggrin.gif

#23 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Tracy76567 @ Oct 16 2004, 05:01 PM)
I received my samples today.  It's sorta coconutty....and sorta oily......a weird combination, no doubt.  biggrin.gif

View Post

LoL! So im guessing your not gonna be addicted to it like me then?

#24 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Lumas @ Oct 16 2004, 04:41 PM)
LoL! So im guessing your not gonna be addicted to it like me then?

View Post

I'm not sure, Lumas!! LOL!! I just ate a whole tablespoon of it....and then went back for more....so maybe so! biggrin.gif

#25 shriek

shriek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

But how come the extra virgin coconut oil sold at GNC is in liquid form?

#26 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(shriek @ Oct 17 2004, 02:55 AM)
But how come the extra virgin coconut oil sold at GNC is in liquid form?

View Post

It melts at around 76 degrees fahrenheit. Im sure the tempature in the store is right around 76-78 degress fahrenheit.

#27 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:13 PM

Hey Lumas....I just ordered a quart sized jar. I think I'm getting addicted after all. I fried some eggs in it yesterday and it was soooo good! eusa_dance.gif

#28 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:33 AM

Lumas; not true. There are liquid coconut oils out there but they are refined and processed; NOT what you want to put into your body. Even my healthfood store has liquid coconut oil.......right next to Garden of Life brand.

#29 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:45 AM

Scorpion Vixen, how is the taste and purity of the Now brand you use? The price is much lower than others I've seen.

#30 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

i've been using it as a moisturizer for the past 3 days and it's been wonderful at preserving the integrity of my skin. there's a "bounce" when i tap my skin now.

#31 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Oct 19 2004, 05:33 AM)
Lumas; not true.  There are liquid coconut oils out there but they are refined and processed; NOT what you want to put into your body.  Even my healthfood store has liquid coconut oil.......right next to Garden of Life brand.

View Post

Oops. Yes, I meant if its Virgin. If its not Extra Virgin and is Refined then yes it will be a liquid.

#32 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Tracy76567 @ Oct 18 2004, 10:13 PM)
Hey Lumas....I just ordered a quart sized jar.  I think I'm getting addicted after all.  I fried some eggs in it yesterday and it was soooo good!  eusa_dance.gif

View Post

Their freeze dried coconut flakes are amazing also. They taste like powdered sugar! If you ever order again, you need to try those,

#33 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Oct 19 2004, 10:45 AM)
Scorpion Vixen, how is the taste and purity of the Now brand you use? The price is much lower than others I've seen.

View Post

Steve...
Yes, it's a good deal which is why I buy it. There are other coconut oils available for that price but they are not virgin. Now, keep in mind that the NOW brand coconut oil I use IS virgin, but not extra virgin. I'm not worried about it though. Coconut oil takes heat well, without "oxidizing" unlike olive oil, which must be cold pressed, extra virgin in order to retain quality.
Some die hard healthly folks on here may think that extra virgin coconut oil is the only way to go... but I love the NOW brand. The taste and quality are good as far as I am concerned.

#34 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Lumas @ Oct 19 2004, 11:36 AM)
Their freeze dried coconut flakes are amazing also.  They taste like powdered sugar!  If you ever order again, you need to try those,

View Post

Ok....I'll order some of those with my next order! eusa_dance.gif

#35 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:40 PM

I just ordered Tropical Traditions....2 gallons for $100.00. Yeah, yeah....I know, I know.....pretty expensive...but considering that ONE 16 oz. jar is 12 bucks at the Vitamin Shoppe, and 16 bucks at the healthfood store, that means that one gallon of coconut oil is almost 100.00. 2 gallons is a great deal and will last me for probably a year at least! eusa_dance.gif But I just got a great new job, so who cares? biggrin.gif eusa_angel.gif

Oh yeah....Tropical Traditions has the best natural deodorant I've ever tried. Many of them leave you funky eek.gif eusa_doh.gif But t.t. deodorant is quite extraordinary....got me some of that, too. biggrin.gif

#36 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Oct 19 2004, 01:40 PM)
  But I just got a great new job, so who cares? biggrin.gif  eusa_angel.gif

View Post

Right on Denise! I want to hear about it... we need to catch up soon... wub.gif

#37 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:20 AM

i found this article a while ago and decided to try it out: http://www.tropicalt...skin_health.htm

it says some people may actually not be suffering from p. acnes irritating the skin but from a fungal overgrowth. if your face doesn't seem to respond to antibiotics then this might be you. believe whatever you want but here are my results so far (nothing astounding but much much better than before i started)>>>

i have used coconut oil from garden of life all over my face for almost two weeks and my face seems drier in the morning than ever before. i dont' moisturize in the mornings, just wash with warm water and a washcloth (night too).

the blackheads on my nose have dried up and can easily be scrubbed/lightly pushed off but it leaves the skin all peely.

redness has diminished a great deal.

skin feels bouncy.

and no huge pimples so far. ::crossing fingers:: just some leftover whitheads that have never gone away no matter what i do.