Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coconut Oil question

37 posts in this topic

After hearing about the benefits of Coconut Oil, I picked some up. The problem is that the oil is not oil at all but a somewhat hard white substance. Is this how it's supposed to be? If so, how do I use it properly to fry things with?

Also, I have a question to anyone who has done some cooking with gluten-free flours. I tried Buckwheat flour but when I tried making a flat wrap(buckwheat Flour + Egg substitute+ Soymilk, mixed and put onto the pan), it didn't really work. The mix was too sticky and burned very easily, it was impossible to flip the wrap as with ordinary flour.

So my question is, what flour would work well for such a thing?

Same with Pierogis, I tried making them with buckwheat but the flour was too loose to hold the innards. So which flour matches up to the quality of white flour when it comes to cooking these two things. There are plenty I haven't tried yet like Millet, Amarath, Rice or Brown Rice Flours.

steve. thats exactly how coconut oil is, atleast mine is that way.. all white an sticky an stuff.. good times

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

If you heat up the hard white stuff then it will become like a liquid, sometimes I look in my tub of coconut oil and its solid other times its like an oil, it varies...

Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:

Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine

Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5

Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM

Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

It liquifies at temps above 76 degrees fahreheit, and solidifies at temps lower than this.

I use it as a body moisturizer, and I actually prefer it solidified. When you touch it, the heat of your hand immediately turns it into oil, as if by magic. wink.gif

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

Ditto to what everyone said; it's supposed to be hard and looks like lard or shortening. That's a sign it's the real, unprocessed coconut oil. Liquified coconut oil is NOT unprocessed, but very refined and not good for you.

Thes best coconut oil ever is from Best Coconut Oil

I use to buy the ones from the store to, but then I read about how great this tasted at curezone.com and raw food forums so i bought some. Its one of the best tasting things ever. I use it every morning mixed with a bunch of things. Very very good.

Its one of the best tasting things ever. I use it every morning mixed with a bunch of things. Very very good.

Started Accutane 9/20/09

Month 1: 40mg Amnesteem

Month 2: 60mg Amnesteem

Month 3: 60mg Claravis

Month 4: 40mg Amnesteem (Not a fan of Claravis)

Cleanser - Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Moisturizer - Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Cream Cetaphil (Eucerin was clogging pores)

Lip Balm - Alba Botanicals, Aquaphor, or Vaseline

(depends on how dry my lips are)

Hmm, I'll check it out although it's a bit pricey. What size do you get and how long does that usually last you?

Hmm, I'll check it out although it's a bit pricey. What size do you get and how long does that usually last you?

Lumas, thanks for the info. I might have to give this a try. Have you found that eating this way has helped your overall health and acne?

Started Accutane 9/20/09

Moisturizer - Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Cream Cetaphil (Eucerin was clogging pores)

Lumas, thanks for the info.  I might have to give this a try. Have you found that eating this way has helped your overall health and acne?

Ok, got it! Thanks

Started Accutane 9/20/09

I received my samples today.  It's sorta coconutty....and sorta oily......a weird combination, no doubt.  biggrin.gif

LoL! So im guessing your not gonna be addicted to it like me then?

But how come the extra virgin coconut oil sold at GNC is in liquid form?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]