Photo

Accutane Time...

accutane adult acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 teresa*

teresa*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Week 13

I haven't updated this log for a while. Can't believe how quickly time has gone by, about half way through the course now. Wow. Well, all in all things are pretty good. On average im getting one spot a week. They don't tend to be as angry as they used to be but still quite pusy. The only thing is the marks that are left, my face is pretty much clear now from active spots, its just all the scars (which are worse while on accutane). Im looking forward to when the course is finished and hopefully the scars will fade quicker. The pores on my nose seem to have become bigger, but I'm not sure why, as all the black heads have gone.

As for side effects, the longer I'm on this drug the more side effects im having. Well its not too bad really, Just now I just can't keep on top of the dry lips, even with my trusted elizabeth arden cream, it isn't quite getting rid of the dryness. It could be worse though. Random patches of dry bumpyness on my arms and back of hands which come and go. My knees feel like the knees of a 80 year old woman. When I stand up from sitting down its such a effort, and to walk down the stairs I can feel discomfort in the knees. Especially at work when I crouch down it just feels so kind of stiff and strange. Can't quite describe it. Anyway, I've started taking Cod Liver Oil capsules daily. Has this worked for anyone else? How long did it take to work? Three weeks before starting accutane I had a fall and bashed my knee, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But the other knee is stiff and stuff also.... But id rather have stiff knees than acne!!!!

I haven't felt any different emotionally since being on accutane. I'm so glad it hasn't effected me in that way. In fact I think I felt more depressed before I started accutane. But now Im on this drug, and seeing the improvements I finally have hope, not just for clear skin, but for improvements in my life due to feeling more confident and not having acne holding me back like it did before :)

#22 teresa*

teresa*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hey Guys!

Well I took my last tablet the other day! So happy and can't believe its over! My skin is amazing, had one spot since February! Accutane has defiantly worked for me. Fingers crossed now I've stopped taking them my skin will remain clear. I will continue to update on how it goes post Accutane.  

Side effects: My skin is really thin, always getting cuts on my hands which I don't realise have happened, and lips are always dry and knee and elbow joints stiff and sore. But honestly those side effects are totally worth it. Spotty skin really held me back and made me feel embarrassed and ashamed, and to not feel like that now, and just have dry lips and the discomfort of sore joints to contend with just don't compare. Its annoying, but doesn't destroy all your confidence.

So anyone who's reading this and thinking of going on acutance, its different for everyone, but personally I'd highly recommend it - its been a God send for me!! Six months of side effects for a lifetime (hopefully) of clear skin is a small price to pay in my opinion.

Two products which helped these past 6 months are:

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream - really helped my lips

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion - never a flake of dry skin whilst using this, forgot to take it on a weekend away few weeks ago so used another moisturiser on my face and my skin was so dry I couldn't believe the difference.

Hope this helps anyone reading this and feel free to ask any questions if you have any...

Teresa :)