blackhead blackheads pimple pimples

4 replies to this topic

#1 nate847

nate847

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have blackheads that form a raised bump but isn't a pimple. How should I treat this?

#2 cocoaandcolorspace

cocoaandcolorspace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have this too. I've tried extraction before, but only made it worse (never doing that again). It's a weird sort of acne to have. My face doesn't look like it has definite acne but if the light hits me sideways, my profile is all bumpy with these little blackhead bumps. But they're not really blackheads, because there's not a black dot to it. It's covered. But there's definitely something in there...when I pinched a bunch of them that dreadful time, there was blackhead-like material that came out.
It's not nearly as bad as having a bunch of whiteheads (been there, done that), but it definitely makes the texture of my skin really uneven. I don't know how to attack these suckers, because exfoliating doesn't do zilch to them. Believe me, I've exfoliated correctly for a very long time, and it works fine for removing flaky skin, but I don't want to scrub hard on these things and risk damaging my skin further. Would a professional facial be able to remove these? They just never really go away. I've had them all over my chin and cheeks for 10+ years (I'm 22, acne started when I was 9), and I've watched certain ones stay on my face for 6 months+. It's weird.

If anyone has had experience with this too and has found a remedy (or at least a way to reduce the number of them), let me know. Again, these things are STUBBORN.

#3 nate847

nate847

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

What u described is exactly what I have and it super annoying, and the sad part is that I don't get alot of whiteheads anymore but I have these things.

#4 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I also get this as my main problem and it's kind of all over my face, some areas worse than others. It can look like I have clear skin is some photos but up close and in the right kind of lighting...gross. It reveals all the little clogs and and tiny scars from picking at these over the years. I can especially see it all when I stretch out the skin in an area.

I've become an expert at extracting them myself without doing too much harm but no matter what I try or do, they don't seem to want to stop forming.

#5 nate847

nate847

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I found this Aztec Clay Mask and it seems to be helping but I've only used it twice so far. I'm using the mask every other day with apple cider vinegar. And you must moisturize after this mask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users