54 replies to this topic

#41 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

@LindaE - The downtime is 48 hrs max, straight after the procedure you'll like a 16 yr old teenager with acne!! As the incisions leave a red dot, so you might have some lumps - almost like mosquito bites. I had 1 really bad spot from the incision and I was worried that it would scar - thankfully that didn't happen. So my advice would be get the treatment on Thursday evening and then take the next day off work to recover, however I was in the office the following morning... I have a busy beard which manages to cover up some the treated area. 

p.s. i sent you a PM with more details.

@4meracneguy That's a personal question..... well I can honestly tell you my scars never ever effected my love life in the past and I'm married to a very beautiful woman

If you don't mind me asking, how has your dating life been been with those somewhat obvious scars?

Edited by mooneboy, 11 March 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#42 BioNeedle

BioNeedle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Any updates?

#43 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

@BioNeedle

Thanks for checking in with me, still happy with the results, I need to reevaluate my options for my next treatment i.e. Deep FX or Enerjet reason been that I I 3 scars which need more rigorous attention and Laser might be the best option OR a combination of both. Regardless of the chosen option, I will need filler applied to my crevasse/scar and to increase the volume loss.... its still a long road to recovery and I'm my own worst critic, so i'll never really recover from this complexity of having acne scars...... 

#44 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

Hi All, 

I just realised that I haven't updated my treatment blog since having Enerjet in March 2014. I've been really busy with life and work so I just couldn't justify taking the time and spending the money on further treatments. I'm starting to really get insecure about the large crevasse scar on my left cheek - for some reason the volume loss on my cheek has really increased and from looking through old photos I've become more gaunt. 

Have a look at my pics below, any advice for my next treatment would be highly appreicated. I think juvederm filler is the only option. 

#45 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yeah dude, I think for volume loss, just skip right to long lasting fillers like Voluma or something like that.  I think it's the surest bet so you can just move on with your life.  I think at this point nothing new has come out or will come out in the near future that will truly be innovative, so just spend the money on stuff that's proven.

#46 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the candid advice, I think you're dead right, I'm getting to the stage that I need to sort it out now rather than pondering...... 

#47 templeofdoom

templeofdoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi,

Is derma-filler not an option for you?

I'm getting the same treatments as you, Enerjet & Infini. And hoping Derma-filler at the end will create a similar look to how the swelling looks a few days after Enejet.

Not sure if it fills out as much as swelling though?

See here - http://www.acne.org/...-temple-demons/

#48 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

HI templeofdoom 

I had the infini treatment and I'm not sure if its aggressive enough to tackle your scars... I've had alot of work done from Fraxel Laser back in 2002 and some Derma Pen in 2009. I kinda didn't make any extra movements until I overheard an array of nasty comments about my scars, which promoted me to try and tackle them.....  I've received a number of treatments by Dr. Tapan Patel starting from Subcisson to TCA and then Infini (which didn't really impress me) I had Deep FX laser in 2013 and had Enerjet in March this year. I think Enerjet is actually every bit as good as Laser, so if I were you I'd get enerjet again or laser. 

For me to really achieve the best results,  I need another Laser on specific scars with a final dose of Enerjet and then FiIller...... but money isn't plentiful at the moment so I need to be sensible.  

Best of luck with your journey its certainly looking good on the improvement front. 

#49 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

Sorry about the nasty comments.   This happens to me too with some regularity.  I was on a trip with family recently, and of course complete strangers made comments thinking I didn't know what they talking about.  It sucks, because even though I've had improvement, to most people the scars are still very apparent.  What is really frustrating is that my family doesn't believe me when I tell them that it happens.    People really can not understand or truly empathize with someone who struggles with acne scarring.  It does get pretty lonely sometimes struggling through treatments when there's no support.  

#50 templeofdoom

templeofdoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

HI templeofdoom 

I had the infini treatment and I'm not sure if its aggressive enough to tackle your scars... I've had alot of work done from Fraxel Laser back in 2002 and some Derma Pen in 2009. I kinda didn't make any extra movements until I overheard an array of nasty comments about my scars, which promoted me to try and tackle them.....  I've received a number of treatments by Dr. Tapan Patel starting from Subcisson to TCA and then Infini (which didn't really impress me) I had Deep FX laser in 2013 and had Enerjet in March this year. I think Enerjet is actually every bit as good as Laser, so if I were you I'd get enerjet again or laser. 

For me to really achieve the best results,  I need another Laser on specific scars with a final dose of Enerjet and then FiIller...... but money isn't plentiful at the moment so I need to be sensible.  

Best of luck with your journey its certainly looking good on the improvement front. 

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm kind of thinking that at the moment to be honest, the Enerjet certainly made a slight difference, however I've not seen much improvement following the Infini treatment. Although it's still a bit scabby at the moment.

I might go with Enerjet again, then fraxel.

Sorry to hear about the bad comments, it happens to us all unfortunately. I agree with the above comment, people do not understand the psychological and social problems having scars puts you through.

#51 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

HI templeofdoom 

I think Infini is more of an anti ageing solution, enerjet is a better option, however we all have different skin types so its impossible to tell if it works or not...... Its a expense of trailing these options which kills me, I have a wife and 2 yr old daughter to provide for which isn't cheap so £500 I need to think wisely about each treatment as £500 (average) a time adds up!! It really annoys me when I don't see results as that's money I can spend on my family.......

Regarding the comments we receive........ I actually never speak about my scars with my wife, I have a real complex about it and this website gives me some solitude to discuss with others who all suffer with the same issues....... 

I'd love to go through a really intense course of 2-3 treatments where I can improve my skin condition however I just can't spend the money all at once and I can't take 2 weeks out of work as I'm self employed. Hopefully some day there will be a treatment which will help us all, however Enerjet, Laser and/or Filler is the best options for now. 

#52 templeofdoom

templeofdoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

I completely understand the issue of cost. £500 is a lot of money for me at the moment too, if there were guaranteed serious improvements it wouldn't be as much of a stress. The changes I've seen so far don't merit the £1000 I've paid if I'm honest.

It's a difficult topic to discuss with people who don't understand, I've recently been talking about it more when I've had a few beers with friends. It's actually quite therapeutic to let it out, most of my mates completely understand.

#53 girlinhiding

girlinhiding

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

Hi guys

I don't know if I am posting this too late as the last post was some time ago but I've recently just been made aware of Enerjet and I am contemplating it.  I've been reading into different scar treatments for YEARS and just as I seem to decide to go with something...my acne flares up :(

My skin has been good recently and I really want to take the plunge.  I am of South Asian origin (Bangladeshi) and I would say my skin tone is medium, I have a combination of ice pick and boxcar scars and from my understanding, I need to find a way to remove the tethering that is holding these scars down and then find a way to build enough collagen to soften them...and then hopefully some sort of surface treatment like a peel or something to get best results.

I originally wanted to do needling and have bought the device from own doc, its called the derminator, however their site does mention that some deep scars may need to be released in some form of subcision for best results. I only found 2 places in London that seem to do subcision treatments (I really expected more for such a simple treatment!!!) and called both of them up.  The second clinic is the Viva clinic and when I inquired about subcision, the receptionist mentioned enerjet.  I've googled it and it does seem to offer some from of subcision effect as the hyaluronic acid seems to lift the tethering from what I can gather from the pictures and also the hyaluronic acid really softens and fills some scars nicely.

Am I wrong?  If this happens and my body's own natural collagen then takes over and keeps the scars elevated then this would be great and after some months I would be happy to start needling to boost the collagen.  My concern is whether this lift will be permanent as it says 'long lasting' but it does not mention it being permanent...so does this mean the scars will become tethered again after a certain period of time? The recommendation is to get at least 3 treatments which are £500 each so I am looking at £1500.

There is also another system I've seen which is Picosure with Focus Lens Array...which seems to be attractive in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a significant downtime as there are with other lasers...but Dr Tapan's clinic doesn't offer this...however I might mention it to him to get his thoughts...I'd be happy to be his guinea pig if he wants to trial it!!  My concern again is that it is so new and I can't seem to find too many reviews or pictures about its effectiveness on actual scars apart from their publicity ones.   It costs around £200 per treatment and from what I've gathered, I will need something between 4-8 to get noticeable effect.  That's between £800-£1600. 

So what should I go with???  Options 2 and 3 are expensive...but if they work it will be worth the price...but do I risk it or are they too good to be true? 

Subcision with needling afterwards

Enerjet

Picosure FLA

Any thoughts, stories and suggestion would be more than welcome.

#54 templeofdoom

templeofdoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

I would definitely recommend ENERJET. My first Enerjet treatment made a real noticeable difference. I think I'm going to get another Enerjet treatment in a few weeks.

It's not painful at all and there is only really a few days downtime. It made my scarring look less angry.

See here - http://www.acne.org/...-temple-demons/

#55 girlinhiding

girlinhiding

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 07:17 AM

Thank you for your suggestion.  I had my appointment with Dr Patel and he recommended Inifini instead.  He said that Enerjet works better on rolling scars than the ones I have (ice pick and box scars).  This Infini procedure is supposed to be like a micro-needling with radio frequency which can boost collagen significantly. He advised me that for maximum effectiveness, I try 3 of these treatment about 4-6 weeks apart and then do 2 sets of CO2 lasers spaced a few months apart.  

I mentioned my concern about laser on ethnic skin but he said he would be able to manage it due to my particular skin tone.  I am inclined to trust him since he is of South Asian origin too- so I assume he knows what he is talking about

Anyway, I have scheduled my first Infini for the end of April where I have some time off, I will keep you updated.  I will try to take some pictures before and after my treatment (hopefully in the same light for consistency) so you all can see the progress...or the lack of :(  

Wish me luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users