42 replies to this topic

#21 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

That's pretty much what Infini is for, it damages the deeper layers of skin to make it repair the area. I think Active FX might actually be a good option too as it removes the outer layer of skin. its very straight forward for you, unlike me and many others who have enough holes to play golf on our faces! 

#22 Honorable

Honorable

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Would love to see the latest pics if there has been any more improvement.

Thanks

#23 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

bump

#24 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of update regarding my acne scar treatment. For the past year I haven't had much time to continue with the journey of improving my scars. My last treat was Total FX with Dr Patel in May 2013 and I'm now scheduled to have another course of treatment next week, which will either be Deep FX on specific scars OR Enerjet, last resort might be Juverderm, My main concern is the downtime, with TOTAL FX you need 3 days to recover and in my line of work I simply can't afford to take that amount of time out.

So I have attached a variation of recent pictures in different shades of light, which give an indication of the shear intense scaring I have from acne. So you guys might be able advise which treatment you personally think I should consider for my next procedure.

See pics below:

Attached Thumbnails

• ASPIC1.jpg
  • ASPIC2.jpg
  • ASPIC5.jpg
  • ASPIC6.jpg
  • ASPIC7.jpg

#25 BioNeedle

BioNeedle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

These are recent pictures? Your skin looks far worse than it did before.

#26 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

Hi Bioneedle, 

These are recent pics, however I took them in really bad light so it can show the true level of treatment required - in a good light they look less obvious see below;

Attached Thumbnails

• ASPIC3.jpg
  • ASPIC4.jpg

Edited by mooneboy, 18 February 2014 - 03:34 AM.

#27 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

How much improvement do you think the Total FX gave you last time?  Would it be worth the cost of going for a second round?  
If i were you i would try Enerjet as people have been reporting pretty good results from it.

#28 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

@Justme - Thanks for getting in contact, I'm very curious to undertake Enerjet treatment (i agree the feedback seems to be very positive) as the downtime is minimal. Over all Total FX certainly has made a difference to 4 prominent scars, however I still have a long road to recovery.  At this stage, I'm pretty much a Guinea Pig for undergoing various Acne Scar treatments, so I might as well add enerjet to the list. If i could have deep FX on specific scars followed by a course of Enerjet, I think that would be suffice for the next few months - no pain = no gain! 

I'll add some pics of my skin before and afterwards. 

Edited by mooneboy, 09 March 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#29 Nikolaos

Nikolaos

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

So I have attached a variation of recent pictures in different shades of light, which give an indication of the shear intense scaring I have from acne. So you guys might be able advise which treatment you personally think I should consider for my next procedure.

You can try derma stamp with long needles (2.5-3mm) along with the use of topical vitamin A (I suggest Tazorac 0.1% gel since it's the strongest retinoid available, stronger than retin-A)

#30 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Three days for healing from Total FX is pretty fast unless you are going to get a light treatment.  

For the left cheek with the deeper indentation / volume loss, subcision and filler may help.  I guess either traditional injections of filler or enerjet would work.  Just judging from pics I've seen of Enerjet, you are going to look pretty beat up and swollen for a few days as well.  

#31 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Just had my Enerjet treatment this evening at Dr Patel's new surgery on Harley Street. Enerjet is certainly far less painful compared to laser treatment. See pictures below which were taken shortly after my treatment:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by mooneboy, 27 February 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#32 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hi all,

So it's 28 hrs since my Enerjet Treatment and there's a still a slight tingle and stinging feeling but it's not that unpleasant. Appearance wise I feel like I'm 18 again with acne!! It's hard to determine the actual outcome at this stage. See pictures below from this morning:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#33 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

Hi all,

So it's 28 hrs since my Enerjet Treatment and there's a still a slight tingle and stinging feeling but it's not that unpleasant. Appearance wise I feel like I'm 18 again with acne!! It's hard to determine the actual outcome at this stage. See pictures below from this morning:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#34 4meracneguy

4meracneguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

I honestly think that you should get liquid silicone injected into that one huge scar (no offense) you have on your left cheek. If done in the right hands, it will make a ton of difference. The volume you have lost in that area will be hard to replace with conventional methods.

Also, you might want to consider shaving because you are hiding perfectly healthy skin underneath that beard. The ratio of good to scarred skin will increase without your beard.

Edited by 4meracneguy, 02 March 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#35 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hi @4meracneguy  thanks for your advice, I agree that I need filler for that one huge scar (no offense taken surprised.gif ) which is already on the cards, however I need to get a final blast of CO2 Laser to remove the pitted scars and smooth my skin before filler is applied. Dr Patel is going to give my cheeks a heavy course of Deep FX, once my skin is healed he will apply JUVÉDERM to the hollow area and to specific scars.

The issue is that I can't have Deep FX treatment after having JUVÉDERM as the heat of the laser will melt the filler.   Re: my beard - I actually let it go a bit wild before having treatment/procedures as it can hide the areas of incision. 

Its now 68hrs since my treatment and I can see a definite difference, however it will take 2-3 weeks before I can determine its full results. 

I honestly think that you should get liquid silicone injected into that one huge scar (no offense) you have on your left cheek. If done in the right hands, it will make a ton of difference. The volume you have lost in that area will be hard to replace with conventional methods.

Also, you might want to consider shaving because you are hiding perfectly healthy skin underneath that beard. The ratio of good to scarred skin will increase without your beard.

Edited by mooneboy, 08 March 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#36 Nikolaos

Nikolaos

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

IMHO you should consider giving up the laser and go for the fillers... Juvederm will be absorbed in about six to ten months. Silicone and fat injections are more permanent.

#37 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

Good thread.

I think fat injections are certainly a good possibility since your scarring is exacerbated by the volume loss.  That's why when we get older, acne scarring looks worse because we lose volume in the cheeks and the support structure of the face.   Supposedly fat transfer also improves the condition of the skin through stem cells in the fat.  It may be a lot of BS marketing though.

Before going for permanent filler, try a longer lasting one like Juvederm Voluma, which supposedly is the longest lasting hyaluronic acid filler available with a duration of 18 months.  If you go the permanent route, definitely go to the best.  Also consider subcision since it looks like it may be tethered.  

Definitely do all the resurfacing stuff before permanent fillers, due exactly to the heat issue.  If you do fat injections, then that's not as much of an issue.  Synthetic permanent fillers are an unknown when it comes to lasers / heat based treatments.

Edited by blahblah82, 03 March 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#38 mooneboy

mooneboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

HI All, 

Its 10 days since my Enerjet Treatment and I had my first shave since today, there is a noticeable difference, however I still another session of either Enerjet or laser (Deep FX) to get a smoother complexion. Final procedure is filler (Juvederm) to increase the volume in my hollow cheeks and fill the deep crevasse scar (see picture 1) 

2enerjet1.jpg

2enerjet2.jpg

2enerjet3.jpg

2enerjet4.jpg

2enerjet5.jpg

2enerjet6.jpg

Edited by mooneboy, 09 March 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#39 4meracneguy

4meracneguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how has your dating life been been with those somewhat obvious scars?

#40 LindaE

LindaE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

GREAT job!!!!

you look really good. I have a question for you - could you have returned to work immediately after? did it just look like an acne flareup? WAs there bruising? I am willing to sacrifice some stares in order to better my scars but taking off work is super hard for me. THANKS 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users