low glycemic

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lilacink

Lilacink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Art, History, Science, Drawing, Playing video games like Zelda <3, reading my Bible.

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hi, so I'm 17-years-old and read the AMAZING reviews on Low glycemic diet.
So, I'm new at this and don't know what I'm doing. Any tips? Thanks.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Start by not drinking any sugar, including juice except perhaps with a meal high in fiber and at to lower the impact.

Limit refined grains, white potatoes and sugar. No cereal, bagels, toast, etc for breakfast, snacks, etc. eat real food.

Remember that Fat and fiber lower the glycemic impact So high gi food or drink should only be eaten in combination with low gi foods and you should only have small amounts.

And to repeat. Eat real food. Vegetables, fish, meat, eggs, fruit, drink teas, water.

Edited by alternativista, 12 November 2012 - 07:44 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 Lilacink

Lilacink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Art, History, Science, Drawing, Playing video games like Zelda <3, reading my Bible.

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

THANKS BUNCHES! *hugs*

#4 cmartinrun

cmartinrun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

The low glycemic diet is the best thing for acne. alternavista is right, instead of cereal every morning try steel cut oats. Not the rolled oats because you really want your body to work for those carbs, but if that's all you have it is better than cereal. Have an apple instead of a banana, apples are really good at balancing out insulin levels. A little trick that works for me is to add something acidic to my food or drink to slow down the gastric emptying. I usually go for lemon juice in my water, I've tried ACV, but that stuff is disgusting and I certainly don't want to lose any more weight. Eat rye or pumpernickel bread instead of whole wheat bread or white bread because from what I read they have a GI in the 40's which is low and that's good. One of the highest GI foods to avoid is white rice and especially jasmine rice. Go for basmati, wild rice, or quinua. Lastly, eat 4-5 small meals at least 2 hours apart instead of 3 big meals this prevents a drastic spike in blood sugar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users