week 3 burning dryness makeup

2 replies to this topic

#1 paulinarae

paulinarae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:Cats, Film, Screenwriting (& other writing as well), Photography, Yoga, Eating Burgers, Consuming Alcohol, Lena Dunham

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi! I'm 22 years old and have been on the regimen with acne.org products for a total of three weeks now. I was slowly increasing the amount of BP on the face (like it says to do) & at week 3 I was doing about one full pump of BP morning & night. My skin by the end of the week is so incredibly dry, not a single spot on my face feels like soft normal skin. Last night I washed my face and started the regimen around 10:30pm then finished applying moisturizer and jojoba oil a little after 11pm. After applying the moisturizer my face burned a little, which has happened pretty much every time I apply it. But by 2am my face was still burning and worse than it was in the beginning! I didn't know what to do & was in so much pain that I washed it off with cold water. The following morning (today) I didn't put BP on, because I was afraid of it burning again.

I know everyone goes through a rough time (to different extents) in the beginning using the regimen. But is this normal? What do you think I should do? I really want my skin to clear up & I know everyone says to be persistent, but this was so painful & honestly my skin hasn't improved at all & I only have moderate acne.

Sometimes I do apply Cetaphil face lotion to help with the dryness, but only when my skin is really dry & I have to go out in public or put makeup on. I feel like the Cetaphil lotion is more moisturizing than The Regimen moisturizer.

I really appreciate anyone who reads this whole thing &/or takes the time to help me out! Thanks so much! Posted Image

Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I was a little confused as to where this post "should" go & am new to this.

Edited by paulinarae, 07 November 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi Paulinarae, if you are up to your third week and applying two pumps of BP a day, you're doing really well. I also experienced what you are currently going through in the first month and a couple of times I had to wash off the BP a few hours after applying (once at 3am in the morning) because it was burning so much. All I did was take a break for one day and then continued as normal and it was fine. It was like me skin needed a chance to catch its breath before continuing on.

My advice to you is to slap on the cetaphil moisturiser for a day that you arent applying the BP so that your skin gets re-hydrated again and then continue with the acne.org products the following day. I completely agree with you that the cetaphil moisturiser is way more hydrating than the acne.org moisturiser, but I found that only the acne.org moisturiser got me completely clear. The cetaphil still caused me to break out.

In a couple of weeks you can startt to use AHA+ and hopefully that will help a lot in rehydrating your skin....it certainly helped me.

Keep going, hang in there, it really does get easier.

Goodluck.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 paulinarae

paulinarae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:Cats, Film, Screenwriting (& other writing as well), Photography, Yoga, Eating Burgers, Consuming Alcohol, Lena Dunham

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Good to hear, thanks for the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users