jasonbrown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hi,

I've been using Retin A for just over 6 months now, basic break down:

0-1 month: really dry, minor breakout
1-3 months: AWESOME SKIN, life is good, smooth face, not a spot in sight :)
3-6 months: Hell. major breakout, literally had maybe four days max without a breakout.

Basically for the last 3 months my skin has been awful, I'm now 6 months in and it's showing no signs of improvement - if anything it's getting worse.

Planning to stop using Retin - can anyone give me an experience that suggests the best is yet to come? Has anyone else had a break out for this long and then it's cleared up...

I'm willing to carry on for another 6 months like this as long as I know there is a smooth light at the end of the acne tunnel!

Thanks,

Jason

#2 -lxl-

-lxl-

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

First of all, I applaud you for sticking out for such long time despite it not working out for you.
I'm at 2 month mark of Retin-A Micro .04% and I am considering getting my dosage bumped up
perhaps you should go back to your doctor and discuss other options, because from what I heard you should be pretty much clear by three months. If not, the treatment is probably not working.

#3 jasonbrown

jasonbrown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hi,
Thanks for your input - that was kind of what I'd read.

Think I'm going to make an appointment with the Doc and see if they think I should stop...

The only thing that makes me want to continue is that it did work for a few weeks at the start.

Thanks,
Jason

#4 JenniferElizabeth

JenniferElizabeth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Do you exfoliate? I've seen a lot of people around the internet saying that retin-a worked for a while and then it stopped and I think it's because maybe people don't exfoliate. Retin-a makes the skin shed a lot faster and I think that if the dead skin isn't removed then it can cause problems because all the dead skin builds up and clogs the pores and at that point the retin-a can't even sink into the skin to do any good. I've been using retin-a for over 4 months now and my skin is doing really well. I exfoliate every morning with exfoliating gloves. Try to use a non-comedogenic cleanser and moisturizer, no soap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users