accutane log severe acne aha alpha hydroxy acid

148 replies to this topic

#141 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi Marie, its been awhile since I posted. I am glad that you are doing so well. Sad to hear that they want you to do a few more months, but they probably want to make sure its totally gone. Do you know what your total amount is. My son is on 40 mg a day and is  4 1/2 months along. Things are finally looking better. It has been two weeks now since things have looked good. I am so happy. Im sure you remember days of me going up and down. He cant wait until hes off the meds also, but I wonder with him being on only 40 mg that he will have to take it much longer than you did. So I guess we will see. Keep posting and keeping us updated of your progress.

#142 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Any updates?

#143 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been working at a summer camp for three months so I haven't been on in a while. I did a total of 7 months, one month at 40 mg daily and six months at 80 mg daily. I am completely back to normal now (it didn't take very long). My lips aren't dry, my skin isn't dry. Every once in a while I will have a slight back ache like when I was on the medicine, but not very often. Even my red marks are fading. :) I do have a bit of indentions on my cheeks, but it's a million times better than my acne. I've had maybe three tiny pimples since stopping Accutane, and I'm not oily at all. I would do it all again in a second. :D

#144 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Writing. Reading. Cooking. Eating. Smiling.

Achievements

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been working at a summer camp for three months so I haven't been on in a while. I did a total of 7 months, one month at 40 mg daily and six months at 80 mg daily. I am completely back to normal now (it didn't take very long). My lips aren't dry, my skin isn't dry. Every once in a while I will have a slight back ache like when I was on the medicine, but not very often. Even my red marks are fading. smile.png I do have a bit of indentions on my cheeks, but it's a million times better than my acne. I've had maybe three tiny pimples since stopping Accutane, and I'm not oily at all. I would do it all again in a second. biggrin.png

Have you been using anything on your skin to prevent the acne from returning? 

My Roaccutane Journey

16th May-27th October 2013

15 Years Old/Female/52kg

Month 1- 20mg

Month 2- 40mg

Month 3- 40mg

Month 4- 50mg

Month 5 and 1/2- 50mg

Also see page 4 on my log for the before and after photos :)

"You can't make a rainbow without a little rain"

#145 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Nope, I haven't even been to my derm since finishing (although I think I was supposed to. Oops). On the little bitty pimples I do get, I'll put some salicylic acid (just the clean and clear brand) on them. I've figured out they're hormonal though, because I mainly get them during that time of the month. :/ other than that, I just wash, moisturize, and sunscreen. :)

#146 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hey y'all! Long time no talk tongue.png Anyways, I thought you might like an update. I haven't been on here in months because my skin looks great! I am so thankful I went on Accutane. As a recap, I was on Accutane 40 mg for one month, and then 80 mg for 6ish months (I didn't really take any of the last month. Oops). That is, if I remember correctly. You can read over my blog if you want to know all the info. I removed a lot of the pictures to save space, so here's a reminder of what it looked like a year ago.  

skin.jpg

And this is now! Only moisturizer on my skin biggrin.png sorry the picture isn't the greatest quality. My webcam isn't very good. Oh well!

picture119.jpg

Edited by BMarieWantsNoAcne, 13 January 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#147 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

wow your results are amazing!! it looks like you dont have any scars which is freaking awesome! so happy for you!! i bet you are so glad you did the accutane. thanks for sharing and good luck to you in everything you do in your life. now you dont have to worry about this acne thing anymore :)

#148 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thanks! :) I do have some indentations on my cheeks, but they aren't that noticeable. I would say I would post a better quality pic so y'all can see, but realistically, it's not going to happen because I'm lazy. haha. But yeah! I don't worry about my skin at all anymore :D 

#149 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

Thanks! smile.png I do have some indentations on my cheeks, but they aren't that noticeable. I would say I would post a better quality pic so y'all can see, but realistically, it's not going to happen because I'm lazy. haha. But yeah! I don't worry about my skin at all anymore biggrin.png

well thats good and yeah i bet in time they will fill in a bit too! so glad to see a success story like this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users