accutane log severe acne aha alpha hydroxy acid

148 replies to this topic

#121 Brarei200

Brarei200

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

I've hit the 100s!! It's day 104. And I just had my first nose bleed. It kinda freaked me out. Lol. Other than that, everything is going great. I had a small cluster of zits on my cheek, but they're healing now. My redness is starting to fade a little too. Pictures soon? I am beginning to think my diet is playing a role in my skin. I've been eating soooo much sugar lately (candy, ice cream, cookie dough, cookies, frappuccinos, etc.). I'm going to cut out sweets for the next three weeks (which is when my senior pictures are), and see if my skin clears up. And for the record, I'm not sure why I thought the foundation I got was the right shade. I've decided I need to exchange it for something about two shades lighter. Haha.

I've gotten so many nose bleeds while on this medicine that I picked up bandaids for my nose that work greeeeeat!!!!!. I would get them in the most awkward places, work, talking to people. One time I getting in my car to go home after work and my nose started to bleed... I had no napkins so I had to walk all the way back in to get tissues. I had blood all over my face and hands from trying to stop it. You can't just tilt your head back because the blood goes in your mouth! 

#122 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Went in for my month 5 checkup. My cholesterol was still high. They want it to be less than 200, but mine was 209. :( because it was barely over I'm just keeping on with 40 mg twice a day. I'm ready to be done with this. My acne is almost entirely gone! I keep getting some zits on my jawline and in/on my ears. Nothing else, but my derm said we might have to do an extra month if it doesn't clear up soon. She originally said 6 months, so that would make it 7. I don't want to do that, especially because I'm going to be working at a summer camp again, so I'll be outside constantly. Hopefully it will all clear up this month!! Other than that, not much to report. My senior pictures went great though. I can't wait to see the pics. :D

Brarei200, that is a bummer! :( other than that, how is it going?

#123 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hi Marie, just stopped by to see how you were doing? sounds like things are going well, except for the cholesterol thing. We are on day 80 or so. Still breaking out and skin looking pretty red. Im trying not to let him lose hope though.  :)

#124 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

BMarie, so happy to hear your progress.  I get those weird pimples behind my ears too and they are annoying as hell!  You should definitely post your senior pics!  Here's to hoping everything evens out this month

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#125 redglim

redglim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:i'm from china

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

gong xi ni :)

#126 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanks everyone! I do have to say my pharmacy switched and gave me Myorisan instead of Amnesteem this month. It's slightly more annoying to open, but other than that I haven't noticed anything different. :) I will post some pics once I get them! It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm so impatient!!

#127 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hi BMARIE..... Please update us.  i hope all is well. I always check your post when I am here to see how you are doing.

#128 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

would love to see some final pics I really admire your strength throughout this journey. I'm 10 days in my treatment and look to people like you for inspiration.

#129 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thank you. :) I will try and post some new pics this weekend :D everything is going well! I had a bit of a breakout when I switched brands for some reason, but it's all gone now. It did leave a few new red spots. My old ones are slowly fading though, which is good. I'm beginning to see I have some scarring when it comes to the texture of my face. I don't really know how you guys classify scarring, but they're minor pits? I don't really know... I'm just anxious to be done with this. I'm almost done with month 5, so hopefully only one more to go! :D

#130 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

i'm clearing well aswell, in my month 5. ican see some smAll pitted scars aswell... sucks

#131 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Here's one of my senior pics. smile.png The one I really wanted to post was too big. bahumbug. Oh well. smile.png I'm really happy with how they turned out :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Bethany Bastop Senior Pictures 33.JPG

Edited by BMarieWantsNoAcne, 23 April 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#132 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Oh, I wanted to post a picture of my skin now as well but don't have my camera. Soon though!

#133 Miss Soloist

Miss Soloist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

You look so pretty BMarie, I'm so happy for you x

How long do you have left on your course?

Finished Roaccutane!

#134 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Love your pics they are absolutely gorgeous. What a pretty girl. I am soooooooo glad things are working for you. My son is 3 months and a few weeks along. Just a tad bit behind you. Thanks for updating us and posting the pics. I love it. :)

#135 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

WOW!! You look awesome! So glad you're kicking acne's ass successfully, keep us updated! :)  

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#136 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Thank you!! I go in next week. I hopefully have one more month, but honestly I would be happy stopping now. And last month my cholesterol was higher than they'd like, so I'm not sure they'll put me on another month (it depends on how high it is this month). I've been on 40 mg for one month, and 80 mg for four months, so I've taken quite a lot. And I've had about 5 zits in the last couple of months, so I'm not too worried. I'm also going to work at a summer camp again, so I'm not very excited about being outside with my increased sun sensitivity.

#137 annetossy

annetossy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Looks awesome Bmarie!! Can't wait to see some more pictures!

Accutane Treatment (Claravis)

Month 1 - 40mg

Month 2 - 60mg

Month 3 - 60mg

Month 4 - 60mg

Month 5 - 60mg

FINISHED cheer.gif

#138 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I took my last pill yesterday morning!! :D I still haven't gone back to the derm yet, I go in two days. However, even if she wants me to do another month (which I really doubt), I don't want to take anymore. So I'm done! What a relief, although I'm nervous my acne will come back. :(

#139 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well, I guess I'm not done yet after all. :( even though my cholesterol was at 231 she wants me to do another month (and possibly two!!). I kind of chickened out while at the doctor and didn't really tell her that I want to finish up. I'm going to work at a summer camp in less than three weeks so I'll be outside constantly. I really don't want to keep track of taking pills twice a day or deal with the sunsensitivity. I should have said something :(

#140 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

You can always call them and let them know your fears, especially about being outside. I saw a girl who got some pretty extreme sun blisters from being on a high dose. You can always lower yourself as well. Maybe just take once a day, they never know otherwise, they just look at your skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users