Accutane-I Believe In You!

accutane log severe acne aha alpha hydroxy acid

148 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Go into ULTA or sephora and they will give you samples of foundations and eye pigments for free. They will apply a small amount of makeup to your face to make sure you are getting a matching color. Also you can get a good quality makeup that won't clog pores or cause breakouts. That is your best bet.

#82 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Day 69! Woohoo! It feels like I've been on this for so much longer than that... I was just doing some reading on fish oil. While it can lower triglycerides, it can raise your bad cholesterol. I think that's what happened with me, so I'm going to take it twice a day instead of three times and see if it helps this month. Now as for side effects from Accutane.... I'm not dry at all when the weather is mild, and when it's cold I'm slightly dry. I have to admit it has me slightly worried. Lol. I just washed my hair two days ago, but I had to wash it again today because of oil (I had been washing it every 4-5 days). Kinda strange... I've had a few mild headaches lately, but nothing to be worried about. My skin is continuing to improve, although I have a few pimples on my jaw right now. Will post new pictures soon. Beautiful disasters, I didn't even think about asking for samples. That would be perfect!

#83 taylaheve

taylaheve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Drawing, Art, Tattoos.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wow i'd just like to say you are one strong girl! 

I really wish you the best for your treatment, and just know that there is always support when you need it :) 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and you're beautiful, don't ever forget it x

#84 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Thank you so much taylaheve :)

#85 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Day 73. Not much change... I did just realize I didn't actually have cystic acne, although that's what I'd been claiming. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be classified. I just know every dumb pimple left a red mark. >:( I have noticed it takes longer for my skin to heal though. A week and a half ago I cut a cut on my finger (very minor, more of a pinch), and the mark is still there. It's almost gone now. Normally it would be gone in about 3 days. Andddddd my hand rash is coming back again. It seems like whenever it gets cold it comes back.

#86 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Day 73. Not much change... I did just realize I didn't actually have cystic acne, although that's what I'd been claiming. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be classified. I just know every dumb pimple left a red mark. >:( I have noticed it takes longer for my skin to heal though. A week and a half ago I cut a cut on my finger (very minor, more of a pinch), and the mark is still there. It's almost gone now. Normally it would be gone in about 3 days. Andddddd my hand rash is coming back again. It seems like whenever it gets cold it comes back.

I get scratches and cuts so easily and they take forever to heal tooo!

#87 Myra88

Myra88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Good Luck! youre very brave for putting up your pictures! Do you have any recent ones? Hope it goes all good!

#88 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have some recent ones, including the rash on my hand. Lol. The only reason I haven't posted them is because I rarely use my computer. Instead I use my kindle fire and I can't take pictures with it. :) but I will soon!!

#89 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Hey bmarie, I am very happy about your treatment and how it is working for you.

P.S., do you happen to have any body acne as well?

Regarding the dry/flaky skin on your cheeks, do you rub it off with anything, or just leave it be?

#90 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Thanks! I do have some bacne and a tiny bit on my chest (as in maybe 3 zits at a time). My chest is clear, but my back isn't yet. And the flakiness, I take a washcloth to it. Most people don't recommend that though. Lol. I would rather not deal with the flakiness which is why I use one. :P

#91 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

B Marie, glad that everything is continuing to improve for you.  Accutane is a tough drug but if you stick with it, good things will result.  Can't wait to see your progress pictures

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#92 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Day 76 :) you guys!! I just realized this thread has had almost 3500 views. Now I feel special :) if I can make a difference to just one of you this will be worth it. :) and as for update pictures, I will post them on Thursday. I promise! My skin hasn't seen too much improvement lately. However, there have been a few times where my red marks look like they're fading, so they look more pink than red. I hope they are! Have a wonderful week everyone!!!

#93 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Can't help admiring your attitude girl! Best of luck and I can't wait to see your progress :)

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#94 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Surprise! Pics today instead of Thursday :) haha. Anyways, here you can see my starting point, my worst point, and where I am today! :D

Collage15142153.jpg

#95 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

BMarieWantsNoAcne i think you are skin is looking great! it just looks like you have a lot of red marks but those will fade in time. i am happy for you because you seem to be progressing so well! how long will you be on it?

#96 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks! I'm supposed to be on it 6 months, but I wonder if they'll shorten it to 5, especially because I'm on a high dose. I was on 40 mg daily for a month, and now 80 for the rest of it.

#97 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Thanks! I'm supposed to be on it 6 months, but I wonder if they'll shorten it to 5, especially because I'm on a high dose. I was on 40 mg daily for a month, and now 80 for the rest of it.

yeah that would be nice to get off the accutane a month early huh? i am suppossed to start it in march but i dont know what dose i will be on. how do they determine the dosing? some of it has to do with weight right?

did accutane make your face more red at all? i have heard it does that to some people.

Edited by tracy521, 05 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#98 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

That would be so nice! A "normal" dose is 1 mg/kg of weight. I'm 63.5 kg though (140 pounds), so my dose is on the high end if that makes sense. I've never heard my derm make a reference to 1mg/kg though, so I'm not sure how she came up with it. And I have noticed my face is red at times. Yesterday I thought I was sunburned, but really it was just the redness. It's not every day though.

#99 MissStarz

MissStarz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Wow girl you have made a lot of progress and my derm said to me when they start you kind of high you get that IB and redness but it def will fade, I'm sure the redness will fade soon. Looks like the IB is done. Yayy! I'm starting my Tane tomorrow just picked up my pack she is starting me low on 10mg. I will make a log. I am the side effects queen so this should be interesting.. LOL

#100 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Thanks!! It really struck me today that I'm almost clear. It's such a relief to be over the painful acne. I would wake up in the morning with fresh blood on my pillow. Not cool! But not anymore. :D definitely take a bunch of pictures to compare!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users