accutane log severe acne aha alpha hydroxy acid

148 replies to this topic

#21 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks :) I called my derm and told her about it, and since I'm going in a week anyways we just decided to wait until then. I did gently scrub it with a washcloth and it looks a lot better now. There's a little bit left and it's kind of tender, but it looks a lot better. I don't really have time to see my derm during finals week anyways. Haha.

#22 Bobby Stephenson

Bobby Stephenson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

That's how my face look on from Day 8 to Day 19. It's the initial breakout so just hang in there!

#23 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm glad it wasn't just me! That makes me feel a lot better. It was really rough but now that I used the washcloth it's smooth and soft. Definitely red but that should fade. :)

#24 Bobby Stephenson

Bobby Stephenson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Haha that's bold don't you worry about scars? I just sit under the shower a lot instead of touching my face. All the scabs fell off eventually.

#25 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Have you seen how bad my face is? If I end up with a pain-free and smooth face I will be happy. And yes, I do worry about scars but at the moment I was more worried about the look of this... :)

#26 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

It almost seems like eczema on top of everything, but obviously it's drying everything out. Use a really god moisturizer, one thats a cream and not a lotion. I got Kiehl's and it is nice and cooling to put on at night. Hope everything turns out better soon!

#27 Hum12

Hum12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi bmarie how is everything coming along we started tane around the same time to! :) it's nice to meet someone else as I just feel so alone in this acne journey I am on 20mg derm wants to double it but I'm hesitant so have agreed to 30 however I have not received my period as of now and I am clockwork regular have you experienced this btw I am not on birth control as I am not sexually active free back would be greatly appreciated

#28 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thanks, Ugh. I'll show it to my derm when I go this week and see what she says. I took a washcloth to it yesterday which really helped, and today it's even smoother. Hopefully it will be gone by then and not come back. :)

I'm thinking my IB might be over. I'm still getting new zits, but no new ones today! All my cysts are healing or gone. Just lots of red marks. I don't know how to tell if they're red marks or scars, but I guess time will tell. I'll post new pictures on day 30.

Hum12, I would give your derm a call and let them know about it and tell them you're worried. I was kind of the opposite. I'm very irregular and hadn't had mine in almost two months, but about three days after I started Accutane my period started. Sorry I'm not more help. :/

#29 Bobby Stephenson

Bobby Stephenson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Haha yeah but that's how my face looked too. I actually had to go outside like that because i ran out of food.

#30 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hey BMarie! Yay! Your IB is going down? That's awesome! :) I can't wait for mine to subside more, but I think I'm a week or two behind you still. Mine seems less angry, but still breaking out and getting some (though a bit smaller) cysts. I'm on day 15 right now. What day are you on? Hope you continue to see progress! Good luck!

#31 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Today is day 24! It's going fast. I'm almost done with my first month already! :) Maybe I should have phrased that differently.... I am probably still experiencing the IB BUT it is improving. I have 3 new whiteheads that are huge close to my nose so they're very noticeable. But all the flaking is gone now, so it looks so much better. Realistically though, I am expecting to get at least one new zit a day for the next three months. If not, I will be pleasantly surprised. :)

#32 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

hunny i feel your pain im female/21 and just started on 20mg daily. i want this nightmare over ;( ANY IMPROVEMENT FOR YOU SO FAR?!!

#33 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

My chin and forehead are definitely smoother! The blackheads are starting to leave my nose too, so definite improvement! My cheeks are just so much more noticeably bad that sometimes I forget to pay attention to the good. Good luck with your treatment! :)

#34 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hey BMarie, not to change the subject, but from your photos from Dec. 11th with the scaly cheek, did you have that before you started the med or develop it during treatment? I have something similar on my right chin, but have had it since the beginning of this bout of severe acne before I ever started taking the accutane.. Just wondering what the derm said and if you've had any more probs with it. Cool that you were able to get some/most of it off of there, right?

Edited by Brownilocks, 14 December 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#35 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

It's all gone as of today! And I had never had anything like that before. Usually my cysts will get a layer of skin that will flake right off when they're starting to heal, but nothing like this...

#36 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

My dad commented that my skin is improving! Yay!! *dances* And he had bad acne as a teenager so he knows what I am going through. :)

Edited by BMarieWantsNoAcne, 15 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#37 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Can you show any photos :)

#38 Brarei200

Brarei200

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Day 20!! Slowly moving along with this...

My skin hasn't been too dry yet, but the weather has been very warm up until today (80s). Today it has been cold and my skin is dry, but I am always dry when it's cold. My lips are fine, but I apply chapstick religiously and always have. I do have a patch on each cheek that is scaly and no matter how much moisturizer I use it won't change. I even tried Aquaphor on it because I use it on my hands when they get really bad, but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

My hair is starting to dry out, which is nice. I was experiencing a really dry, flaky, itchy scalp fr a few days so I decided to invest in coconut oil which supposedly works wonders. I left it in over night and woke up at 5 am scratching. By 5:45 I decided to wash my hair because I was so miserable, went back to sleep, and woke up to a sore scalp. I need to try again because now I have a lot of oil to use up. Anyways, after that I was shedding a lot but I think it was because I used oil, shampooed twice, and conditioned all in one morning.

As for my acne, no improvement yet. I am still getting new zits every day, which seem to pop up in an hour but won't leave. Posted Image

I have had a back ache every day since starting. It's my lower back, and I mainly notice when I first lay down... not fun, but not unbearable either. I also get a mild headache if I don't drink enough water throughout the day.

I had headaches starting on around Day 2 and it lasted until about Day 5.

I just started getting lower back pains when I go to lay down at night. It will only last for a few seconds though. Also, it's fine when I'm up and moving around but if I bend over and get up, I can feel it. It's a 2 when bending over and like a 3 or a 4 when laying down at night.

#39 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Brarei, your back pain sounds exactly like mine. Thankfully my headaches are gone now. I havent had one in about 4 days.Yay! :) today is day 26, and I'm planning on posting pictures on day 30. :)

I also found this article about Salma Hayek and it says she took Accutane. I realize the pictures of her are air brushed, but she is gorgeous.
http://www.luckymag....a-hayek#slide=1

Edited by BMarieWantsNoAcne, 16 December 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#40 Brarei200

Brarei200

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, I hope it blows over soon. The top of my hands are getting dry too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users