Photo
- - - - -

!bacne!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 funkybuddha528

funkybuddha528

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:21 PM

hey everyone. i love that there is a new forum for body acne! well, anyways, i dont know what to do. i have tried everything for my back acne. SA, BP, neosporin... you name it, i've tried it. i need some advice here. nothing seems to be working and i want to be able to go outside with a tank top on and not feel like everyone is staring at me. PLEASE. anyone? thanks

#2 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:13 AM

I have the back acne too.My back breakouts are primarily lots of whiteheads and the occasional pimple thrown in for good measure.I started on The Nucelle mandelic acid products mostly for the stubborn cysts I get on my face, but I gave it a shot on my chest and back.EUREKA, finally something that I can use on the body acne that does not overdry or make me itch.My face is very oily, the back not so much and my chest isn't at all.I use the Nucelle wash, toner, 10% serum, and their papaya scrub as needed. My massage therapist noticed the difference and gave my skin kudos for being so soft. I don't normally get positive remarks on my skin.You can order from Skincarerx.com or Nucelle.com.I started with the travel sizes to find out what I liked. If you call Nucelle directly, they will sell you bigger size bottles at a better price, than either site offers on the web.Charlene Poitras @ Nucelle (800)877-3131.They are in Vancouver, BC. and someone is in the office after 9:30am pacific time.

#3 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:18 AM

http://www.acne.org/backacne.html

#4 hauntedmoon

hauntedmoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

http://www.acne.org/...ndpost&p=347720

Hope that helps. :-)

#5 EricX

EricX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:07 PM

500mg tetracycline 2times a day for 3 months + skinoren(azelaic acid) cleared my back....

#6 Night

Night

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(funkybuddha528 @ Oct 4 2004, 09:21 PM)
i need some advice here. 

Er, um, Accutane!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREAD CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 VANESSAROSE

VANESSAROSE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:34 AM

get a facial.....on your back. I am not kidding. they will do it, and charge you the same amount.

#8 coolchicka07

coolchicka07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:34 PM

really?!?!?! wow thats good.. thanks for telling me!

#9 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:03 AM

I read this technique in AcneRx by Dr. James Fulton for stubborn back acne that isn't responding to the most aggressive topicals.He suggests to apply a generous layer of BP to the back and/or chest in the early evening. Let it dry.Then, apply a layer of plastic wrap taping the wrap in place at the shoulders.Next, put on a tight t-shirt or ace bandage to hold the wrap in place.This technique is supposed to increase the effectiveness of topicals by up to 10x.I have not tried this myself, but I figured I would pass the tip on.I did try Fulton's icing technique and the ice helps. He also gives the caveats to not do this on the face or near the arm pits because that skin is more sensitive.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(funkybuddha528 @ Oct 5 2004, 05:21 AM)
hey everyone.  i love that there is a new forum for body acne!  well, anyways, i dont know what to do.  i have tried everything for my back acne.  SA, BP, neosporin...  you name it, i've tried it.  i need some advice here.  nothing seems to be working and i want to be able to go outside with a tank top on and not feel like everyone is staring at me.  PLEASE.  anyone?  thanks

View Post

Along with all these ideas try using Dawn Dish soap in the shower with a scrubber. This worked for my son. What cleared my back acne was Face Doctor Soap.(Sea Buckthorn oil). But then I had the demodex mite.

#11 Guest_Backne Dude_*

Guest_Backne Dude_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:44 PM

I'm 25 and have had acne on my back since I was 15. I finally found something that works for me.

Being in the military, I happened to discover that when I spent time in the field without access to showers, my backne would improve dramatically. I came to the conclusion that the hot water from showers was drying my skin.

Now when I take showers I use luke-warm water and minimise exposure to my back. Most important of all, after showering I moisturise my back with a hypo-allergenic moisturiser (vaseline intensive care).

In two weeks my back has cleared up dramatically.