Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentuckygal4506

Duac And Moisturizer

4 posts in this topic

So my skin is clearing up, but it is drying me out! I am so flaky. What is the best dry skin moisturizer that will not break me out? I am currently using cetaphil.

I'm using La Roche Posay Effaclar H "designed for oily skin made fragile by over-drying skincare" - sounded like exactly what I wanted and I'd highly recommend. It is non comedogenic and for sensitive skin and is tested on acne prone skin. It feels nice on and absorbs well so although I use it at night you could use it during the day too if you wanted. (I use a moisturiser with spf in the day - same brand.)

Post Roaccutane (finished December 2013) Regimen: MorningSimple Refreshing Facial WashPaula's Choice 2% BHA and 8% AHA Gels

Finacea 15% Azelaic Acid

Medik8 C- tetra

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Eyes with hyaluronic acid

Eucerin UltraSensitive Soothing Care for Normal-Combination Skin

La Roche Posay Dry Touch SPF 50+Nivea Lip Care Sun Protect SPF 30MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW10, No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder - TranslucentEveningSimple Refreshing Facial WashDifferin 0.1% Adapalene La a Roche a Posay Lipikar Baume with Niacinamide <p>Vaseline100% acne free and left only with the faintest few red marks and shallow scarring. Products no longer used for acne prevention/treatment but for anti-ageing and hyper pigmentation (mostly just freckled now rather than post acne!)

I'm in the same boat, about to start using Duac and was wondering about a moisturizer to use with it. In the past I've given up on prescription creams and gels because the dryness and redness are way too much to handle.

Cerave is working well for me. Cetaphil made me break out even more.

Prescription:

Spironolactone 50mg, 2x/day

Doxycycline 100mg, 2xday

Retin-A Micro 0.04% nightly

OTC:

Candex, two pills 2x a day

Vitamin Shoppe Probiotic, two pills 2x/day

Regimen morning & night:

Wash with Nubian African Black Soap

Moisturize with Cerave AM in morning, Cerave cream at night

Apply Bio-Oil to noise/cheeks/chin AM before CeraVe

Apply Retin-A Micro (nightly)