Photo

Here We Go!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi ughhhh , my sons face has broken out worse than yours and he's only 20 days in. However he has severe cystic acne that's inflammatory. He even has them in his head right now. Like you he can't sleep sometimes from his face being so sore. So I know how you feel. Stay positive. You have a lot to be lucky for , having such a smart and beautiful baby. You sound like a great mom and theres nothing wrong with stopping breast feeding to take medicine for yourself. Many moms dont even get to breast feed as far as you did. Good luck with your accutane. I didn't breast feed my son, due to infection right after childbirth but I did my daughter and she's the one with asthma and always sick...lol.

Edited by Mosey mom, 02 February 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#62 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hey Mosey mom - thanks for the support. I do feel guilty sometimes about it, but she is the happiest baby I've ever seen and in great health.

Should be day 91. More like day 87. Haven't broken out in two weeks I'd say, have a few small pimples and three nodules left since before start of treatment. Dr says I look really good.

Had to stop accutane for a few days because I got an incredibly awful stomach flu, and my eczema turned severe after an incredibly stressful week of family illness and needing to travel. The last time I told my derm about it he just said moisturize, which I've been doing. I did some research on it and came to the conclusion that I have pompholyx, or dyshidrotic eczema, not normal accutane eczema. When they actually looked at my hands today, they agreed. Prescribed the most potent steroid creams you can get (yay :( ) and told to stay off accutane until it subsides. I used zinc oxide on it which I think actually helped a lot, so I'm going to continue with that rather than the harsh steroids. Really bad news is that this might be for life. Why did pregnancy give me so many skin issues?!

They refuse to give me cortisone shots. I saw a different derm two weeks ago and he said he'd be giving me regular shots to help with treatment and wanted me to switch over to him, but he's much further away and apparently travels a week out of every month so I will always end up missing pills. My derm keeps claiming that they'll (the shots) cause more acne and won't help at all. Does anyone actually like their dermatologist? I'm so sick of searching for a new one.

My hand hurts and my thumb seems to have a little tremor which I'm just praying is because of stress because it came on at the same time. I fucking hate accutane but so scared to stop.

#63 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well.

Day 120.

My derm told me today that everything on my face (that I was put on accutane for in the first place) is a hypertrophic scar. I have a line inside my skin that I thought was a huge nodule, but no, he said it just turned into a scar before it even surfaced. WTF. WHO'S SKIN DOES THAT. I currently have what looks like a giant cyst permanently on my forehead, and on both sides of my mouth.

First he says I might need to be on the medication for 8 months, now he says accutane has done its job and I should be happy I'm not getting any more major cysts. This was supposed to be a miracle drug. He took any hope I had and just threw it out the window. He said I'm welcome to get a second opinion, I feel like he's trying to get rid of me.

I used to think I was pretty. I don't even know what to think now.

#64 misscha

misscha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

well my skin does that, i didn't even poked, touch or do what ever , suddenly it turns dark..i hate it.

don't lose hope..!

~Journey To Clear Skin~

Month 1 : 20mg

Month 2 : 40mg + Bactrim

Month 3 : 40mg + Bactrim

Month 4 : 40mg 

Month 5: 20mg

month 6: 20mg

cheer.gif 

#65 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Well.

Day 120.

My derm told me today that everything on my face (that I was put on accutane for in the first place) is a hypertrophic scar. I have a line inside my skin that I thought was a huge nodule, but no, he said it just turned into a scar before it even surfaced. WTF. WHO'S SKIN DOES THAT. I currently have what looks like a giant cyst permanently on my forehead, and on both sides of my mouth.

First he says I might need to be on the medication for 8 months, now he says accutane has done its job and I should be happy I'm not getting any more major cysts. This was supposed to be a miracle drug. He took any hope I had and just threw it out the window. He said I'm welcome to get a second opinion, I feel like he's trying to get rid of me.

I used to think I was pretty. I don't even know what to think now.

You need to see another derm. Your only on day 120 and hes already giving up, nevermind the insults. Sorry to say this, because i very rarely say it ...but your derm sounds like an a$$ .  My son has some scarring but his derm said there are treatments for scarring but after he finishes the accutane. So if I was you, I would go get a second opinion. You stay positive, your a wonderful and beautiful woman with a great family. You already have it better than alot of people these days with just those things. So remember that, and theres nothing wrong with wanting more and if that derm cant give it to you tell him to go eat S*%T.   LOL this is probably the only time youll hear me use a bad word here (even my kids looked shocked and laugh when i use a cuss word because they are not used to it) lol but he deserves it..lol.. And everyday when you wake up repeat "Im woman hear me roar!"   , rinse and repeat as needed. And then kick that loser of a derm to the curb.  I hope I dont get a warning for this post ..LOL

Edited by Mosey mom, 13 April 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#66 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thank you so much, I have switched to a new dermatologist but unfortunately I let dr asshole touch my face one more time and look even worse, he injected too much cortisone in my forehead and now there is a giant hole from atrophy, and another area has turned white. I can't catch a break. I plan on getting my forehead scar revised but will have to wait a year. I look terrible but hopefully one day ill move on.

#67 Mosey mom

Mosey mom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Ughhh, just know that even scars from atrophy will get better with time I have seen it myself. So even though it seems really bad right now it will get better. The best news is you have moved on from that derm. Never be afraid to move to another dr if  you are not getting the results you want, after all you are paying him, not the other way around. Talk to the new derm about the issues you had with the last and ask his opinions on repairing the damage. if he cant then find another derm> interview them before changing completely. Move forward and not backward. there is nothing you can do about what has happened but you can do things about the future.