Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ineedclearskinnow24

Green Tea

13 posts in this topic

I just bought a jar of green tea leaves. I was wondering how many cups of green tea per day really makes a difference in acne? Also...caffeine reeeeallly effects me, like one glass of coke and im wired for hours. so is it alright to drink just the green tea for breakfast? thanks!!

hmm, I really don't know but somewhere between 1 - 3 cups a day would probably do it. You can also take green tea capsules if that's a problem. Both of these also have decaffinated versions in case the tea you are using has too much. You can also do a search on this board and you should find a few green tea (drinkers) threads that should help you.

Best of luck wink.gif

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Jade is right I drink between 1-3 cups a day, and it made a difference within a few days...

I wouldn't really worry about the caffiene, theres nowhere near as much caffiene in green tea as there is in coffee..coke im not sure about..

I heard it's between 8-9 cups a day,but other people have had success with 2-3 cups aday.

I myself drink 8-9 cups of the stuff a A DAY!

Life is all about living!

There are no miracle cures, this stuff won`t get rid of my blemishes and stop my spots. Its all in your bloody head mate!

There is no cure for my despair, only intangible remedies..

There are no miracle cures, this stuff won`t get rid of my blemishes and stop my spots. Its all in your bloody head mate!

AHAHAH...yeah all in my head...... smile.gif ok that's your opinion and that's fine smile.gif

When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

I've been drinking green tea for over a year now and I cant honestly say it helps with my acne. Its basically just full of antioxidants which are good for you all round but they arent going to start stopping sebum production, killing acne bacteria or correcting cell differentiation problems(or whatever retinoids do!)

I think the reason green tea helps acne is that, besides being a healthy drink containing antioxidants, it quenches the thirst, fulfilling your need for liquids. So, you don't drink a lot of soda pop, which contains loads of sugar. One 12-ounce can of soda contains sweeteners equivalent to about 10 teaspoons of sugar. You could drink water and get the same benefit, but without the antioxidants.

Definitely. Lots of people also attribute milk to the cause of acne (I don't) and if you aren't drinking coffee or tea then the milk quota has been reduced.

Personally I just like something warm to drink. It doesn't matter if it's warm water, tea, coffee, warm cordial, green tea, whatever. But if there are benefits to be gained or potential problems to be avoided then i'll take the green tea or warm water.