Green Teagreen tea
Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:13 PM
Posted 04 October 2004 - 10:47 PM
Best of luck
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:48 AM
I wouldn't really worry about the caffiene, theres nowhere near as much caffiene in green tea as there is in coffee..coke im not sure about..
Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:19 AM
I myself drink 8-9 cups of the stuff a A DAY!
Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:34 AM
Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:39 PM
Well if that's your attitude don't drink it,green tea has WIPED OUT MY BACNE and improved my acne on my face by 40%
Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:33 PM
Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:01 PM
AHAHAH...yeah all in my head...... ok that's your opinion and that's fine
Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:04 AM
I've been drinking green tea for over a year now and I cant honestly say it helps with my acne. Its basically just full of antioxidants which are good for you all round but they arent going to start stopping sebum production, killing acne bacteria or correcting cell differentiation problems(or whatever retinoids do!)
View my blog here
Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:16 AM
Well my MUCH clearer face say's otherwise...
Say what you like people,it's working for me bigtime!
Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:40 PM
Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:01 PM
Personally I just like something warm to drink. It doesn't matter if it's warm water, tea, coffee, warm cordial, green tea, whatever. But if there are benefits to be gained or potential problems to be avoided then i'll take the green tea or warm water.