Photo

Piercing Aftermath... Is There A Solution For This?

keloid scar scars piercing scars piercing scar piercing surface piercing chest piercing

3 replies to this topic

#1 minnieBlue

minnieBlue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi guys,
I was once a young, rebellious teen who insisted on getting everything pierced. Regrettably, I'm paying a high price for it now that I'm in my mid- twenties. I had a surface piercing on my chest, in- between my breasts.
Initially, I tried the scar sheets, it has help significantly with the coloring, it was reddish, now it's looking like my skin tone but it hasn't improved on the bumpiness of it though.
I have gone to the dermatologist, he says there's nothing he can do, which really broke my heart... I gave up seeing any doctor after that.
Recently though, I've become part of this community and I see that a lot of people are knowledgable in certain topics, I'm interested in reading what you guys can suggest about this issue.
This keloid scar is about 6 years old, maybe 7. It doesn't hurt but it's an eyesore.

THANKS for reading!

-it's shiny because I just put on Kelo- cote scar gel.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-10-24 15.52.23.jpg
  • 2012-10-24 15.52.13.jpg

#2 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

You're going to have to go to someone who specializes in keloids. They'll either cut it out, which will leave a scar but it will be flat or they'll do a few other hints like shots and lasers. Good luck.

#3 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

There are laser treatments for keloids along with steroid injections to make the Keloid less apparent.
If you are prone to Keloid formation, then I suggest you don't get it cut out, there is no guarantee you won't get a worse keloid in its place.

Find a doc who treats with steroid and laser.

#4 minnieBlue

minnieBlue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Thank you both for your suggestions...I'll have to fish out a great doctor who specializes in keloids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users