Photo

25/male First Accutane Course

accutane isotretinoin mild acne male light log adult oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 IronHorse9

IronHorse9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Update: Week 10.....skin is still doing great, I actually woke up today with a small pimple below my mouth, probably the first one I had in weeks, it's pretty small and isn't inflamed or red at all, so I'm sure it'll be gone in a day or so. Other then that, things are good, looking forward to the end.

Cheers

#22 IronHorse9

IronHorse9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Update: Week 11....Skin is starting to break out a little bit. Yesterday I got one on my forehead and today I'm starting to see one on my cheek. Almost into month 3 now and I'm hoping that this is normal to break out at this point. I'm trying not to get frustrated...deep breaths.

I'll check back next week and update progress

#23 IronHorse9

IronHorse9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Update: Week 12....After my mini-breakout my skin has been really great. I'm going back to the derm on Monday (1/21) to follow up and see how much longer realistically we're looking at (either 1 month or 2). I would love to be done next month, but that would probably mean upping the dosage from 60 mg/day to 80 and that might mean more side-effects and maybe some unpleasant zits/cysts. Not sure what I would want more, to be done with this in 4 weeks, suffer a few breakouts, and be able to get drunk on St. Patty's day....or continue with the current dosage for 2 more months and not have to worry about any new side-effects and ease into the end....I'm not an alcoholic by any means, however, I AM a 25-year-old single guy, so not having a lick of alcohol for as long as I have takes a huge toll on my social life and it's starting to get to me a little bit because there's only so many diet coke's and waters you can take at a bar before you don't wanna be around it....Anyways I felt like getting that off my chest, I'll check back next week and update with the decision for the upcoming month(s)

Later.

#24 IronHorse9

IronHorse9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Update: Week 13....Skin has been great, nothing new to report other than the fact that I will be finished mid-March which can't come soon enough. I guess according to the calculations I have another 2 months or so of dosage to put in, which is fine. Just gotta suck it up for 7-8 more weeks. I am extremely happy about my skin as of now and I definitely feel like I've came a long way in a year's time. There's been plenty of nights where I would stay home and make an excuse instead of going out with friends because of some shitty breakout, that to me, felt like the end of civilization. I feel like I'm a lot more confident everyday and my skin is just one less thing I need to worry about in a hectic everyday routine. Even though it's not over yet, I just wanted to share that with all the viewers out there.

Til Next time...

#25 IronHorse9

IronHorse9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Update: Week 18....As you can probably tell, I haven't been updating as much, which is certainly a good thing. My skin hasn't broken out in like 6 or 7 weeks (longest i've ever gone probably since 14 years old). I'm extremely happy with the results. Now that the weather is getting warmer, it feels good to not have to worry about extremely oily skin, sweat and potential breakouts. It's a beautiful thing. I am on my last 3 weeks of this medication and I am very optimistic that this is how my future will be and now I can break out (no pun intended) of my shell and be confident every single day. Even if nobody is reading these posts, I still feel good writing them. 

Take Care...

#26 IronHorse9

IronHorse9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Update: Course Finished. I have finished my Accutane course and my skin is in the best shape its ever been. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who not only suffers from severe acne, but also persistent mild/moderate acne as well. My skin was always extremely oily, but that's all changed now. I'm looking forward to finally indulging in more than a few beers in a couple weeks...I definitely earned it.

Thanks to all of you who showed your support and I wish all of you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Best,

Iron Horse

#27 Helton

Helton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Congrats on finishing your course, IronHorse!

Can you share with us what dosage you were on different months? :)

Helton's Accutane Log:

http://www.acne.org/...og-58ft-140lbs/

: )

#28 gingerbaby

gingerbaby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Congratulations on finishing! I would just like to say that I'm really glad you kept up with this log because it really helped me. I just took my first dose this morning and am nervous about the outcome because I too have mild but persistent acne and very oily skin. I'm so glad to hear that you had positive results and am excited for mine! Thank you and congrats again! cheer.gif