I am 35 and still could not find a gentle non-comodegenic oil-free cleanser that is suitable for my bugger skin, which seems to be a combination skin with very oily scalp, forehead and nose and the rest seems to get drier. Also, I think my skin is sensitive.
I am looking for something that does not have any of the offending (pore-clogging or irritating) ingredients listed on some websites. My mission has been going on for so many years and failed thus far. I wasted so much money over the years buying cleansers/soaps and then ended up stacking them in my cupboard!
Things I bought in the past include:
- Purpose Gentle face wash – Con: Has SLS and fragrance.
- Purpose and Basis gentle cleansing soap bars: I like the feeling but they are too drying and broke me out.
- Cetaphil gentle cleanser: contains SLS.
- Spectro Jel.
- Garnier exfoliating face wash: found to be two harsh.
- Oxy & Clearasil face washes: broke me out.
- Simple face wash (meant for sensitive skin): contains Sodium Chloride.
So any recommendations please? As I said I am looking for a gentle cleanser with none of the offending ingredients that I can use without worrying that it might be contributing to the problem.
I do have a few blemishes and small frequent spots mainly on my forehead but not in great numbers.
Preferably something that I can use once or maximum twice a day without drying my skin so that I do not have to use a moisturizer.
Thanks for any help.
Edited by eg6947, 24 October 2012 - 07:04 AM.