Photo
- - - - -

Do I Have Pityrosporum Folliculitis Or Kerotosis Pilaris?

help!!

2 replies to this topic

#1 zzxc3212

zzxc3212

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

ok i have had this "Only" on my upper arms and lower back shoulders area for 10 Years!! it cannot be acne i read all over but Pityrosporum Folliculitis and kerotosis pilaris seem IDENTIAL.. while Pityrosporum Folliculitis requires Dry skin and kerotosis pilaris requires moistirzed skin i am very confused best way to describe my shoulders area would be Lots of Brown pigmentated spots i have smooth skin no Bumps but the bumps are there its hard to explain i found a picture online on what looks to be very similar

Posted Image

#2 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Hmm, i have something similar, except my acne is bigger and leaves much darker spots

Do the pimples dry up by themselves then heal?

#3 Torquemonster

Torquemonster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Golf
    Guitar Playing
    Walking/Hiking
    Bicycling

Achievements

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

I had a condition that looks similar to the pic. It was finally diagnosed as Grovers disease by my dermatologist via biopsy . The first line of treatment is topical steroid and that cleared it up for me. It is not a bacterial or fungal condition and doesn't clear using typical treatments for acne/folliculitis, although it is often mis-diagnosed as one of those. You might want to check into the Grovers and maybe be assessed for it. Good luck.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users