Back Of Neck Acne

1 reply to this topic

#1 baseballfan162003

baseballfan162003

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm 27 and I'm getting concerned with my hair. Within the last year or so I've gotten a lot of acne in the back of neck, right at the hairline... I don't have acne on the rest of my body... but my hairline around my neck is constantly flaring up.... and the acne goes up the back of my head... all the way to almost the top of the back of my head.

I know this isn't severe by any means... but does anyone know of a good rememdy to fix this... or should I expect the stock answer of "go see a dermotologist"?

Sorry for the terrible photos... but it's all I could do with a camera phone and a mirror. Also note that these photos are a very tame photo of the acne and it's usually very dark red and enflamed... I promise I'm not just posting to gloat about how little acne I have. Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Area.jpg
  • back of neck.jpg

Edited by baseballfan162003, 22 October 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#2 boba

boba

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

I had this problem for the last year, I tried anti dandruff shampoo, showering twice a day, changing my diet, etc.  and no dice.  Everything I read said the problem could be fungal, bacterial or other so I decided to just try a shampoo that was both antibacterial and antifungal, within a week they spots and lumps on my head cleared up - I'm well pleased and it turned out to be pretty cheap too (£8.20 for a very concentrated bottle), it's available from Amazon in the UK: 

http://amzn.to/12UP0Ck (£8.20 for 150ml)

http://amzn.to/12UNMXG (£20.15 for 500ml)
I'd recommend trying the smaller bottle first to see if it works

I tried to find it on the Amazon in the states but it doesn't seem to be for sale, I even tried to find a substitute based on the active ingredients but no luck so I suspect they aren't allow in the U.S. or use a different name.

Good luck and I hope it works for you

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users