Photo

Broccoli Broke Me Out

vitamin vitamins vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Oner

Oner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

cod liver oil makes me break out. peraps we are opposites.

god i hope so

have you tried regular fish oil before?

Edited by Joner, 21 October 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#22 tuffluck

tuffluck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

yes. that makes me break out too. I dont do fish or cod liver oil anymore. only from natural fish when I eat it.

"Death approaches when you close your mind to the endless possibilities of the world"

#23 crashoran

crashoran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I've been eating a huge bowl of broccolli once a day (for muscle growth) for the past few weeks and I've been breaking out like crazy.

#24 Oner

Oner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi, just wanted to update anyone that follows this thread. I can't say for sure it was broccoli that broke me out anymore. The reason is because there are so many dietary factors in acne (PUFA intake, vitamin D, phytoestrogens, goitrogens, fiber, sugar, dairy, gluten, etc) that its hard for me to pinpoint that it was exactly broccoli. I still avoid it. But the reason why I connected it to my breakouts is because soy and flax always broke me out, I know this for a fact, but I could never pinpoint it to the fact that it is GMO, or has high Omega 6 content, or because it has alot of phytoestrogens, or because it is goitrogenic. I wouldn't touch soy or flax with a ten foot pole. The best way to gauge whether you breakout from broccoli would be to eliminate it from your diet without any other changes (i know its hard) and then reintroduce it after about 2 weeks in large amounts and wait. I didn't do this. I realize thats really unscientific to claim that Broccoli Broke Me Out and I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion yet, whether it is good or bad.