Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Percentage Of Acne Sufferers With Chronic Stress?

6 posts in this topic

Well stress is linked to worsening acne as far as I know. I know I tend to break out more if I'm stressed - especially around exam time - but it's hard to say for sure that those breakouts are caused by the stress alone and not a combination of things such as lack of sleep.

So I would say that stress does play a role in acne - I doubt it would be the sole cause of anyone's acne but it might be a contributing factor.

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

What, exactly, is "stress?"

I'll tell you what it is - it's a made up term that has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. Everyone's definition would be different, proving my point.

Foods to avoid: Meat, dairy, fruits, vegetables, grains, fats/sweets....

Crediblity-ending words: "Leaky Gut," "Tea Tree Oil," "toxins," "milk is meant for baby cows," "over-washing causes your skin to produce more oil," "mild soap," "green tea," "jojoba oil," "comedogenic," "veggies," "amazing," "creepy," "yummy," "regime," "stress"

I suffer from chronic stress, unfortunately. Whenever I go on first dates, I break out as well...so definetely think stress is linked to acne. And I've never had a single break in mine xD

Acne ---> bad shake.gif www.myadultacnecure.com/forum <--- Good nod.gif