Photo

Yay 1St Day On Dkr Regimen! To Cure My Cystic Acne !

dkr

141 replies to this topic

#41 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

great post! thanks!

i have cystic hormonal acne on my chin and i think the regimen has been helping!!

#42 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. BOOK NERD. ENJOY MULTITUDES OF SPORTS. OUTSPOKEN, FRIENDLY GIRL.
    I PASSIONATELY DETEST ACNE !!!!!!!!!!!
    BE BLESSED OR DIE TRYING IS MY MANTRA ;D

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

great post! thanks!

i have cystic hormonal acne on my chin and i think the regimen has been helping!!

How long have you been into the regimen now ?
It makes my heart content when others are having wonderful results it gives me more faith in the regimen :D .

#43 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

its been about 6 weeks. its a slightly modified regimen, i use a prescription cream in the morn in place of BP (clindisol) and BP at night

going well though. :)

#44 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. BOOK NERD. ENJOY MULTITUDES OF SPORTS. OUTSPOKEN, FRIENDLY GIRL.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

its been about 6 weeks. its a slightly modified regimen, i use a prescription cream in the morn in place of BP (clindisol) and BP at night

going well though. Posted Image

Well as long as that style is working for you then i dont see a problem ;)
Was your acne severe?
Mine was severe before starting the regimen now i would classify it as moderate :) much better than before .

#45 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

no. it was mild-moderate (chin/jawline) hormonal. persistent and inflamed.

#46 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

i hope things are going well for you goodluck!

#47 betterness24

betterness24

Rejuvenator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends, Guitar, Tennis, Painting, Weight-Lifting, Video-Games, Computer Tech, Android, Becoming Better... (work in progress)

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

surprisingly, I'm seeing great results with the regimen (day 4 modified version). I'm only applying the BP at night before bed- and in the day only small spot treatments of bp. So even though my skin is flaking like a blizzard I'm gona stick with. Like I said somewhere before- I'll take flakes any day over acne.

At this moment- I don't have a single active pimple. I couldn't be happier!

#48 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

no. it was mild-moderate (chin/jawline) hormonal. persistent and inflamed.

Oh lucky i wish mine was mild but soon it will be :)
Have you looked into a healthy lifestyle. Cutting out certain unhealthy foods.

i hope things are going well for you goodluck!

Oh things are going fantastic. Results in less than 3 weeks. Thanks for your wishes . Your a sweetheart ;)

surprisingly, I'm seeing great results with the regimen (day 4 modified version). I'm only applying the BP at night before bed- and in the day only small spot treatments of bp. So even though my skin is flaking like a blizzard I'm gona stick with. Like I said somewhere before- I'll take flakes any day over acne.

At this moment- I don't have a single active pimple. I couldn't be happier!

Wow congrats on zero actives. Mine have decreased as well. I think i started with over 12 actives. Now i have about 6. But they are miniature pimples. Same here i'll take the flakes over acne. Mine have subsided already and im at 1.5 a pump of BP.

DAY 20 :

Almost into week 3 and i couldnt be any happier. Ever since starting the regimen my daily breakouts have decreased. I still wake up to breakouts but they dont compare to the ones i was getting prior to the regimen. They are so tiny that they die out within a day. My only concern are the red marks and the scars. Momentarily i have 1 tiny pimple on my R/T cheek and on my L/T i have approx. 5 actives. two of them being cyst and the rest small pimples. The clogged pores on my chin seem to be diminishing. YAY :D
I am smiling with joy as i am typing this post because for a long time i havent been able to cleanse my face and feel a less bumpy road on my face. My face seems to be getting smooth, it is still dry but its getting their. Patience is virtue i know that but i have no patience. haha well i will pray that i see nothing but clear skies from now on and to anyone that is on a regimen as well. No one deserves this burden, however, even with a face full of acne i still try my best to shine through. Dans regimen has helped boost my esteem by hmmm i'll say 60% . Anyways be blessed or die trying.

#49 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

yep, i eat very well. low dairy, low sugar, tons of veg, take probiotics & saw palmetto. almost no alcohol or caffeine. no gluten or wheat at all.

#50 Johnny199r

Johnny199r

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I've been on the regimen for 10 days. It certainly helps, but it's far from perfect. I still get the odd massive pimple whiich is embarassing. Also, the reigmen itself is frustrating (especially certain times like vacation, or spending the night at my girlfriends, or having the BP ruin a shirt when it gets on the collar)

I haven't found it to be as good as many people here make it out to be. It helps, no doubt. However for me, it hasn't been a miracle worker.

#51 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

yep, i eat very well. low dairy, low sugar, tons of veg, take probiotics & saw palmetto. almost no alcohol or caffeine. no gluten or wheat at all.

Sounds like a great diet, similar to mine al i need to add is Probiotics.
Saw palmetto did nothing for my acne. I was on it for almost 6 months.

I've been on the regimen for 10 days. It certainly helps, but it's far from perfect. I still get the odd massive pimple whiich is embarassing. Also, the reigmen itself is frustrating (especially certain times like vacation, or spending the night at my girlfriends, or having the BP ruin a shirt when it gets on the collar)

I haven't found it to be as good as many people here make it out to be. It helps, no doubt. However for me, it hasn't been a miracle worker.

Well The regimen isnt going to cure you from acne, there is no cure for acne. It is just a 3 step that helps manage an lessen your breakouts. Ive only been n it 3 weeks as of today and i still breakout almost everyday. Its not a cure and it is not a miracle but it sure has kept my acne under control.
Stick to it and you will be shock at the results. Im planning to stick by it for a while :)

DAY 21:

Hooray ! today marks 3 weeks into the regimen. Side effects are almost gone it has gotten more tolerable :) .
I woke up to a cyst on my Right temple. How lame and last night i was moisturizing and that cyst i had on my cheekbone on my left side had been there for 2 weeks. It was so annoying that i decided to extract it . Yup ! It bled so much i held a cotton ball, i know big mistake but i am praying Posted Image that it doesnt leave a scar. I regretted it the moment after but it had to be done. I applied BP onto it. Now its a scab, so hopefully that suckers falls off by tomorrow.
I have about 8 actives at the moment. I am so ready for my breakouts to stop attacking my face. Argh i hate you acne. I dont understand why they like to colonize my face lol. It is torture walking around with active acne. I would chose red marks over active acne. So i have 1 cyst and a couple of pimples spread out on my chin and cheeks. Well i still have a long way to go and the good thing about this is that the worst has passed hopefully :D
Be blessed people and embrace your beauty ! Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hey AbyBar!! OMG... Your post remind me of my own when I began DKR in January 2012... You're in the beginning stages and there will be times your skin will get worse but keep consistent... Remember to give your skin time to adjust and listen to it as much as you can.. Stick precisely to DKR and you'll have clear, beautiful skin in no time... :) I, like you, had severe cystic/hormonal acne, which fluctuated between mild and painfully severe for almost 20 years... For the first time in my life, I've finally taken control of my skin and my life and wish you the same moving forward... Good luck and if you'd like any advice, feel free to holla... Take care... :)

#53 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hey AbyBar!! OMG... Your post remind me of my own when I began DKR in January 2012... You're in the beginning stages and there will be times your skin will get worse but keep consistent... Remember to give your skin time to adjust and listen to it as much as you can.. Stick precisely to DKR and you'll have clear, beautiful skin in no time... Posted Image I, like you, had severe cystic/hormonal acne, which fluctuated between mild and painfully severe for almost 20 years... For the first time in my life, I've finally taken control of my skin and my life and wish you the same moving forward... Good luck and if you'd like any advice, feel free to holla... Take care... Posted Image

Thank you so much and i am very happy with the results i am getting so far :)
in less than a month i already have a few actives !!!!
I will definitely take your word and stick to it !!!!
I am glad that your absolutely comfortable with your skin now. If you say it helped with yours i am positive that it will help keep mine under control. Thanks again. Hug and kisses ;D

DAY 22:

OK. Finally some healing time after the picking i did last night he-he. Symptoms have subsided finally. Now using 2 full pumps, it no longer stings or itches. Finally those awful symptoms are over. I have approx. like 3 actives hooray and many red marks.
Finally seeing results in less than a month. I have one active cyst on my left temple, it hasnt dried yet. That sucker lol. My skin gets flakey from time to time but its not severe flaking anymore, glad thats over. I can apply make up without looking all cakey but i chose not too until my skin is completely clear.
Stick to the regimen it works it just takes patience. One of the tricks ive learned is to not look into the mirror that often, when i dont look in the mirror i avoid picking and i dont get all depressed. Depression affects my hormones and i get more breakouts when im feeling blue.
Anyways i guess im all done for today. Have a wonderful day people. Embrace your beauty because you are all beautiful in your own way ;D

#54 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

DAY 26:

Once again i haven't been able to log in and type down my progress because of my heavy load of studying. With that said i've also came to the conclusion that i will not type down my progress as often because i dont want to type repetitive passages but feel free to PM and i will gladly respond to them and support any fellow sufferer that is in need of some friendly advice. I am your girl :)
The condition of my skin is now far better then before starting the regimen. The symptoms have finally subsided and my skin has adapted to the 2 full pumps of BP :
As of now i have maybe about 3 tiny pimples one on my r/t cheek near my temple and the other two on my left temple with many blemishes that are slowly fading away and huge pores. Gah, i hate my noticeable pores. Also i'm guilty when it comes to picking. It is a terrible habit that i must break off because picking just makes the condition of my skin worse.I've only been picking at my chin thoughPosted Image . I have small colorless bumps that are annoying as hell. lol. To top it off my diet has not been so healthy these past weeks but i've noticed that i havent broken out severely however that does not mean that i will veer off my strict diet so starting today no more cheap snacks Posted Image .
Overall this journey has been tough and i have a long way but i am willing to push forward and persevere.
Be blessed or die trying Posted Image .

#55 zoomer

zoomer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think I've been on the regimen for about the same time. I think my skin has improved, I feel that the type of acne I get has changed, before I would get pimples that you are able to pop, I barely get those now days, now I mostly get red bumps that never make it to the surface....they just sit there forever and are very annoying. I've been trying to eat healthier and cutting bad habits such as drinking soda and such. Just keeping a good attitude I think is slowly improving !

#56 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think I've been on the regimen for about the same time. I think my skin has improved, I feel that the type of acne I get has changed, before I would get pimples that you are able to pop, I barely get those now days, now I mostly get red bumps that never make it to the surface....they just sit there forever and are very annoying. I've been trying to eat healthier and cutting bad habits such as drinking soda and such. Just keeping a good attitude I think is slowly improving !

Awesome then we must be experiencing about the same symptoms since we are about the same time into the regimen :)
Same here i use to get cysts and now i only get pimples. the regular ones . Its like you said lets keep our hopes high and optimistic level high !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 MONTH:

Hip hip hooray ! One month in and sadly i have broken out. GAHHHHH!! I think my menstrual is a mega contributor to that !!!!
I broke out with one cyst and a couple of regular pimples and i have to admit i have been a little depressed because of the breakouts. My skin is a little dry so i have added 8 drops of jojoba oil @ night but the dryness is still persistent. BOO ! However, this will NOT stop me. I will continue DKR and hopefully anyone reading this log that is on dkr and feels like giving up that you dont give up. It is a tough journey but who said life was easy. Nope sir. It's a battle we must continue. Lets keep trucking !!! LIFE is full of obstacles we just have to push through. Im praying Posted Image that these breakouts heal and fade away soon. Well stay blessed or die trying peeps :)

#57 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hello love! I am happy to see that you have started your own post! I love you! I know that if anyone can do this, it is definitely you my friend. :) I love you lots and lots and lots and lots :P

#58 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hello love! I am happy to see that you have started your own post! I love you! I know that if anyone can do this, it is definitely you my friend. Posted Image I love you lots and lots and lots and lots Posted Image

Deniz i love youuuuuu lots. You are a true inspiration !!!!! ;)

DAY 34:

Alrighty so those miniature breakouts i had last week are almost all gone.
Most of my blemishes are fading away :
Dan's regimen has been a true savior . I am so happy that i have stuck to it regardless of the symptoms. Im currently itchy on my jawline and chin and on my temples. I have about 5 active pimples with one being a cyst. I can't wait to be down to zero actives. Some parts of my face feel uber soft like a baby's bottom :) Im liking.
Be blessed or die trying peeps.

#59 fadedjay

fadedjay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

hey

i followed thereisalwayshope in her early days and she has one of the best attitudes i have come across on the boards.

Looks like you are not far off either :) your attitude and determination is half of the battle won.

i wish you all the best and i like your saying 'be bless or die trying' its pretty darn awesome Posted Image

i'll drop by from time to time to see how things are progressing

#60 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

hey

i followed thereisalwayshope in her early days and she has one of the best attitudes i have come across on the boards.

Looks like you are not far off either Posted Image your attitude and determination is half of the battle won.

i wish you all the best and i like your saying 'be bless or die trying' its pretty darn awesome Posted Image

i'll drop by from time to time to see how things are progressing

lol! Thank you :D She is my best friend so you can see where she gets her attitude from :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users