Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yay 1St Day On Dkr Regimen! To Cure My Cystic Acne !

143 posts in this topic

Day 113

3 freaking pimples and they hurt when I slightly touch them .

I'm so upset . A big thumbs down to this breakout!!!

I adjusted the BP and increased so now my skin is itchy an red :(

Overall not a good day today !!!!

Aby, just got through reading your entire log and i am so incredibly proud of you for holding on. Its really hard going through something and not knowing what the end results will be. In any event, remember that you've made incredible progress.

I am glad that you have made friends with thereisalwayshope as she is one of the sweetest people on here and probably went through something similiar that you have been going through.

Your log gives me hope that when i do decide to try the regimen, i may finally see consistent improvement instead of the constant disappointment that i have gone through since 7/11, when my acne 1st returned and i begun using different treatments. I am currently on accutane for the 3rd time and it is not working for me so i'm like 'why not give the regimen a shot, what do i have to lose'.

As for your cysts, have you tried SPIRO? That seems to work for some people with cystic acne and may be what you need to finally get clear alongside the regimen. Keep updating us.

Rooting for you girl!

1 person likes this

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Aby, just got through reading your entire log and i am so incredibly proud of you for holding on. Its really hard going through something and not knowing what the end results will be. In any event, remember that you've made incredible progress.

I am glad that you have made friends with thereisalwayshope as she is one of the sweetest people on here and probably went through something similiar that you have been going through.

Your log gives me hope that when i do decide to try the regimen, i may finally see consistent improvement instead of the constant disappointment that i have gone through since 7/11, when my acne 1st returned and i begun using different treatments. I am currently on accutane for the 3rd time and it is not working for me so i'm like 'why not give the regimen a shot, what do i have to lose'.

As for your cysts, have you tried SPIRO? That seems to work for some people with cystic acne and may be what you need to finally get clear alongside the regimen. Keep updating us.

Rooting for you girl!

Wow CONGRATS on making it to the 4 month mark! A toast to you indeed! I started in similar situation as you so im really glad to see it worked for you, gives me a ton of hope! hifive.gif Good work!

Wow CONGRATS on making it to the 4 month mark! A toast to you indeed! I started in similar situation as you so im really glad to see it worked for you, gives me a ton of hope! hifive.gif Good work!

Day 127

I still have two pimples on my chin. Two that I severely picked at haha. Every time I popped them they got filled with pus again but this time I know I got all the gunk out . Now the healing process begins . Hoping they scab and peel off soon .

Day 127

I still have two pimples on my chin. Two that I severely picked at haha. Every time I popped them they got filled with pus again but this time I know I got all the gunk out . Now the healing process begins . Hoping they scab and peel off soon .

Day 127

Really impressed with youre results and postive attitude. Keep going you deserve to be clear youre beautiful as you are but I know its how we feel about ourselves that counts:)
1 person likes this

.No worries I just admire people who keep postive after all its not the nicest thing to go through I find it so hard to be postive sometimes so it helps when i here people are doing their best to deal with this. Anyway I have a qoute for you:-

... If you can see yourself as how you wish you looked, then why cant you feel like you would if you actually physical looked that way. If you would be confident, and daring, and charming, then if you can truly see yourself that way those attributes will shine through anyways, because in truth they've always been there just waiting for you to set them free. People see what you show them.

.No worries I just admire people who keep postive after all its not the nicest thing to go through I find it so hard to be postive sometimes so it helps when i here people are doing their best to deal with this. Anyway I have a qoute for you:-

... If you can see yourself as how you wish you looked, then why cant you feel like you would if you actually physical looked that way. If you would be confident, and daring, and charming, then if you can truly see yourself that way those attributes will shine through anyways, because in truth they've always been there just waiting for you to set them free. People see what you show them.

its borrowed from a bloke who i stumbeld upon who used to post on here Rc ranger look him up his blog has my in tears hjow postive he was affter suffering from some terrible acne and how he got clear. His qoutes and postive attitdue was infectious and he got clear. Yeah ive spent so much time lying in my bed not wanting to get up. I used to be such a sociable person and i miss things that we should all have such as a girlfreind to love,freinds to hang out with etc all cos im ashamed of my face. Im trying my best to deal with it physcially but its going take time so I gotto fight mentally too and show my true self all the time. Yeah im always going have some days feeling down but youve got to combat them.

1 person likes this

its borrowed from a bloke who i stumbeld upon who used to post on here Rc ranger look him up his blog has my in tears hjow postive he was affter suffering from some terrible acne and how he got clear. His qoutes and postive attitdue was infectious and he got clear. Yeah ive spent so much time lying in my bed not wanting to get up. I used to be such a sociable person and i miss things that we should all have such as a girlfreind to love,freinds to hang out with etc all cos im ashamed of my face. Im trying my best to deal with it physcially but its going take time so I gotto fight mentally too and show my true self all the time. Yeah im always going have some days feeling down but youve got to combat them.

Hey Abybar! I read through your whole log and as everyone has noted, it's so nice to see how positive you are about everything! I'd get through everyday so much easier if i had a mindset like yours haha :) I've started the regimen a few days ago and hoping i stick to it for as long as you did/for as long as I need to and eventually start seeing results sooner or later! Good luck and keep posting, I'll definitely be reading on :) hope things only get better from now!

Hey Abybar! I read through your whole log and as everyone has noted, it's so nice to see how positive you are about everything! I'd get through everyday so much easier if i had a mindset like yours haha :) I've started the regimen a few days ago and hoping i stick to it for as long as you did/for as long as I need to and eventually start seeing results sooner or later! Good luck and keep posting, I'll definitely be reading on :) hope things only get better from now!

DAY 140

WHAT CAN I SAY ? Well I am almost 5 months in the regimen.

Skin has 1 pimple that I extracted the pus from. Now I have two pimples hearings. So a total of 2 pimples .

Skin is not flaky just red . It's been like this for a couple of days now . Hmm very odd but I'm trying not to focus on that so much.

I have pitted and ice pick scars on both of my cheeks an temples . Hoping that one day in the future I can afford a laser treatment to minimize the appearance of those ugly suckers .

Other than that skin is doing Alright :)

5 MONTHS

WELL, nothin major maybe a small tiny pimples but nothing severe .

I still have many PIH some that we're caused due to my bad habit of OCD. Gah ! I need to stop picking ! It's constantly present in my mind . Picking picking .

Also, I dislike the fact that my peach fuzz is so noticeable .

Gee thanks to my friend who mentioned it to me . He said that when the sun hits my face is noticeable . How shattering !!!!

Anyways, talk to y'all soon . #Be Blessed or Die Trying.

DAY 162

Nothing new to report .

The regimen has really help kept my acne under control .

Thanks for sharing! smile.png I read your entire thread and I am glad you are doing well!

Regimen started 27/03/13

Morning & night routine:
Cetaphil cleanser for oily and acne prone skin
Dans BP
Cetaphil moisturizer and Dans AHA+ mixed

(jojoba oil at night)

Prescriptions;
Doxycycline 50mg/day
Estelle 35ED birth control

Supplements daily:
Womens multivitamin
Zinc 50mg
B-50 complex
Vitamin C 1g
Pantothenic acid 1g

Vitamin D 2500UI

Congrats!! I've been following your progress since month 1, so happy it's all working out for you. What do you use for your scabs? I got a facial 2 days ago and i have no clue what happened but I now have a huge dark red scab on my chin and I have no clue how to heal it quick, since I'm definitely not going to peel it off and leave a scar

Thanks for sharing! smile.png I read your entire thread and I am glad you are doing well!

Glad you're one of the success stories on the boards here... Continue to post so that you inspire others to give the regimen a try... :)

1 person likes this

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120

DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70

Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+

During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides

Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics

Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.

Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

Glad you're one of the success stories on the boards here... Continue to post so that you inspire others to give the regimen a try... :)

1 person likes this

Glad you're one of the success stories on the boards here... Continue to post so that you inspire others to give the regimen a try... smile.png

Thank you Beautiful biggrin.png

It's posts like these that motivate and keep others going smile.png

Hey gorgeous... It's threads like yours that keep us all together as a family... :)

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120

DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70

Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+

During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides

Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics

Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.

Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

AbyBar, how are things going? i recently started The Regimen and i am definitely in the sucky stage. Hope all is well

1 person likes this

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

AbyBar, how are things going? i recently started The Regimen and i am definitely in the sucky stage. Hope all is well :)

New Regimen (Thyme Tincture):

My gallery: http://www.acne.org/...reisalwayshope/ (You will have to click "gallery")

There Is Always Hope