Photo
- - - - -

The Body Regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#21 bookworm<3

bookworm<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:43 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the regimen and I haven't even started it yet (it's in the mail), but I have moderate acne on my back, shoulders and chest that comes and goes randomly. I would like to start the bacne regimen as well, and I don't know about you guys but I can't disslocate my shoulder to reach my back to take care of it and the site says not to use any sponges, but I don't know what else to use. Is there a special sponge or cloth that I could use??

Thanks for the help. smile.gif

#22 kristin389

kristin389

Trying to keep things in perspective...

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

Seriously, it's not that difficult to reach your back. Unless you have unusually short arms, (no offence if you do) all you have to do is use a bathroom mirror and look over your shoulder at your back. Then just reach however you need to. Trust me, I've done it for years now, you don't have to dislocate your shoulder either. Good luck, just give it a try and you'll see.

#23 Maggie555

Maggie555

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

Hi everybody,
I just started on the regimen a couple of days ago (though I used the ProActive lotion on my face, but not the rest of the ProActive stuff, so I guess I was using BP treatment). I have mild acne on my face, and mild to moderate on my back, mostly between the shoulder blades. The back is worrying me more, so I checked out this thread.
I just read up on all this stuff, so I think I may be able to answer a couple of the questions. If I remember correctly, salicylic acid and AHA are related. Both remove dead skin cells that can lead to clogged pores (that's why AHA is also a wrinkle treatment - smooths out your skin), but salicylic acid has smaller particles (molecules, whatever) and penetrates deeper into your skin cells. I've read in quite a few places on the web that salicylic acid is good for treating blackheads because it penetrates deep into the pores and reduces oil production, removes plugs from pores etc. I don't know why Dan recommends the AHA over salicylic acid for the back regimen, though. He does say (somewhere on the web page... maybe FAQ?) that using both AHA/salicylic acid and BP on the face can be too rough for the skin. The skin on the back is tougher.

As for the bleaching: I tried the ProActive lotion on my back for a while and was really pissed when I discovered that a bunch of new clothes got bleached. It took me a while to figure out why. I've decided to try the BP on my back only overnight and to switch to white sheets. Hope it helps, because I'm sick of not being able to wear dresses and tanks without back.

#24 Huskers916

Huskers916

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

Dan i have acne on my arms, should i approach this differently than bacne?

#25 eric2k

eric2k

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:24 AM

Sell bigger bottles of BP for bacne smile.gif PLEASE DAN!?

#26 Maringa

Maringa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Just apply bp and moisturizer in the Regimen's way, than wait at least 30 min to put clothes on.
The key is to only put your clothes on after your back feels completely dry.

First have a try on cheap t shirts to see if they don't bleach. Then you'll be ready to wear your best colored shirts =] I've been rather successful this way in not bleaching my shirts.

#27 juhi

juhi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

the back acne regimen sounds promising...but whats the alternative to BP gel. I am asking 'coz i get a very bad reaction when ever i apply BP...in a couple of hours my face bloats up, gets red....like something bit me.....

i used proactive for 3 months for my face....i no longer have facial acne. I stopped using proactive a couple of months ago...but now its seems that i can no longer use BP.....even on a little spot on my body without my face getting messed up...HELP...any effective alternatives out there to BP?

#28 Guest_Marino_*

Guest_Marino_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(juhi @ Sep 21 2005, 05:43 AM)
the back acne regimen sounds promising...but whats the alternative to BP gel. I am asking 'coz i get a very bad reaction when ever i apply BP...in a couple of hours my face bloats up, gets red....like something bit me.....

i used proactive for 3 months for my face....i no longer have facial acne. I stopped using proactive a couple of months ago...but now its seems that i can no longer use BP.....even on a little spot on my body without my face getting messed up...HELP...any effective alternatives out there to BP?

View Post

Hey,

I'm doing the normal regime on my body now, im about 3 weeks into it and the restuls on my left side of the body are perfect.
though after reading through this, i ordered that 10 percent glycolic acid and this other similar BHA product which you read about here http://www.paulascho...C205&PAGETYPE=S
I should be able to put on the glycolic acid, wait for it to dry then add BP.
the same for the BHA.

If your body dont like BP, then maybe you can use other prodcuts like what im using minus the BP.
since the body can take a beating, you could use strong poducts and do a regime like:

-Wash body with Hibiclens in the morning
-Apply the BHA
-Wash body again with Hibliclens at night
-Apply 10 percent glycolic acid

You'd probably kill an equal amount of bacteria as the BP regime consdiering how strong the products are.
I'd give it a shot

#29 juhi

juhi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Marino @ Sep 22 2005, 04:23 AM) View Post

QUOTE(juhi @ Sep 21 2005, 05:43 AM)

View Post

Hey,

I'm doing the normal regime on my body now, im about 3 weeks into it and the restuls on my left side of the body are perfect.
though after reading through this, i ordered that 10 percent glycolic acid and this other similar BHA product which you read about here http://www.paulascho...C205&PAGETYPE=S
I should be able to put on the glycolic acid, wait for it to dry then add BP.
the same for the BHA.

If your body dont like BP, then maybe you can use other prodcuts like what im using minus the BP.
since the body can take a beating, you could use strong poducts and do a regime like:

-Wash body with Hibiclens in the morning
-Apply the BHA
-Wash body again with Hibliclens at night
-Apply 10 percent glycolic acid

You'd probably kill an equal amount of bacteria as the BP regime consdiering how strong the products are.
I'd give it a shot

thank Marino smile.gif

#30 Guest_Marino_*

Guest_Marino_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

wow, i forgot all about this.

Update: The bacne regime worked, i cant remember if it took 2 or 3 months, but both sides of my upper back, shoulders and chest are clear.
Anyway, im getting bad break outs in the areas of my back which i cant reach, im talking really big cysts and what not.
So far im using a loofah and getting my mum to apply it. Hope it works out.

#31 HeatherB

HeatherB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

OK people I have very bad bacne and it is punctuated by the fact that I am african american and I have a huge problem with scarring because I am a nervouse picker. I know I know I need to control that before anything will get better. But this is the low-down on my back:

Mild to bad.. with tiny white heads to sometimes nodular ones
Bad pigmentation problems. I look like I have freckles on my back which makes me always cover up.

So this is my question:

Does the clear skin regimin work WELL for it, and would anyone recommend after active acne is gone going to get laser treatments for the dark spots.

I use the clear skin regimen for my face and it is working very well... but should I be doing anything else diiferent for my back?

Help

#32 bacne sucks

bacne sucks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:58 AM

I have had bacne on the sides of my back since I went to a massage therapist in January. After that, everything went downhill. I tried clearskin body washes, tea tree oil, witch hazel. Nothing worked! It is soo frustrating especially since summer is just around the corner.

Anyway, I've been doing the regimen for 3 days with no improvement just yet. I am going to be patient with this one. Haven't been using AHA but read today that I should. I'm not sure what it does. Does anyone know?

#33 maggie925

maggie925

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(Peock @ Oct 19 2004, 08:42 PM) View Post

I think the problem with this (otherwise, probably great) regimen for backne is that you HAVE to wear all WHITE. This is quite hard for people who are often wearing sports jerseys, uniforms, etc. etc. The BP I put on my face already slightly fades the collar of non-white shirts I wear and I don't even put it on my neck! It must just "run" a little.

I don't understand how people could wear all white shirts (they would really have to be ALL white) for years. And, if you had to throw another shirt on for some reason it isn't like you can wash away the BP - there will still be some left to bleach out whatever color you are wearing.

This is the only reason I haven't tried this regimen for my bacne. The regimen has worked WONDERS on my face (I am pretty much acne free now) but my back is still TERRIBLE.

So, I was wondering if there is another solution that is as potent and strong as the BP that doesn't bleach clothing. This would be perfect.

Any ideas?

i've never had a problem with bleaching. you just have to wait till your bp completely dries before you put on clothing. 15 min tops will do.

#34 No I'm Amy

No I'm Amy

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:26 PM

Either that or where an undershirt. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

#35 Ness27

Ness27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(twilight @ Nov 5 2004, 02:58 PM) View Post

I might try this method myself just to see if it actually works. I think I'll do it for one week.

You can avoid color fading by wearing white underclothes such as a white t shirt or tank top. white underclothes are pretty standard and widely available.

edited to add: i dont have that much back acne (bacne) but i have tiny pimples that i can treat to see what happens.

Twilight, I would like to know how long did you use that regimen(w/ the baking soda)? Do you have sensitive skin? What type of effect did your skin have?

#36 akc

akc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Would this work if I only have chest acne? I've had a very stubborn chest pimple that is very hard to get rid of. I tried to apply bp lotion, but it just burned my neck.

#37 annoyed_at_acne

annoyed_at_acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:50 AM

I do the Regime for my body acne, and I'm now clear!!!! eusa_dance.gif I normally break out on my chest, entire back, shoulders, and upper arms(seriously like half my body). Also my face and neck but I've already gotten those clear. Anyway, so I definitly didn't have mild acne. However I noticed that the first time I started the Regime, it didn't seem to notice much results, I had too much active acne plus I wasn't moisturizing cause I was paranoid it would make me break out.

This time around, I started off just using a gentle non-creamy body wash(I like Aveeno Unscented and Jason's Aloe), and just Paula's 2% BHA Lotion, this helped clear up some of my acne. After awhile of doing this, I started using Dan's CSR gel too, and putting the BHA ontop of it(yes I know he recommends AHA, but this lotion works much better for my skin, less irritation). Then after a bit when my skin started getting into that irritated/dry/itchy phase of the regime, I stopped using the BHA and started using Cetaphil daily moisturizer. Now I just use that, and my skin is clear!! The reason I first used the BHA is cause in order to initially clear it, I needed more then just bp, but I didn't want to just start using both at once cause I figured that would be too irritating. Plus bp has a tendency to sometimes make red marks where it clears zits, so I wanted my skin to be as clear as possible before using. Anyway, it worked cause now I just have to use the bp and I'm all set smile.gif

I also only do it at night, I tried during the day but it bleached a couple shirts. So I just wear a white tshirt to bed and I'm fine, it's completely sunken in by the next morning so it never stains my clothes for the next day. I would really recommend this regime to anyone wanting to clear their acne! But remember it takes a few months to see results, not like 2 days!!

#38 Frumpy&Bumpy

Frumpy&Bumpy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:05 PM

IF BP is bleaching your shirts and pillowcases and showercurtains and your hair..... what is it doing to your face?

I found that my back and arm acne cleared up great when I stopped using using soap to wash my back (yes you read that right) and used just water only. I also stopped using shampoo with sodium lauryl sulfate in it.

YOU NEED A SLS free shampoo. SLS shampoo will leave a residue on your back, your arms and your buttocks and create acne there.

It's free. Please save your money and give it a try for a few months.

#39 Fluffysheep

Fluffysheep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Frumpy&Bumpy @ Nov 5 2006, 01:05 PM) View Post
IF BP is bleaching your shirts and pillowcases and showercurtains and your hair..... what is it doing to your face?

I found that my back and arm acne cleared up great when I stopped using using soap to wash my back (yes you read that right) and used just water only. I also stopped using shampoo with sodium lauryl sulfate in it.

YOU NEED A SLS free shampoo. SLS shampoo will leave a residue on your back, your arms and your buttocks and create acne there. It's free. Please save your money and give it a try for a few months.

Hmmm...But - SLS is a common ingredient contained in other cleansers for your face, 2 of which are on Dan's list for the regimen: Purpose and Cetaphil.
I've used Purpose face wash for years on my face with great results.
Here are the ingredient listings for Purpose:
IngredientsWater , PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , PEG-150 Distearate , Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate , Fragrance , Quaternium-15 , Tetrasodium EDTA

And the ingredients for Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - found the same thing - SLS is one of the main ingredients. eusa_think.gif
IngredientsWater , Cetyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Stearyl Alcohol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben
Maybe it's something else in the shampoo that is causing the breakout, but it can't be the SLS.

#40 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Fluffysheep @ Jan 19 2007, 02:28 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Frumpy&Bumpy @ Nov 5 2006, 01:05 PM) View Post

YOU NEED A SLS free shampoo. SLS shampoo will leave a residue on your back, your arms and your buttocks and create acne there. It's free. Please save your money and give it a try for a few months.

Hmmm...But - SLS is a common ingredient contained in other cleansers for your face, 2 of which are on Dan's list for the regimen: Purpose and Cetaphil.
I've used Purpose face wash for years on my face with great results.
Here are the ingredient listings for Purpose:
IngredientsWater , PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , PEG-150 Distearate , Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate , Fragrance , Quaternium-15 , Tetrasodium EDTA

And the ingredients for Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - found the same thing - SLS is one of the main ingredients. eusa_think.gif
IngredientsWater , Cetyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Stearyl Alcohol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben
Maybe it's something else in the shampoo that is causing the breakout, but it can't be the SLS.

Some people are really sensitive to SLS, though, and it's not unheard of that have bad reactions to products with it, as it is considered a known skin irritant but commonly used as a surfactant nonetheless. Of course, how much SLS affects you also depends on how much you use, and SLS isn't present in large enough concentrations to be irritating to most people in the recommended cleansers. (Also, in Purpose, it's technically sodium laurETH sulfate, not SLS, and SLES is much less irritating than SLS.) In shampoo, SLS is typically in higher concentrations, so this is a valid concern if you think you are somewhat sensitive to SLS. Interestingly enough SLS is in the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser but not the Normal-to-Oily, which has SLES instead.