Photo

Hi Accutane... Nice To Finally Meet You

roaccutane oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Shannon, i can only recommend that you leave your face alone and go through. I am going through what i believe may be the start of my IB and as much as it sucks, i have to go through it. Your skin is sensitive and any BP products will just make this worse.

Chin Up - we're all in this together

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#22 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Day 15
so after a few days of hating accutane and thinking it was completely pointless as my skin was really bad. my IB has finally gone! i now have one cyst on my chin and a few lumps and bumps that im hoping arent permement, lips are not so much dry but very irritated and feel tight and sore, skin has started to flake around my nose, also had the lovely experience of having to put vasaliene up my nose the other night... felt awful!
i also have been feeling very down the past few weeks but that may be due to personal problems that i have
all in all im hoping this i the kick start to clear skin, also have to have a blood test next week, early as my liver function was a little high and they were concerned hope its back to normal!

#23 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hi I was just reading your post about recommending a product for spot treatments. I used neosporin cream and that really helped things along. I wouldn't do another accutane course without it. I broke out and was still getting acne into my 3rd month. Myself and a group of girls on here all used it. We all loved it. Other times I would spot treat with witch hazel. Im not sure if that helped though. Best of luck to you on your course!

#24 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

so i havent wrote on here for a few months as i felt like i didnt have anything to update, however thinking back i have alot

im now 3 months into my treatment, i still have spots and im still getting spots, on my cheeks where i never got any there before. i have a cyst that has been there about 6 months, its still fighting strong... it has halved in size though.

The derm started me off on 20MG to begin with to, within the 1st few weeks i seen a big difference, when i went back they werent as pleased as they should be so they bumped me up to 30MG... for 4 weeks i was taking them. didnt need a blood test that time as everything was fine last time.

i hadnt noticed any side effects other than dry skin and dry lips also dry hair. (not needing to wash it everyday) that was great compared to my very oily skin and scalp before hand.

i went back about 2 weeks ago. the derm i seen was a lovely lady who asked me to take my makeup off so she could see my skin naturally. to her amazement she commented on how well i do at covering my acne :D she also wasnt as pleased with the progress and bumped me up to 40MG... the highest i can go for my weight as i am quite thin but tall.

she gave me strict instructions that if i felt any different in myself to ring straight away and not to hesitate, this scared me a bit as it would.

since being on 40MG m skin all over my body and face is very red and quite patchy, any recommendations on how to fade this?

Also im a very forgetful person and sometimes forget a day of my pills, being on 40Mg would it be safe to take my normal dose in the morning then another at night time to make up for the missed day?

all in all alot of people i only see once every few weeks have commented on how well my skin is looking and how nice and smooth it is. myself havent noticed much difference but maybe thats because i spend alot of time observing my skin :(

also for a couple of weeks i have been very teary and getting frustrated very easily, im not sure weather its the accutaine thats causing this or something else? mm i may mention it on my next app.

hope you all had a good christmas and new year :)

#25 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi, we started accutane around the same time but at different dosages. I have been on 60mg through my entire course and i a a week or so away from the 3 month/90 day mark. I am also still getting spots so don't stress it. Some people continue to break out even to the final months of their course (even in places that weren't a problem for them before)

You have to try to be consistent with your pills and try to take it around the same time everyday WITH food that has fat in it as it is better absorbed in fat and it makes a difference. I take one pill with breakfast and one with dinner and that helps me remember. Don't double up on doses if you miss one, just continue your regular dosage the next day. Cumalitive dosage is more important that what you take each day.

The patchiness could be dry skin or excema so moisturize moisturize moisturize

The emotions could be linked to accutane so monitor that and let at least one person know that you are on it so they can tell if you are acting different.

Good Luck and keep us posted

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#26 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

so im on my fourth month now, still on 40mg, however my cysts that have been there for a good 6 months havent budged one bit... and still having bad skin days where it looks just as bad as it did before. i am also very scarred what is not helping as my skin looks no different than before i feel but people have commented on how good its looking :( if its now what they want will they extend my course a few more months?

#27 PatrickCampbell

PatrickCampbell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Put some pictures up. And yes they can extend it ive asked my dermatologist to expand my course and she agreed too which was great! So just ask your dermatologist as long as your bloods are good i cant see why not. I live in the UK by the way.

#28 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Put some pictures up. And yes they can extend it ive asked my dermatologist to expand my course and she agreed too which was great! So just ask your dermatologist as long as your bloods are good i cant see why not. I live in the UK by the way.

oo have you finished your course now? :) and i will put some pictures up before and now :) x

#29 PatrickCampbell

PatrickCampbell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Nope i havent finished just yet :) you can check my pictures out if you like of how my face is looking at the minute. Its not the best its just full of red marks. Im on Month 4 :) Nice one id like to see your progress :) x

#30 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

how do i upload photos on here haha? 

#31 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Before Accutane
Before Accutane
Before Accutane

4 months into my course

4 Months into accutane
4 months in
4 months in
4 months in, this picture is the most recent

the last picture is the most recent, lucky i still have the 1st ones as i delete all the ones where my skin looks bad ha!

#32 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

one thing that annoys me so much is when someone is sat there complaining and saying their life is over because they have ONE spot... one... really? try being in our shoes!

#33 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

For the past week I have been very emotional, irritated and angry I have also been aching my knees back etc, not sure if this is due to the tablets or not but I have been really down and distracted not sure what to do really

#34 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

When's your next derm appointment? Make sure you make them aware how you're feeling. If it's not for a while, & can feel it getting worse I would make a GP appointment. (I'm from the UK too :-) )

Ok, that smiley came out wrong, was meant to be a smiley face lol.

#35 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Not for another 4 weeks but this is my 2nd month on 40mg and I've been fine up to now hmm maybe I should phone my derm to see what she thinks? And yay love finding others from the uk :)

#36 Shannon Louise

Shannon Louise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

4 and a half months into my cycle now, however i am quite worried, for the past month ive been feeling very up and down very angry and upset at times and happy at others, to the point where i harmed myself yesterday. as far as i can recall i smashed a cup onto the floor and squeezed the pieces in my hands. i cant remember doing this though. i was told moods like this is quite rare on accutane and that maybe it could be a personal problem, i have an appointment wwith the doctor tomorrow and i am going to mention it to my therapist and my derm on my next appointment. has anyone had any similar experiences? 

#37 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I haven't, but definitely talk to people about it!