Photo
- - - - -

Arm acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:27 AM

I have acne on my arm, and finding it hard to shift.
Any advise would be great.

Thanks,
Tom

I claim the very first post in this new body acne forum. lol biggrin.gif
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 word

word

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:48 AM

I also have acne on my upper left and right arms, what should I do or what should I wash with? I'm thinking a combo of Sa and Bp would help it.

#3 hauntedmoon

hauntedmoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys.

Something you might want to try that I can swear by is using Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash. You may not THINK you have sensitive skin, but I have noticed that the areas of the upper back/shoulders, upper arms, and especially chest are sensitive (more so than say, your stomach skin.)

I always thought the best way to go about getting rid of body acne was to use "antibacterial" soaps like Dial or "acne" products and body washes/scrubs. But OMG that is just so complicated and time consuming. And it didn't even work. I have not found anything to work for me until this. I was just thinking, there has got to be a better/easier way. So I just decided to get this body wash, although it doesn't claim anything about controlling acne, and it actually has 1/4 lotion in it. But I have been using it for several months with great (or should I say outstanding) results. It makes your skin really soft and smooth, not irritated and red. I just use it with a body puff once a day in the shower. Be sure not to scrub very hard though because that will just irritate, inflame, and eventually make the problem worse.

I have been waiting for the body acne message board to get put up so I could post this easy and effective regimen. Hope it helps. :-)

Also, I should say that it gets good reviews for controlling body acne on MakeupAlley.com. (You have to register and log in to view it, but it is worth it because they have tons of reviews for practically every product out there.)

-Rachel

#4 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:28 PM

Salicylic acid products and light scrubs are the general rule for arms. BP can bleach your clothes, so if you go the BP route wear clothes you are not attached to.Arm skin doesn't have as many oil glands so go slowly and conservatively in your treatment, so you don't overdry and inflame the skin.A nylon mitt that you can you use in the shower with a SA wash can work too if you don't like dealing iwth the grit of scrubs.Good luck in the UK. smile.gif

#5 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:29 PM

Hey,
Thanks for all the support and responces.

Hey guys.

Something you might want to try that I can swear by is using Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash. You may not THINK you have sensitive skin, but I have noticed that the areas of the upper back/shoulders, upper arms, and especially chest are sensitive (more so than say, your stomach skin.)

I always thought the best way to go about getting rid of body acne was to use "antibacterial" soaps like Dial or "acne" products and body washes/scrubs. But OMG that is just so complicated and time consuming. And it didn't even work. I have not found anything to work for me until this. I was just thinking, there has got to be a better/easier way. So I just decided to get this body wash, although it doesn't claim anything about controlling acne, and it actually has 1/4 lotion in it. But I have been using it for several months with great (or should I say outstanding) results. It makes your skin really soft and smooth, not irritated and red. I just use it with a body puff once a day in the shower. Be sure not to scrub very hard though because that will just irritate, inflame, and eventually make the problem worse.

I have been waiting for the body acne message board to get put up so I could post this easy and effective regimen. Hope it helps. :-)

Also, I should say that it gets good reviews for controlling body acne on MakeupAlley.com. (You have to register and log in to view it, but it is worth it because they have tons of reviews for practically every product out there.)

-Rachel

Salicylic acid products and light scrubs are the general rule for arms. BP can bleach your clothes, so if you go the BP route wear clothes you are not attached to.Arm skin doesn't have as many oil glands so go slowly and conservatively in your treatment, so you don't overdry and inflame the skin.A nylon mitt that you can you use in the shower with a SA wash can work too if you don't like dealing iwth the grit of scrubs.Good luck in the UK

I will try all of your suggestions and hopefully they shall work eusa_pray.gif.

Thanks,
Tom
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#6 faithinhim

faithinhim

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, I had a bit of acne on my arms. My derm has me use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. I used it on my back and my arms and my acne seems to be clearing up pretty good.

I think the neutrogena oil free acne wash worked well because of the salicylic acid in it.

Visit my Accutane Log:
Focusing on JOY through Accutane

Accutane
Month 1: 40 mg Claravis, 500 mg Duricef (twice a day)
Month 2: 40 mg Claravis
Month 3: 40 mg Claravis
Month 4: 40 mg Claravis
Month 5: 40 mg Claravis
Month 6: 40 mg Claravis
Month 7: 40 mg Amnesteen

Update: 1/7/2011 Well, my acne is back. It's extremely mild, and I'm treating it and my previous acne scarring with ATRALIN.

#7 themaster

themaster

Remember to shave regularly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:18 AM

I have small amounts of acne in that area too. I will try your tip!

#8 Naen

Naen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:51 AM

Woohoo! biggrin.gif Finally a body acne section in this boards!
"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds" - Aesop

#9 TheExtricateApparition

TheExtricateApparition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:09 PM

I got a spot on my forearm, only one, but it was a bummer!
There is no cure for my despair, only intangible remedies..

#10 GeneCosta1

GeneCosta1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

Well this worked for me, but I wouldn't know about you. If you scar easily on your body, don't try it.. and this is going against everything some has told you..

But I scratched the hell out of my arm acne. I mean I killed all my cells until my entire arm was completely red. I then took a tissue, wet it, and rubbed over everything(I had popped every big/little zit)(mind you I only had like small zits). The next day I put Clearisil Cream(BP) over it, and when some of it flaked off I found it all gone.. Except for a few marks but I'm now on the third day after and it's barely, barely noticable.

Oh how I wish my face would do the same.

#11 PEPPER

PEPPER

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:00 PM

I used clinique body acne spray, since it's easy to use for back acne,
but make sure, you wait until it dry before you put on your clothes.

It clear out my b-acne but not the ugly marks, but at least i'm making sure that there woulb be no additional.

#12 angelsfall

angelsfall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:22 PM

Blah ever since I was about 10 I've had TONS of tiny little red pimples all over the front of both my upper arms and a blemish every now and then on my chest. I'm gonna try the neutrogena body wash and hopefully it'll work!!!

#13 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:52 PM

i used to have it really really bad a few years back. Now it is mild. But because it is on thebody, you press on them when you are sleeping etc and they get red and cause scarring. Sorry, no help here, thought I'd tell you my experience..

#14 hauntedmoon

hauntedmoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:20 AM

don't complain, just try dove sensitive body wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

X-O

#15 Guest_Guest_Chuck_*_*

Guest_Guest_Chuck_*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

Hey, guys just wanted to say you guys should try proactive i used that stuff in like less then 3 weeks it cleared it up so just saying you should use it check it out

Peace...

#16 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

How I got rid of acne on my back and arms..........

I got tanned (not burned) that I looked like a native american..even darker. Really. I went to pool with my friend 3 years ago every day for 2 months! Ahhh that was awesome...and when I got even a little bit tanned, my acne dissapeared and never cam back. Just a little bit maybe.
too bad it didn't do anything for my face =((

#17 ecsrun2

ecsrun2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:55 AM

Use a salicylic acid body lotion, and use a benzoyl peroxide face wash (yes - use it on your arm!).

Use the lotion twice a day, and the BP wash only once a day. Use it sparingly, make sure you massage it into the skin, and then leave it on for 30 seconds just like you would the face, then rinse it off.

Remember - using just an exfoliator like SA, will not actually kill the acne causing bacteria. You could kill those bacteria using other methods, I just find the BP wash in the shower to be the easiest. If you notice your arms getting really dried out, rotate the SA _lotion_ with a body lotion that does not contain acids, ie: alternate daily.

You can, if you like, use a SA body wash in combination with benzoyl peroxide wash in the shower, the problem sometimes is that your skin will be extremely dry when you get out of the shower. I found using the lotion containing SA to be the most effective, since you get to kill two birds with one stone.

Cheers,
-Eric

#18 ricky_lion

ricky_lion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:20 PM

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE JUST FOUND ALL THIS! HOPE YOU ARE ALL OK!
I AM 28 YEARS OLD AND A FEW MONTHS AGO I DEVELOPED THESE PUSSIE SPOTS ON MY UPPER ARMS - I WENT TO MY GP AND SHE SAID IT WAS ACNE. BY WHICH TIME I HAD BEEN SQUEEZING AND THEY WERE A RIGHT MESS. SHE PRESCIBED ME MINOCIN ANTIBIOTIC WHICH I HAVE BEEN ON NOW FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS. MY LEFT ARM IS WORSE THAN THE RIGHT.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A REALLY GOOD WAY TO CLEAR UP ACNE ON THE UPPER ARM - IVE NEVER HAD ACNE NOT EVEN AS A TEEN AND THIS IS THE 1ST TIME. I HAVE HAD A LOT OF STRESS AT WORK AND MY GP RECKONED THIS ACNE MAY HAVE BEEN AS A RESULT OF THIS.

ITS A REAL BUMMER BECAUSE I WANTED FOR AGES TO GET A TATTOO ON MY UPPER ARM BUT NOW IM WONDERING IF I WILL BE ABLE TOO.

SO, WHATS THE BEST WAY TO RID ACNE FROM UPPER ARM AND HAS ANYONE ELSE HERE GOTTEN A TATT HAVING UPPER ARM ACNE.

CHEERS

RICKY

#19 bangbang

bangbang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:33 AM

I'd highly recommend asking your dermatologist to look into something other than acne if it doesn't clear up soon. My grandmother gave my mother's kids all a skin condition that caused bumpy skins. My brother and I were only briefly affected by this on our cheeks, but my sister's upper arms were completely covered in these bumps. They are pretty much gone now because of a product her dermatologist recommended, I do believe. One time a couple years ago, she covered her arms in Clearsil though, and they went away over night.

My apologies in advance if this wasn't much help.

#20 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:21 PM

back in the day when my acne was at its worst i had it down to my elbows. It just went away by itself after two years. I have some bad scars on my arms, even though I don't squeeze, so it was probably due to sleeping on it etc