100 replies to this topic

#21 oilskinchile

oilskinchile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Go on bro!! Be patient! Do all what your doctor said! And relax
Life is good, i got a terrible initial break out, men the worst of my life, but something that help was eating whole nature food, put some benzoil peroxide in the big spots and in the night splash water in your face with cold water!
Good luck! From chile!

#22 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Be Still

Edited by SanLosAng, 23 April 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#23 cheesenips

cheesenips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

hey man,

just wanted to say thanks for updating us with your progress. i usually never post but i've been reading lots of peoples stories. yours case is similar to mine and i'm about the same age too. I'm considering accutane but I'm kind of concerned of the long term side effects. Let me know how it goes for you!!

As for people calling you out about your acne, it happens to me too. just be strong. who cares what people think. those arent the friends you want in your life anyways. plus i know how it feels to reject dates, several times i've asked some girls to hang out with me and at the end i kinda just bail cuz of my acne. But you know what, there are girls out there that arent shallow and will still go out with you even with acne. and you aint a bad looking guy, no homo. so dont sweat it. i believe everyone has their own problems they got to deal with and ours just happens to be acne.

Its just our self confidence is blown cuz of acne. I'm in the same boat. I feel like man if i didnt have acne, I'd def go out with these girls and attend all my friends parties. just know that there are always gonna be shallow ppl out there and there are always gonna be great people and you'll always come into contact with both types.

again please keep me updated with your accutane progress, i really am considering it also. we're in the same boat man! good luck

#24 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Be Still

#25 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Be Still

#26 jcb0404

jcb0404

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hey! good luck with everything and thanks for the updates on how accutane is working for u :) hopefully things will have gotten better two weeks from now. If youre really worried about it tho you could always have her come to your place in the evening and keep the lights low that way you wont be worried about having bright sun light shining on your face which would make the ance and redness more obvious. That might make you feel a little more secure during the date and hopefuly next time you go on a date your skin will be all cleared up and you wont have to worry about it!

#27 oilskinchile

oilskinchile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

sanlosang why your skin is oily, bro accutane dry the skin!! man be patient may be you will have a big initial break out in the first and second month!!!
go on!!!
are you having headaches???
come on there is no more good feeling that having a clear skin!!!! come on bro!!! you can
rome wasnt build in 1 week

#28 teresa*

teresa*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hey, good luck with your accutane course. Im nearly 3 weeks into mine. Reading what people at work said to you - some people can be so cruel and thoughtless, but your right, in 6 months time you can say HA and you will probably see just how shallow some people are. I do feel for you guys not been able to wear makeup, well technically you could, but i guess society drills it in that its not right.

Good luck with your date, personally I feel like I dont even want to meet anyone till this course is over, its a shame acne can rule your life.

#29 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Be Still

#30 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Be Still

#31 jackchi24

jackchi24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Good luck with everything! I literally just became a member here after stalking this site for about a year now. I'm planning to start accutane in January and just got my first blood test done today! I completely understand how you are feeling over your skin, cause I feel the same way a lot of the time. Don't let anyone make you feel bad. Everyone has to go through tough times in their life and your taking control of it now and will come out of it a better person with nice, clear skin! Ignore the people you work with and try to surround yourself with friends and family who make you feel good about yourself. And just remember that your skin always seems the worst to you. I tell myself this all the time. Most people don't even think about what other people's skin looks like, nobody is examining your skin and seeing all the flaws that you see when you look in the mirror.

I'm also really concerned about scarring so I understand how you feel about looking at your cheeks in different lighting/mirrors to look at the scars because I do the same exact thing! From what I've read, accutane can help smooth out your whole skin texture and minimize any scars you may have so by the time your done with your treatment I'm sure your skin will look fantastic! My derm is a medical and cosmetic derm and she told me to not even worry about scars since there are so many great treatments for them nowadays.

#32 tommyc38

tommyc38

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

So I read your story and know how you feel. I hate going out when I am acned out...I have been on vacations like when you went to Vegas and you just feel so damn low about your skin and know that if it was better you would be having a GREAT time (definitely been there!!!)! Accutane will definitely help with the scarring. All of my imperfections and some small acne scars became much more noticeable (at least to me) while on Accutane because it thins your skin out so bad. However, when you are done and your skin grows back and plumps out it will look much much better---like new skin! Relationships are tough when you have a breakout. You should read one of my most recent posts (Clearup, Meet a Girl, Breakout, Breakdown, Breakup---rinse wash repeat). I remember the first time I went on Accutane my senior year in high school my face was absolutely terrible, worse than yours (its a miracle I don't really have any scarring from it)..by the time freshman year of college started I was finished with Accutane and my face was completely clear and looked great! I went absolutely crazy!! For the first time ever girls were all over me and it felt so good to feel wanted (and believe me...I made up for lost time!). Granted, even when I was an acne mess I managed to date the best looking girl in high school for a few months (despite everyone being completely stupefied). I guess it made me learn to be funny and witty and she was crazy about me because of that. We even dated more seriously in college and are friends to this day. However, my acne returned and my confidence went out the window...I went back on accutane a year later and my skin looked great again. Keep in mind that I never went on a high dose and was never on it for very long. Long story short, I feel like I always meet great girls when my skin is clear and then breakup as it slowly rots away. I have been lucky my face has been relatively clear the last five years. However, I still get the occasional breakout and I am just done with it and started accutane 20 days ago. I just upped my dose to 80mg and am hoping my IB doesn't go crazy because right now my skin looks pretty good (in fact, I am pretty sure my skin would be completely clear if I wasn't on accutane). I am really hoping I can skate by the first two months with only a few small bumps (no pun intended). Usually the first two months are the worst and then it gets MUCH better. Anyways, keep your head up...I would still hang out with that girl but I would just tell her to come over and then make the lighting just right (I have done that shit plenty of times and it works hahaha).

As for those people who make comments like that...fuck em. The best thing to do is just right them off. Don't laugh, smile, or make any conversation outside of work related items. I have done that with people before (not because of skin comments but for other reasons). Don't ever look back. Those people are un-compassionate douche bags and you have no use for them. Sometimes you have to learn to write people off and give them NOTHING.

Your skin is going to look great when you are done! You are going to find this whole life you have been missing out on and live it up! I will be on this road with you and you can follow me on my blog if you want. When you start feeling down, just keep the end goal in mind...its just not going to happen right this very moment but it WILL happen...I promise you.

#33 SkyIsBorn

SkyIsBorn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:Yoga, Christmas, my puppy and The Lakers!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

We're all here for you and I've been staying updated with your posts! Honestly, try yoga. Just give it a try. I read earlier that you don't think you'd do it-- but seriously. Find inner peace and things will look better than they do now, because your outlook will have shifted.

P.S. YOU NEVER TOLD US HOW THE DATE WENT! :)

#34 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hey mate I've just read through parts of your log and just like to make a couple of comments.

First of all ignore any immature person who has a go at you, whether it is for acne or something else, they're just pathetic and not worth your time.

Secondly you dose will be increased if your skin is handling your current dosage. There is no such thing as improving to quickly to get put up to another dose. I'll prove this through the situation I had earlier in my course. I, like you, was meant to be on 20mg/day for the first month, but unlike you my skin hadn't improved enough to have my dose increased. This resulted in me spending another two months of 20mg/day, this was to prevent a horrible breakout and potential acne scarring (I already have a fair bit prior to treatment). I have also had significant improvements so far into my course, just thought I'd mention that to give you a bit more confidence with the medication.

Good luck with your Accutane course mate.

Edited by jamie o, 20 November 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#35 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

You sir are a legend! Your scaring dosnt look to bad at all. And I really mean that ! :)
I'm on day 12 I think , and only just getting my IB and it's terrible... All I can say is that we all need to keep or
It heads up high and hope that the roaccutane will work it's magic soon and bless us all with clear skin!

Goodluck bro <3

#36 oilskinchile

oilskinchile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

jaimie o what do you mean??
First of all ignore any immature personal who has a go at you, whether it is for acne or something else, they're just pathetic and not worth your time.
good luck mate!!

#37 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

jaimie o what do you mean??
First of all ignore any immature personal who has a go at you, whether it is for acne or something else, they're just pathetic and not worth your time.
good luck mate!!

Some of the previous comments were talking about people from his work giving him a hard time, and for him not to bother about these people. I was just supporting their viewpoint about saying that he should try and ignore these types of comments, that he has experienced from some of his fellow workers. I have experienced comments about my acne from when I was around ten, and they're usually spoken by people who are superficial (people you would not associate with by choice), but unforunately that doesn't mean their words won't hurt someone. So that is why I said what I did.

How did you read it? Not having a go at you, but I'll gladly reword my original comment if it can be interpreted in a negative manner. I'm sorry if it has.

Edited by jamie o, 20 November 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#38 oilskinchile

oilskinchile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Jamie o! Its ok bro!! I think exact like you!
I didnt undetstand some grammar in the frace! But its ok ! Dont worry!! Lets give all the support to this guy!!!
Thaks for your answer!!

#39 SanLosAng

SanLosAng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Be Still

Edited by SanLosAng, 23 April 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#40 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:I hate to tell you, sweetie - but if you're dating me, you're dating white trash.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I want to toss my hat into the ring and say I think you're brave, bold, and beautiful. I'm so glad you're here. Please keep sharing - we are listening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users