Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really Need New Foundation That Won't Make Pores Look Larger! Currently Using Revlion Colorstay?

33 posts in this topic

I think NC 25 should be "Fresh Beige" in the Revlon color range, I am NC 30 and uses "True Beige". smile.png

Healthy skin isn't a bad choice, it has salicylic acid in it and should help with breakout for a bit.

I don't know about Nearly Naked though, have you tried the "whipped" version of ColorStay yet? It's WAY better than the liquid version, much more natural looking finish.

Haha, I remember the good old time when I was freshly new to foundation too.

I used to use my finger and rub it around on my face. Luckily it didn't lead to any bigger problems

Just make sure to moisturize your skin well the night before, exfoliate in the morning if you need to, then apply primer, and then use a wet brush to slowly "paint" over your skin. Be gentle and lightly spread the foundation around.

(There should be one more step at the end where people use loose powder to "set" the foundation, but I never see the point of it so I skip it entirely. If you have oily skin then it might benefits you to use it though. But the whole foundation routine should only be involving: primer -> foundation -> *optional* loose powder)

And one thing about foundation is that it tends to look better as the time goes on, so don't worry if you think it looks a bit unnatural at first, most likely it'll blend well in your skin in like an hour or so~ But that doesn't mean you can apply a ton of it... go slow!

The key is to slowly build up the coverage rather than putting on too much right off the bat. Apply just a little bit, if the coverage isn't enough, put a little more on the areas that you want to cover. And repeat until you think it has enough coverage. smile.png

Hi- Lancome's Teint Miracle is amazing.

I put a tutorial on my blog using this foundation- you can see how easily it covers acne.

www.4loveofmakeup.wordpress.com

It looks really natural, builds easily without looking cakey, is good for sensitive skin and stays put all day. Everyone I've ever recommended it to has loved it.

As for Revlon Colour Stay, I've always found that to have a tacky, paint like texture and have never really got on with it.

I think his tips are great about hiding pores :

Thanks for all the great tips guys! I started using the Too Faced primer and I switched moisturizers, and voila, my face doesn't look orange anymore. :)

Always use a primer. I use one by Stila it also has an SPF. My foundation is Lancome Teint Idole 24HR (the originaly teint idole was better though :o!).

Revlon Colorstay is way too Orangey! I also rec Estee Lauder Double Wear or the Shiseido foundation but I can't remember which, Shiseido is right into Pore Minimizing though.

Hey Savy!

I'm glad that you've invested in a primer, and everyone is correct-- they do minimize pores and create a flawless canvas.

HOWEVER.....and there's a but....

Using primers with Silicone (and oil, too) will absolutely worsen your acne. Even if it doesn't cause an initial breakout, the primer is creating a barrier between the world and your skin, so anything that's happening in and on your epidermis is beneath the primer. If you have any sort of active breakout, deep down or surface, it's being suffocated, and is unable to naturally heal. The primer is not letting your skin breathe!

Silicone is especially bad, as it does not allow the skin to breathe. (Of course, sadly, it creates the most beautiful doll-like canvas! Bah!)

As someone who is seriously and totally invested in the art of beauty, I would return the Too Face primer, as the long term damage is not worth it. Instead, I would invest in a silicone and oil-free primer. Unfortunately, there are far and few, and they don't provide nearly as obvious results as some more popular primers, like Hourglass mineral veil, Porefessional, HD micro, Too Faced, but your skin will thank you long term!

One primer that I will use is the Sepora Silicone and Oil-free primer. (Odd for me, because I don't typically buy generic. I'm a slave to brand :( ) Korres makes a SILICONE-free, but not oil-free, primer that is wonderful, but unfortunately does not suit my sensitive skin. Laura Mericer has an oil-free primer with light silicone. There are several more, but I would definitely consider!

(As for the state of my skin, it's pretty clear!)

Hey Savy!

I'm glad that you've invested in a primer, and everyone is correct-- they do minimize pores and create a flawless canvas.

HOWEVER.....and there's a but....

Using primers with Silicone (and oil, too) will absolutely worsen your acne. Even if it doesn't cause an initial breakout, the primer is creating a barrier between the world and your skin, so anything that's happening in and on your epidermis is beneath the primer. If you have any sort of active breakout, deep down or surface, it's being suffocated, and is unable to naturally heal. The primer is not letting your skin breathe!

Silicone is especially bad, as it does not allow the skin to breathe. (Of course, sadly, it creates the most beautiful doll-like canvas! Bah!)

As someone who is seriously and totally invested in the art of beauty, I would return the Too Face primer, as the long term damage is not worth it. Instead, I would invest in a silicone and oil-free primer. Unfortunately, there are far and few, and they don't provide nearly as obvious results as some more popular primers, like Hourglass mineral veil, Porefessional, HD micro, Too Faced, but your skin will thank you long term!

One primer that I will use is the Sepora Silicone and Oil-free primer. (Odd for me, because I don't typically buy generic. I'm a slave to brand sad.png ) Korres makes a SILICONE-free, but not oil-free, primer that is wonderful, but unfortunately does not suit my sensitive skin. Laura Mericer has an oil-free primer with light silicone. There are several more, but I would definitely consider!

(As for the state of my skin, it's pretty clear!)

if anyone finds the best one, pm me with links