3 replies to this topic

#1 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

A few years ago I started to get spots on my lower leg. They’re not only disgusting but also incredibly itchy (wakes me up at night) The doctor first gave me some hydro-cortisone cream. Unfortunately this didn’t help at all. He then gave me Minocycline antibiotic, which did clear it up, but now its back, 2 years later.

Cause antibiotics make me feel awful (really don’t agree with me) I tried various topical treatments to clear it up (aha, antibacterial cream/face wash etc) and the only thing that has worked is Panoxyl BP 10% Wash. Unfortunately this has been discontinued and I cant find a substitute that is 10% BP and also doesn't include perfume (as I’m allergic to perfume). Does anyone have any suggestions of an alternative? I’ve tried searching google but have come up with nothing.

Thanks.

#2 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

You could look for Oxy Maximun 10% bp wash. I've seen it at Walmart.

edit: Sorry, I just realized this was the UK product forum. You probably don't have Oxy there, do you?

We're all in this together.

#3 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Thanks Brandy.

We do have oxy here... but not that product for some reason. I can get it shipped over, but it works out at about twice as expensive. As money is pretty tight at the moment, with the cost of all the other products I need., I was really hoping for a product I could get here in the UK. Thanks though, may use it if i get no other suggestions as it looks like it doesn't include perfume, which is great (and surprising for such a high street brand)

#4 Loftur

Loftur

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Did you try Panoxyl W Emulsion? The one in a tube, not in a bottle? Some still could be found on online auctions. The difference is that the package is smaller - 100 ml only, but still it has 10% BP.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users