Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tricky

Panoxyl 10% Bp Wash – Alternative Suggestions Please

4 posts in this topic

A few years ago I started to get spots on my lower leg. They’re not only disgusting but also incredibly itchy (wakes me up at night) The doctor first gave me some hydro-cortisone cream. Unfortunately this didn’t help at all. He then gave me Minocycline antibiotic, which did clear it up, but now its back, 2 years later.

Cause antibiotics make me feel awful (really don’t agree with me) I tried various topical treatments to clear it up (aha, antibacterial cream/face wash etc) and the only thing that has worked is Panoxyl BP 10% Wash. Unfortunately this has been discontinued and I cant find a substitute that is 10% BP and also doesn't include perfume (as I’m allergic to perfume). Does anyone have any suggestions of an alternative? I’ve tried searching google but have come up with nothing.

Thanks.

You could look for Oxy Maximun 10% bp wash. I've seen it at Walmart.

edit: Sorry, I just realized this was the UK product forum. You probably don't have Oxy there, do you?

Thanks Brandy.

We do have oxy here... but not that product for some reason. I can get it shipped over, but it works out at about twice as expensive. As money is pretty tight at the moment, with the cost of all the other products I need., I was really hoping for a product I could get here in the UK. Thanks though, may use it if i get no other suggestions as it looks like it doesn't include perfume, which is great (and surprising for such a high street brand)

Did you try Panoxyl W Emulsion? The one in a tube, not in a bottle? Some still could be found on online auctions. The difference is that the package is smaller - 100 ml only, but still it has 10% BP.