Photo

Danny Boy's Accutane Diary (Pics)

dan accutane diary red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 SmoothTofu

SmoothTofu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Day 26

So today when I was moisturizing my hands, the top of my right hand (opposite the palm) suddenly got really itchy. I started to panic and I noticed that the hair follicles in this area were suddenly really red and sensitive. The itchiness went away, but now I'm left with a bunch of crusty dots. What in the world just happened...I really hope it's just dry skin or something.

#22 SmoothTofu

SmoothTofu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Day 28

A few cystic pimples scattered about my forehead, but not much else. I love the way my skin feels right now; it's dry and practically free of oil, but not peeling.

Some of my blackheads are starting to fall out now. Awesome!

On that note, my nose is starting to get a bit oily again. Time for a dosage increase, perhaps?

#23 SmoothTofu

SmoothTofu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Day 30

I'm moving from 40mg per day to 80mg starting tomorrow. I'm praying this won't cause too many problems! Seems necessary though given my weight...

#24 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Day 30

I'm moving from 40mg per day to 80mg starting tomorrow. I'm praying this won't cause too many problems! Seems necessary though given my weight...

Mate how much do you weigh? And whose putting up your dose?

I weigh 73 kilograms, roughly, and I am on 40mg/day. The recommended dosage is between 0.5-1mg/kg/day. The dosage only affects the length of your treatment, once within the previously mentioned range, not the effectiveness of the treatment. I am not saying you can't take 80mg/day, just it's not something you have to do, if you are concerned about the side-effects you might experience on the higher dose. Just thought I would mention this seeing as you appear to be concerned about going to a higher dose, either way good luck with your course.

#25 SmoothTofu

SmoothTofu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Day 30

Mate how much do you weigh? And whose putting up your dose?

I weigh 73 kilograms, roughly, and I am on 40mg/day. The recommended dosage is between 0.5-1mg/kg/day. The dosage only affects the length of your treatment, once within the previously mentioned range, not the effectiveness of the treatment. I am not saying you can't take 80mg/day, just it's not something you have to do, if you are concerned about the side-effects you might experience on the higher dose. Just thought I would mention this seeing as you appear to be concerned about going to a higher dose, either way good luck with your course.

I weigh 80kg, so it seems pretty normal for my weight. On one hand I'm worried about increased side effects, but on the other I just want to get this over with as soon as possible.

#26 SmoothTofu

SmoothTofu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Day 43

It's been a while since I last updated! I've been on 80mg for nearly half a month now, and things seem to be progressing normally. The oil on my nose began coming back before I upped my dosage, but it seems to have mostly gone away now. My face and lips are really dry and flaky now. I'm still getting new pimples on my forehead and jawline, but luckily they're drying out quickly. I have some big dried scabs as a result though :( Besides that though, I haven't experienced any other side effects.