saw palmetto candida

25 replies to this topic

#21 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

thanks for the update! i actually only took it for a few months then weened myself off of it to see if it was really helping.

ive now been off of it for a couple of months and my skin is still good (the odd breakout but nothing cystic or infamed)

its definitely been the gluten removal that has helped me :)

#22 mikito

mikito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Congratulations Chelslaw  for your success with saw palmetto. I am female, 43 years, still suffering from cystic acne since I was teen, but It,s better than before  because of Diane 35 + zinc gluconate 30 mg. But  I still have acne.

I am considering taking Saw Palmetto capsules or increasing to 45 mg of zinc but I am afraid about combining Diane 35 with Saw Palmetto, because of the increase of strogen. Chelslaw, you said you were also taking BCP? Which one? Does anyone take Diane35 + Saw Palmetto?

Please, keep updating.

#23 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I take ortho tri cyclen. i believe they took diane35 off the market. i know they did here in canada recently...

i dont take saw p anymore though. i did for a few months, then weened off of it.

for my it was gluten removal and cutting down on sugar that really did help me. its been 7 months now without gluten and its amazing that results ive seen with my skin. i encourage you to give it a shot for at least a couple of months before judging if it helps or not.

good luck!

#24 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

"Birth control pills (Contraceptive drugs) interacts with SAW PALMETTO

Some birth control pills contain estrogen. Saw palmetto might decrease the effects of estrogen in the body. Taking saw palmetto along with birth control pills might decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills. If you take birth control pills along with saw palmetto, use an additional form of birth control such as a condom."

Just in case you did not know.

#25 MaskedOne

MaskedOne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Bumping up to re-ask the question... has anyone taken Saw Palmetto for at least one month? What was the dose?  I had been taking Spiro (50 - 75mg), and it worked wonderfully but I ended up with painful side effect so I've stopped (I had horrible bladder pains. I think it's something to do with effect on potassium on the body). Anyway - I'm looking into Saw Palmetto and it only affects DHT!  This could  be a huge deal for me. I don't need BP medication or diuretic or bigger boobs... but if I'm understand everything I read - this affects both the estrogen AND testosterone.  I'm so hopeful this will work for me. I've order a bottle and plan to start at 160mg/day, 2x/day.  I also love that it's natural.

Can anyone offer recent success stories?  Did you change anything else in  you diet?  I'm on BC pills and also take Cod Liver Oil pills, 50mg Zing, 500mg Mg, and a multi-vitamin.  I really want this to work, and it theory, it sounds like it could. I'm not expecting some overnight miracle. Spiro took a good 1-2 months to work, so I will try to be patient.  I'm petite so I'm not sure I high dosage would be the way to start.

Further disclosure:  I eat fairly healthy and my acne has come back after being 98% clear after 6 months. I stopped Spiro 4 months ago, stopped BC three weeks ago an cysts came back :(  I was so upset so I"ve started BC pills and Spiro again, even with the painful side effects. I cannot take having these horrendous cysts. When I get the Saw P. I'll stop the Spiro (25mg daily, btw, and I STILL am getting reactions).  I would like to be able to eat fairly healthy and not freak out on a "cheat day" when I want to have a GD pretzel.

#26 CrayonsNglu

CrayonsNglu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

I have been taking saw palmetto for a little over a month. I take about 900mg a day and I definitely noticed a difference in terms of how many breakouts i get but I am still just as oily. I have no inflamed spots on my chin or forehead. I have a bump by my right eyebrow and a small bump on my left cheek that feels deep but isnt coming up so it may just go away....but usually at this time of the month I have like three bumps on my forehead and one or two on my chin. So....I think its helping. I am not sure how well it works compared to spiro because I havent tried spiro yet...I am hoping I can just use saw palmetto instead because I do think its starting to help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users