Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Benzac Ac The Obvious Replacement For Panoxyl?

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Panoxyl 2.5% and 5% seem to be discontinued and a lot of people seem to be stressing out over this.

On ebay UK there is Benzac AC 2.5% and 5% which is also a gel.

Surely this is the obvious replacement?

I think its what they mainly use in OZ.

Think i might have to try it.

2 people like this

It does seem the obvious replacement as it is water based. However its extremely expensive over here in the UK, as it has to be posted from Australia. I wouldn't get the one on ebay that comes from Thailand, as its probably fake/counterfeit.

The obvious replacement is Dans Acne.org BP imho.

1 person likes this

thanks for the reply.

there is one seller on ebay who ships stuff from Thailand but he has thousands of feedback and is over 99% positive I think.

from oz its about 20 quid for 60g which isnt too bad as that should last at least 2 months depending on how much you use?

I am gutted about this and desperate to get my hands on it, this combined with my Oilatum face repair moisturiser and Bulldog face exfoliator has been a god send.

Know of any good sellers online to buy any reserve stock they have?

Hi, I've plumped for dans gel rather than going for the Australian stuff, as the guy above says does anybody know any reliable seller of benzac. As I wouldn't want to be buying counterfeit rubbish.

I think GPs can prescribe Acnecide which is a 5% benzoyl peroxide aqueous gel. It's in the British national formulary... I'm going to see my Dr in the New Year and I really hope he can give it to me!

Post Roaccutane (finished December 2013) Regimen: MorningSimple Refreshing Facial WashPaula's Choice 2% BHA and 8% AHA Gels

Finacea 15% Azelaic Acid

Medik8 C- tetra

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Eyes with hyaluronic acid

Eucerin UltraSensitive Soothing Care for Normal-Combination Skin

La Roche Posay Dry Touch SPF 50+Nivea Lip Care Sun Protect SPF 30MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW10, No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder - TranslucentEveningSimple Refreshing Facial WashDifferin 0.1% Adapalene La a Roche a Posay Lipikar Baume with Niacinamide <p>Vaseline100% acne free and left only with the faintest few red marks and shallow scarring. Products no longer used for acne prevention/treatment but for anti-ageing and hyper pigmentation (mostly just freckled now rather than post acne!)

I can confirm I have been using Benzac for ages, they sell it in Singapore where I live - 10% for $18 I think £9 for the same amount. So £20 does seem a lot with less concentration and it works great!