Photo

Just Started Using Skinceuticals Phyto+ With Kojic Acid Purchased On Ebay, Breaking It In Old, Hard Cysts

kojic acid hyperpigmentation side effects cystic acne comedogenic

No replies to this topic

#1 bizz

bizz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

As said, I purchased six trial vials of the stuff on Ebay for twenty bucks (it's usually 80 online) and woke up yesterday with the cysts I used to get before Accutane--big, hard, deep, so filled with gook the pore was open. I pushed the stuff out (gross--sorry)...it seemed never-ending. It's a big swollen semi-hard wound now after (gently) using tissued fingers to push out some of the pus today.

I am horrified. Maybe I just haven't been minding keeping my hair out of my face enough, maybe it's because it's almost that time of the month, but these hurt so much and they're disgusting.

Have any of you used Skinceuticals Phyto+ successfully? Could it be something else? I have been on Aldactone for two and a half years--I hate this drug, but it kept stuff like this at bay.

I use retinoids sporadically (have for five years--they only worked when I was on Accutane, now they just make me purge whiteheads forever before my skin gets crusty and sore), salicylic acid astringent for oil, benzoyl peroxide on areas the prescription topicals seem to make the skin soft and greasy, and have been putting bandaids over old, purple areas with this stuff so it doesn't simply rub off.

Now I have two big disgusting cysts in addition to the rubbery smaller ones. I am so afraid it is the kojic acid. I don't know how else I will get rid of acne marks--this is supposed to be the best option, given that glycolic acid and Retin-A make my skin awful.

Sound familiar to anyone? Anyone know any other Kojic acid products (preferably those without azeliac acid, which causes hair growth)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users