Photo

Healthy Diet & Fixing Leaky Gut Log

juicing probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 alexisc

alexisc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Closing this log down. I went to the doctor today and I don't have acne I have folliculitus!!! He says it is bacterial and I will need to go on minocycline. 

So obviously no amount of diet changes are going to fix that. I ate one cookie and my face flared with 100 pimples on my forehead! Acne does not act like that. 

I will be making sure to take probiotics with the antibiotics to minimize affects to my system. 

Starting out on a high dose and lowering down but I will need to be on it for a few months. 

So yeah.. if your acne doesn't respond to anything, consider folliculitus. 

#42 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for posting - I was always following along :)

Best of luck!!!

Last week I ate an insane amount of candy, chocolate and baked goods- tons of easter dinners etc. Now I have my first big bump happening on my chin since going gluten free 6 months ago.

Drinking tons and tons of water, continuing on with my skin regime and cutting back tremendously with the sugar and hoping it goes away before it gets ugly!

#43 alexisc

alexisc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hey chelslaw,

thank you for your continued support :) 

I'm so glad going gluten free had such great affects for you! I'm sure the one bump is just a warning sign to get back into your regular pattern and then it will vanish. I do get regular acne if I eat anything with wheat as well. I think it's your body's way of telling you not to eat what you are eating hehe. 

#44 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Absolutely. I havent had any wheat, its just a super duper increase in sugar!

I had 3 Easter dinners and I did lots of baking. I decided to switch my exercise routine and workout in the mornings and then my evenings were free, so I baked and I ate sweets. It wasnt good. I decided for me that its best if I do my errands and exercise in the evenings to keep me busy :)

The bump luckily came to a head ( a few times) so its not a true cyst/nodule.

I will take it as a warning sign to get back into a better eating pattern!! Its been my first big bump since arround Xmas and same thing then, tons of gluten free baked goods, candies, chocolates, sugary cocktails etc.