Photo

I'm Ice Cold- Getting Over Someone Help?

love acne rejection self harm depression suicide relationships

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Thankyou everybody for the help Posted Image I've had such a bad day at school and I can't wait until graduation so i can get away from all this, but even then my parents are making me go to Uni which i really dont want to go to so even then I dont feel like i have no enjoyable future Posted Image ugh life eh?

To taketheskies- I agree with everything you said, i do believe i probably put a lot of hope in that relationship believing that it would improve my life. As for self harm, I wouldn't totally agree with it being called a 'cry for help' since i never told anybody and just wanted to feel better at the time but often in cases it is.

To Omarcomin- Thankyou so much Posted Image It's great to hear from someone who's been in my position!

no going to uni would be good, you can start fresh and get away from all those shitfaces, ugh that ben guy and the asshole i want to smash their heads in D:<

and actually my friend had a similar situation, not as big and we were all just tiny middle schoolers lol, but she and this guy liked each other and this other guy told him that she was telling people that he was begging her to go out with him (which she didnt do) aaand so he got mad at her even after she told him she didnt, but she eventually decided if he was going to believe this other guy (who was kind of notorious for being a jerk) and he wasnt going to believe or trust her, she didnt want to be with him anyway

Uni isn't for everyone.

One has to find ones own path. Not something that may have worked for someone else.

#22 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I can see both sides of the argurement for university. I can understand why you don't want to go especially if you feel like you're being forced into it and it must feel daunting if you're a very shy person and don't have much confidence. Personally i would go and at least give it a try, If you put yourself out there than you could make friends and not to mention there will be plenty of women around lol, but you don't have to be mr suave, smooth and super confident just maybe work on your confidence a bit before going there.

TakeToTheSkies is right about uni not being the be all and end all of getting a good job, especially with the way things are in britain and europe at the moment. You've got a lot of unfair pressure on you at the moment with going to uni as you probably don't want to let your parents down but it's you who would have to go and not them and if your're really not comfortable going then that's a lot of pressure on you. Personally i would just think about if for a while and weigh out the pros and cons but i would give it a try . . . it may not work out but it could also be one of the best experiences of your life.

#23 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thankyou everybody for the help Posted Image I've had such a bad day at school and I can't wait until graduation so i can get away from all this, but even then my parents are making me go to Uni which i really dont want to go to so even then I dont feel like i have no enjoyable future Posted Image ugh life eh?

To taketheskies- I agree with everything you said, i do believe i probably put a lot of hope in that relationship believing that it would improve my life. As for self harm, I wouldn't totally agree with it being called a 'cry for help' since i never told anybody and just wanted to feel better at the time but often in cases it is.

To Omarcomin- Thankyou so much Posted Image It's great to hear from someone who's been in my position!

no going to uni would be good, you can start fresh and get away from all those shitfaces, ugh that ben guy and the asshole i want to smash their heads in D:<

and actually my friend had a similar situation, not as big and we were all just tiny middle schoolers lol, but she and this guy liked each other and this other guy told him that she was telling people that he was begging her to go out with him (which she didnt do) aaand so he got mad at her even after she told him she didnt, but she eventually decided if he was going to believe this other guy (who was kind of notorious for being a jerk) and he wasnt going to believe or trust her, she didnt want to be with him anyway

Uni isn't for everyone.

One has to find ones own path. Not something that may have worked for someone else.

well actually im still in high school. idk about the uk, but in california youd be more of an outcast by not going to college than by having acne : P

#24 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Uni isn't for everyone.

well actually im still in high school. idk about the uk, but in california youd be more of an outcast by not going to college than by having acne : P

That's interesting comment. Being an outcast for not going uni.

Here in the u.k unless you have got £9k a year for your education then uni just isn't an option. Also more students are unemployed than ever before. In this current climate, unless you want to be a doctor or something like that than uni just isn't as practical as it once was.

Businesses are employing people with apprenticeships because they have had experience in that line of work. I work in facility management and the last 8 people we have hired do not have a uni background in what we do. They have all worked in facility management before or served apprenticeships as electricians or air con engineers.

I'm not saying that's how things should be, it's just the way they are.

I think higher education should be free. If we are to progress than we need educated people, so free uni is an investment in the future.

Edited by TakeToTheSkies, 08 October 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#25 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Uni isn't for everyone.

That's interesting comment. Being an outcast for not going uni.

Here in the u.k unless you have got £9k a year for your education then uni just isn't an option. Also more students are unemployed than ever before. In this current climate, unless you want to be a doctor or something like that than uni just isn't as practical as it once was.

Businesses are employing people with apprenticeships because they have had experience in that line of work. I work in facility management and the last 8 people we have hired do not have a uni background in what we do. They have all worked in facility management before or served apprenticeships as electricians or air con engineers.

I'm not saying that's how things should be, it's just the way they are.

I think higher education should be free. If we are to progress than we need educated people, so free uni is an investment in the future.

yeah, not one single person at my school isnt at least planning to do community college... idk about the money conversions, but the prices are insane! even then though youll have a hard time getting by trying to find a job without at least a bachelors. ugh all the professions ive ever felt an interest in require like 6-8 extra years of med school.... yeah dont want to be in school until im like 30 lol.

i think a completely different system would be better, like more specialized schools instead of hundreds of colleges all over the country that all have the same things and make it hard to decide which ones to apply to. but thats just a fantasy haha