1 reply to this topic

#1 vinnycarter07

vinnycarter07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Hello,

I am on day 18 of 40mg Accutane. I have a really itchy scalp, which I suspect is caused by shampoo.

My plan is to totally avoid the use of any shampoo and conditioner from now on. I will use Aloe Vera gel to style my air. Do you think this is a good idea?

I went to the drug store to try to find some kind of moisturizing hair product, but I noticed that conditioners even have alchohol in them (which drys out the skin), and I don't think T-Gel is right for me either because it has Salycic Acid, which would also dry out my skin.

Now I'm basically left with one option: use nothing but water to wash my hair. Is this a good plan? Will it stop the ichiness and dryness?

#2 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

It was crimson, like a drop of blood.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm on accutane and I had the same problem, even though I was using head and shoulders. I switched to head and shoulders for dry scalp, which has almond oil in it, and it completely got rid of the flakyness. I also use an expensive salon conditioner and I use a lot of it, which I'm sure helps a lot. But yeah, try to head and shoulders with almond oil.
~May the night always embrace it's own~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users