2 replies to this topic

#1 sharmark

sharmark

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hey guys!

I'm an aspiring medical doctor (applying soon!!) and I'm very excited to be finally on board at acne.org.

First of all, I used to suffer from cystic acne CONSTANTLY. I tried everything. I mean, it's literally been 7 years. I'm now 21, and I've finally figured out what was causing my acne.

Before I get too ahead of myself, I just wanted to ask any of you a few questions..

Do any of you know of any articles/ research papers relating gluten (glutenen and gliadin proteins) to inflammation or immunological reaction in general?
Please don't go 'of course there are, google it', I meant if there were any specifics that you know of that would be more revealing or legitimate.

Thanks, and stay healthy!

Rishi

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hey guys!

I'm an aspiring medical doctor (applying soon!!) and I'm very excited to be finally on board at acne.org.

First of all, I used to suffer from cystic acne CONSTANTLY. I tried everything. I mean, it's literally been 7 years. I'm now 21, and I've finally figured out what was causing my acne.

Before I get too ahead of myself, I just wanted to ask any of you a few questions..

Do any of you know of any articles/ research papers relating gluten (glutenen and gliadin proteins) to inflammation or immunological reaction in general?
Please don't go 'of course there are, google it', I meant if there were any specifics that you know of that would be more revealing or legitimate.

Thanks, and stay healthy!

Rishi

Welcome, if you are looking for gluten research, I suggest asking the same question in the Nutrition / Holistic forum. It will get more views that way from people who are into that field.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 morgancooper

morgancooper

• Members