54 replies to this topic

#41 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Day 109

Well I have made yet another change in my regime, I used it this weekend. I have started using Aveeno Sensitive skin acne cleanser in the AM, and Aveeno Dry sensitive skin cleanser in the PM. After washing I am using THAYERS witch hazel with Aloe and lemon astringent. I find it is helping with redness as well as dryness. I will still used the Aveda once weekly. For Lotion I have been using the Ciabo first and then Cetaphil if needed however with the Thayers I havent had a real need for extra moisture.

Attached Thumbnails

• 108f.jpg
  • 108l.jpeg
  • 108r.jpeg

Edited by Lindseym, 15 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#42 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Day 110

I have woken up this week with large pimples... I have never really had these kind, they are on my cheeks and not the clogged pore type I am used to. I think I may discontinue the use of the Thayers but keep with everything else. I am spot treating with Tea Tree to heal as well ast he penaten at night as always.

This mornings Pictures:

Attached Thumbnails

• 110r.jpeg
  • 110f.jpg
  • 110l.jpeg

#43 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I think i mentioned this before, all the switching of products that you are doing is probably not helping. I know its hard to just let things be but for the time being, it might help.

Did you speak to your derm about extending your course?

#44 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I think i mentioned this before, all the switching of products that you are doing is probably not helping. I know its hard to just let things be but for the time being, it might help.

Did you speak to your derm about extending your course?

You are so right, I need to stop bouncing around. I have picked my cleanser (the Aveeno Sensitive skin) my moisturizer (Ciabo + Cetephil when I am really dry) and am keeping with the Aveda Kinetics liquid exfoliant. The only time this will get disrupted is if I have to do a quick wipe at work with my Oxy pads and appy the Ciabo after... I only do this when I get dirty at work or the barn riding and dont have access to a shower/sink. As for the course the Dr put me on one more month so my ending Acc. dose will be 115mg/ kg :)

Day 111
I was unable to take my Accutane last night due to a concussion ... so I am not sure if this counts as day 111 ? I am starting to get so excited to wake up in the morning, finally I am feeling so positive about my skin. I feel like I need to knock on wood but the Accutane has been a miracle!

Edited by Lindseym, 16 January 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#45 whereismymind

whereismymind

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hey- it's good to hear of someone on a third round of Accutane. I've been considering doing a third round as well, but I'm nervous to take the plunge because it is the last time I can take it. Did your derm say this would have to be your last time as well or would you be able to go on it a 4th time? I'm 25 but my derm said I might want to wait until I'm a little older because I'll have a higher chance of stopping it for good.

Glad your last post was positive! I love and miss that feeling of being excited to wake up in the morning to clear skin!

#46 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hey! My dr doesnt think I will need another course after this with the positive results :)
How long did you stay clear after round 2 ? is it bad enough to do another round ? mine were all the under the skin ones that dint respond to anything and were so deep although you couldnt really see them they hurt and there was nothing anyone could do about them.

Day 112

A Few dry patches are all I really have to report.... but I have been bad and tanning to prepare for Mexico. I have always tanned once a week since the beginning but now I am going three times a week. Everthing is going pretty well, I have started just rinsing with water at lunch time rather than using anything medicated and my skin seemed a lot happier to get rid of the oxy pads. Its just rather hard to do in my car!

Attached Thumbnails

• 112r.jpeg
  • 112f.jpg
  • 112l.jpeg

#47 whereismymind

whereismymind

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Glad to hear your derm thinks this round will keep you clear!

The reason I'm considering a third round is because I really half-assed my second course! It was a crazy time in my life and I only ended up taking about a third of the pills. I certainly came nowhere near the cumulative dose so I don't think it had any lasting effect on me. However, I was clear for over a year after ending it.

It's not too bad right now, but I don't have many other options since I'm already treating it hormonally and my skin is usually far too sensitive for topicals. But I'm thinking I might as well try sodium sulfacetamide before Accutane because it seems to be pretty gentle.

Anyway, your skin looks great, congrats!

#48 shinataro

shinataro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hey! My dr doesnt think I will need another course after this with the positive results Posted Image
How long did you stay clear after round 2 ? is it bad enough to do another round ? mine were all the under the skin ones that dint respond to anything and were so deep although you couldnt really see them they hurt and there was nothing anyone could do about them.

Day 112

A Few dry patches are all I really have to report.... but I have been bad and tanning to prepare for Mexico. I have always tanned once a week since the beginning but now I am going three times a week. Everthing is going pretty well, I have started just rinsing with water at lunch time rather than using anything medicated and my skin seemed a lot happier to get rid of the oxy pads. Its just rather hard to do in my car!

You're skin has improved and looking great surprised about the tanning though did you experience bad symptoms after it? I'm so pale now while taking the course since I avoid the sun like a vampire and apply sun lotion at every chance or I'll get a red face/ sun burnt for the next couple of days.

#49 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Day 116
Still feeling pretty great! I cant wait for Mexico and the humidity to clear out the rest of my pores! I am happy to go makeup free in public for the first time in years!

Hey! My dr doesnt think I will need another course after this with the positive results Posted Image

Day 112

You're skin has improved and looking great surprised about the tanning though did you experience bad symptoms after it? I'm so pale now while taking the course since I avoid the sun like a vampire and apply sun lotion at every chance or I'll get a red face/ sun burnt for the next couple of days.

Tanning hasnt really done much, I just have to make sure to moisturize well with the tanning :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 116l.jpg
  • 116f.jpeg
  • 116r.jpeg

#50 erb27

erb27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hey Lindsey, your results are awesome!! I'm also glad that you took the plunge into your 3rd course of Accutane.  I am going to the derm this Friday with my decision to go on my 3rd round as well (I met with her a week ago and I wanted to sleep on it before making the decision).  Has your derm suggested anything for the joint pain you've been experiencing?  I had that a lot during my first 2.5 courses (14 years old, 15 yrs old, short course 16 years old).  B/c I'm 23 now, the derm thinks this could be the final kick *knock on wood* since I've grown out of the puberty stages. 

Glad to hear you are able to go on it for another month! :) Good luck!!

#51 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Day 132

Well aside from a sunburnt nose I survived Mexico on accutane. With only 10 days left I am a little worried that I am not 100% clear.... starting to worry that I really should try to hit the 120mg accumulated dose but I guess the Dr knows best. I am pretty happy with my skin knock on wood! its been great going out without makeup! I have a few painful tiny under the skin ones that I hope just hurry up and surface. 

pics!

Hey Lindsey, your results are awesome!! I'm also glad that you took the plunge into your 3rd course of Accutane.  I am going to the derm this Friday with my decision to go on my 3rd round as well (I met with her a week ago and I wanted to sleep on it before making the decision).  Has your derm suggested anything for the joint pain you've been experiencing?  I had that a lot during my first 2.5 courses (14 years old, 15 yrs old, short course 16 years old).  B/c I'm 23 now, the derm thinks this could be the final kick *knock on wood* since I've grown out of the puberty stages. 

Glad to hear you are able to go on it for another month! smile.png Good luck!!

Hey! my joint pain is pretty bad however I do have issues from breaking my elbow in 3 places and it healing wrong...and breaking several ribs and having spinal fractures recently so I am not sure I can really blame the Tane :S 

Attached Thumbnails

• accutaneright.jpg
  • accutanefront.jpeg
  • accutaneleft.jpeg

#52 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Officially 1 month since I took my last pill. I am still using the Aveeno cleanser, and cetaphil for lotion. The kinetics once a week... otherwise that's about it smile.png My hair is getting healthier, my eyelashes are not falling out like crazy anymore, and my lips aren't chapping anymore!

SO GLAD I DID ANOTHER ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was definitely worth it!

Attached Thumbnails

• aftera.jpeg
  • afterac.jpg
  • afteracc.jpeg

#53 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Well it looks like the effects only lasted 6 months again. I went to my Derm today and he wants to go for a 4TH round. I am getting married in a month so I am devistated at the idea of having bad skin for my wedding but not going to risk accutane as it made it so much worse that I would prefer to wait until after my wedding.

Instead I am starting a new regime after going to the spa.

AM & PM: REN - CLAY Cleasner
       Avenda Kinetics toner/exfoliant
       Ren Hydrate lotion

Twice weekly I am also going to be trying REN- Gylcolic exfoliant mask to try to let my skin breathe

Attached Thumbnails

• image (3).jpeg
  • Aug-15-left.jpg

#54 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

7 days of the new regime and I think I found my skin fix! 

Attached Thumbnails

• aug21right.jpg
  • aug21left.jpeg

#55 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Well round 4 starts again, starting a new blog unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users