54 replies to this topic

#21 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

DAY 27

This morning I woke up with 2 boulders under the skin...they are roughly 4 times bigger than any pimpe I have ever gotten, very painful, and no where near the surface. I am going to attempt to use the Zeno on these giants but we shall see. My nose is a lot dryer, still no head aches that are worse than those I get without accutane, no depression, back aches are the same as always so I think aside from getting GIANT pimples my side effects are mild and I am lucky.

#22 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Day 28

Almost done my first package and my skin is defintely worse than when I started but I am hopeful. Yesterday was the first really dry skin day. I have a pretty bad cold so I have been blowing my nose which makes it worse. I put aqauphor on my dry patches overnight and it seemed to help a little bit. I have some big monsters and one even on my neck which I have never had before but I think things are finally starting to look up, my blackheads are starting to litterally come out on their own !

Attached Thumbnails

• day27.jpg
  • day27left.jpg

#23 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Day 37: I missed one day so I am a day behind. My skin is not nearly as dry as it was before. I am washing in the mornings with Spectro for dry skin and in the evenings with a biore deep pore cleanser ( need something a little stronger than the spectro after a day of working and riding my horse). I am still using the Ann Borlind Rose Dew and Jojoba at night for moisture and have changed to cetephil during the day as I don't seem to need the moisture quite as badly anymore. I have been experiencing a lot of hair loss ...every time I shower quite a bit falls out, and nose bleeds. Otherwise it is going alright I guess. My skin still looks worse than when I first started to Accutane but better than it did a week ago *knock on wood*

Attached Thumbnails

• DAY.JPG
  • day37.JPG
  • day371.JPG

#24 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Day 40:

I guess I spoke too soon, had a major break out yesterday with 3 large VERY painful ones. They are all new the jaw and even hurt to turn my head! Just about every morning I have about 3 white heads that were clogged pores the day before so stuff really is coming to the surface.

I have to say though for anyone battling dry skin try the Ann Borlind rose dew line and do the jojoba oil at night...its honestly amazing I havent had dry skin issues since the week after I started it!

Pictures of today:

Attached Thumbnails

• day40.jpeg
  • day40l.JPG
  • day40r.jpeg

#25 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Day 61
I have missed a few again with forgetting to pack them when I am away from home. Not much has changed since day 40 ... still breaking out daily. Was at the Dr last Thursday and he mentioned he only wants me to do another month .... so I wont be hitting the cumulative dose ... at 40 MG for just 90 days and weighing in at 105lbs I am technically supposed to be doing 5 months so I am a little worried with his plan.

new pictures:

Attached Thumbnails

• day62.jpeg
  • day62.JPG
  • day62f.jpeg

#26 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Day 64:

Well today is by far the worst my face has been since highschool. I am so embarassed I did not want to leave the house. On top of the major break out I have a red patch on the left side of my face by my mouth of painful raw / dry skin. It feels like I burnt my face on the stove! I am PRAYING this is the Storm before the CALM ... I havent been this depressed about my face in a very long time.

I purchased Bioderma Cicabio cream for 40.00 ... for a tiny tube and really hope it is as good as the woman at the store said for healing! if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

Attached Thumbnails

• 64.jpg
  • 64f.jpg
  • 64l.jpg

#27 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

3 months @ 40mg is not a long time so definitely address your concerns with your derm. When i started my course in November, i stopped after 1 month and acne came back within days.

Also, it seems as if you are trying many different products while on accutane. It is recommended to keep it simple and just wash and moisturize. You just have to let the drug do its thing....but then again you probably know all of this as like me, you have done this course a few times

Good Luck.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#28 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

You are right, I need to stick to a gentle moisturizing cleanser and the cetaphil during the day, and find a better night moisturizer to help the jojoba oil out. I did use Penaten last night to bring some of the redness on the right side of my face down but I have been doing that since the start. I am not sure what to use on this dry scaley patch on the right side of my face....I tried aquaphor that I use on my lips over night and its still red and flakey.

Attached Thumbnails

• 65f.jpeg
  • 65l.jpeg
  • 65r.jpeg

#29 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Day 75

Not having nearly as many dryness issues ... this almost worries me that maybe I need a higher dose? still breaking out like crazy though Posted Image YAY ... The best part is they eplode of their own accord when I am working out hard and leave little cuts! Any clue how to heal these faster ? aside from Polysporin which is a little too greasy to wear at work.

Pics: excuse the dismal look... I was in tears this morning waking up with this face.

Attached Thumbnails

• DAY75.jpeg
  • DAY75_.jpeg
  • DAY75__.jpeg

#30 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Day 83

Coming up on 90 days... my blackheads are back which makes me a little mad ... I was liking the not having any but I guess such is life. Skin and hair are still dry and still not as clear as before the accutane but a lot has come to the surface so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• accu.JPG
  • accut.jpeg
  • day.jpeg

#31 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Day 90

My skin is very very dry as my Derm bumped me up to 80mg daily. I have just over 10 actives right now however they seem to turn over very quickly. I am getting excite to know that I am almost done.... My skin was better before the accutane.

#32 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

I am sorry that you are going through this but keep your head up as best as you can - you are not alone in your struggle. I also have had an explosion on the right side of my face and its led to lots of red marks but i'm trying to keep busy with the knowledge that once i stop breaking out, my acne will have a chance to heal. Breaking out at the stage you are at now is quite normal, especially since you increase dosages. I think the important factor though is cummalitive dose versus daily dose. Did you do full, correct dosages on your previous courses? I don't think i did which may be a reason my acne returned as soon as it did. I definitely reinterate to you the importance of fullfilling your cumalitive dosage so that there won't be what if's later.

What's your plan for after care?

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#33 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Day 97

Well things are feeling a little better. I am having quite a bit of joint pain, finally getting a handle on the dry skin and chapped lips. Nose bleeds have started every few days but I am feeling positive !!

Pics:

Attached Thumbnails

• acc.jpeg
  • acc2.jpeg
  • acc3.JPG

#34 myresults_xnow

myresults_xnow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

can we just talk about how incredible your eyelashes are? Super jealous. You have pretty similar acne to mine (mine cleared up for about 3 years after my first round of accutane). Unfortunately, mine is seemingly not managed by birth control, which is an option for me. But I have the same closed comodones and then the jaw line acne really bad.

Hopefully this last round clears you up for good. My doctor has always said the more isotetorin you get in your blood the better off, so maybe that will be the case for you. Like others have expressed, three months wasn't very long the first two times you were on it. (I believe I was on it for 5 months).

#35 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

lol thank you ! You actually made my day!

are you going to do a second round of accutane? 3 years is pretty impressive to stay clear! well done!

#36 myresults_xnow

myresults_xnow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

are you going to do a second round of accutane? 3 years is pretty impressive to stay clear! well done!

yes'm. I started my second round yesterday. I'm hoping this is my last one as I grow out of my 'teen' years and more into an adult. My acne is no where near as bad as it was, but it worked so well last time that I figured another shot was worth it. Were your rounds pretty easy or more difficult than one another for multiple courses?

Edited by myresults_xnow, 02 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#37 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

yes'm. I started my second round yesterday. I'm hoping this is my last one as I grow out of my 'teen' years and more into an adult. My acne is no where near as bad as it was, but it worked so well last time that I figured another shot was worth it. Were your rounds pretty easy or more difficult than one another for multiple courses?

This round has definitely been a lot harder, I have been having way more side effects than I did before :S this was my first time with IB's and joint pain but I think Its really working!

Day 99

My skin is starting to feel a lot smoother finally... it still doesnt look great but it is such an exciting feeling to wash with a cleanser and my bare hand and not feel a million bumps!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 99front.jpg
  • 99left.jpg
  • 99right.jpg

#38 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Looking much better! My course also feels so much harder as well - not in terms of side effects but in terms of acne severity (the ib) and how slow/non existant progress seems to be. I hope that like you, i start to notice some clearing by my next derm visit which will be in 18 DAYS.

When are you officially done? What is your skin care regimen going to be like for you after your course?

#39 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Looking much better! My course also feels so much harder as well - not in terms of side effects but in terms of acne severity (the ib) and how slow/non existant progress seems to be. I hope that like you, i start to notice some clearing by my next derm visit which will be in 18 DAYS.

When are you officially done? What is your skin care regimen going to be like for you after your course?

Hey!
I am supposed to be done Jan 16 finishing at a cumulative dose of 92mg/kg ... I am going on the 14th to see if I can convince him to give me another month or 2 so I can get closer to the cumulative dose that everyone on here says is a minimum.

I cant find your blog on here? how is it going??

After I finish I am going to continue to use the cleanser I have fallen in love with (Biore black head cleanser) and the Anne Borlind Rose Dew moisturizers....and the Aveda Kinetics liquid exfoliant at night Posted Image

Day 103

Well I have a super rough ouchie red dry patch ...and a few actives. Face feels a lot smoother. My nose is still like cement, had to stop wearing contacts, and my lips bleed. May be done in one week or may be done in another month... all up to what the dermatologist says next Monday (day 109)

Attached Thumbnails

• 13f.jpeg
  • 103l.jpeg
  • 103r.jpeg

Edited by Lindseym, 08 January 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#40 Lindseym

Lindseym

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Day 105

ok so I woke up with another breakout today, back on 40 mg now... I have 4200mg Total in my system so that puts me at 84mg/kg

Lips are really dry and nothing is working, the aquaphor makes me get zits all around my mouth which isnt super pleasant. Nose bleeds are daily, headaches have subsided, back is still killing me but it could be from the healing broken ribs and compression fractures more than anything so I guess I wont complain too much. I am heading to Mexico in just over 2 weeks for a week. Hoping the sun, humidity, and salt water work their usual magic and clear me right up.

pics for today:

Attached Thumbnails

• 105r.jpeg
  • 105l.jpg
  • 105f.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users