Photo

Heavy Duty Non Non Comedogenic Moisturizer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 toenail

toenail

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

I've been out of the acne game for some time so I'm not hip on the current products. I'm fighting a losing battle with very dry skin right now. Anything good I can slather on? Thanks!
-Jewels

#2 Jollyhohnson

Jollyhohnson

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Cetaphil! Fantastic moisturiser for very dry and very sensitive skin. Not comedogenic at all. I bought some after reading many great reviews about it on this site and I was really happy with it.

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

CeraVe Hydrating Lotion. Available at most drugstores.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#4 toenail

toenail

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Our drugstore didn't have Cetaphil (wth, right?) but they did have CeraVe. I'm fully slathered and I already feel soooo much better. Thanks guys!
-Jewels

#5 Samantha59

Samantha59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Cerave has "Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol" as the third ingredient! If it was down on the list it would probably be ok but it's supposed to be very comedogenic and it's number three on the list... I don't know how it doesn't make people's acne worse. Cerave also has "Caprilyc/Capric Triglyceride" which is not comedogenic in and of itself, but the oils in this ingredient is great food for bacteria that causes acne.

#6 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I second Cetaphil. Its very heavy and greasy which is perfect if you're suffering very dry skin from following the regimen. I agree with Samantha, cerave caused havoc with my acne prone skin, however many people on this site happily use it with no problems. Everything's personal....

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#7 Ind1g0

Ind1g0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Grapeseed oil

#8 JMmaxx

JMmaxx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

I have heard very good things about the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. It's very thick, creamy, and seems to have taken care of flakiness for most who use it. I'm actually gonna go buy it too... Maybe you can give it a shot?? It comes in a 16 oz. jar for around $10 at Target in the US.

#9 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

ive heard cetaphil is one of the heaviest, thickest, and greasiest moisturizers money can buy

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

#10 mrslevell2be

mrslevell2be

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I use the cerave moisturizer cream.and it doesn't clog my pores. I use it at night .