Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Should I Do For These Scars? (Pics Included)

9 posts in this topic

Minimal scarring. Your best course of action may be no action. You have the tough guy look to pull it off.

These are exactly the type of scars I have. In certain lighting they are hardly noticable but, in others it looks horrible.

What would they be classified as? I thought they would be rolling scars but, seem more like saucer/irregular shallow indentations. Mine are located a little closer to the nose.

I was thinking that subcision mixed with dermaroller would be the way to get results since they are shallow.

1 person likes this

Personally, I wouldn't do anything. It's hard to make a recommendation because your scarring is so minor, you run the risk of making your face worse for very little needed improvement.

Thank you for your replies. Obviously I would like to do something about it, but have been hisitant to do so b/c of the risk of further damage. Some of the options out there seem to be pretty invasive. Would a microdermabrasion scrub or AHA peel from a dermatologist/ spa (facial) really do anything for the scars? Does it only provide temporary results?

Thanks

Maybe a chemical peel could help.

A chemical peel with his skin color? I would advise against that. As I said dermarolling may be his best bet if he wants to avoid complications perhaps mixing it with subcision and/or suctioning. Lamarr from here had the same type of scarrring and got rid of it using rolling.

Consider yourself extremely lucky my friend. Your face looks good. But I know what you mean, I have similar skin, except deeper scars. But I've come to be okay with it. As @DudleyDoRight said, it's sort of the manly look. Guys can pull it off, I guess it's girls that might be more self-conscious about it but then again girls can use makeup :) And I kinda agree with the others as well, it might be best to do nothing. Your face will naturally improve with time.