Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinc With Copper - And Iodine?

3 posts in this topic

So I've been taking straight up Zinc (50mg/day) for about a week, but the tablet form was kind of chalky and tablets don't digest as well as capsules, so I bought a different brand today. It's Zinc Copper from Solaray, and it's 50mg Zinc, 2mg Copper, and 53 mcg Iodine (as kelp). I know that copper works well with zinc, since zinc can cause a copper defeciency, but what about the Iodine? Does anyone know the use of the iodine, and will it have any effect on my skin? Thanks!

So I've been taking straight up Zinc (50mg/day) for about a week, but the tablet form was kind of chalky and tablets don't digest as well as capsules, so I bought a different brand today. It's Zinc Copper from Solaray, and it's 50mg Zinc, 2mg Copper, and 53 mcg Iodine (as kelp). I know that copper works well with zinc, since zinc can cause a copper defeciency, but what about the Iodine? Does anyone know the use of the iodine, and will it have any effect on my skin? Thanks!

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

GreenGables