Photo

Male, 31. (Ro)Accutan(E) Log. Really Hope This Works!

vitamin b vitamin b5 aha alpha hydroxy acid rosacea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

4 months.

Not much to report. Barely any new activities, overall not oily skin and a easier to deal with skin type.

Older major cysts still remain & I'm really doubting they'll go away. I hope someone has experience and can give a first hand account on if they will as my derm says.

All side effects are the same, also got a stomach rash now. 

#22 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

4 months.

Not much to report. Barely any new activities, overall not oily skin and a easier to deal with skin type.

Older major cysts still remain & I'm really doubting they'll go away. I hope someone has experience and can give a first hand account on if they will as my derm says.

All side effects are the same, also got a stomach rash now. 

Hey I have the same problem as you, theyre not going away but derm says they will. Are they still inflamed or not? Mine arent really red theyre just lumps :\ Hope yours gets better! I'm only on 40 mg and experiencing a lot of the same side effects. 

#23 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

how long have you had your cysts?

#24 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Yo Ugghhh & whoartthouh1: My cyst's age varies from years to just the beginning for my accutane regimen. They're not really inflamed either but just lumps, I'm worred they'll get back to being inflamed once I stop though.

#25 maria11

maria11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

I have the same problem as you :( And i'm nearing the end of my 6 month course so I am really concerned as well. There have no new breakouts however for the past 6 months..:/ 

Edited by maria11, 13 February 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#26 tommyc38

tommyc38

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I had the same problem. I had an eraser sized pimple on my cheek for over two months. It wasn't inflamed and didn't hurt but just sat there pissing me off. Then one day it came to a head and a punch of old puss came out (with a little help). You can read my accutane log to hear more but that is normal on this drug! I think mine came out alot faster than some people because my dosage grew quite a bit over those first few months. Now there is barely a pink spot where it use to be. I have 1.5 months left and can't wait to be done...the side effects are just getting old. However, I think 3 months from now I will be SO happy I did this when the side effects wear off, my skin can heal much much faster, and will plump out from getting so thin. I'm ginna do this spring and summer right with a clear face!

#27 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Almost 5 months.

New blood work & met with derm. It's not good yet so will keep eating for another month. Blood work came out ok I think because I haven't heard anything.

It's the old cysts that need to go away. But I'm sure won't eat after 6 months anyway, but we'll see.

@tommyc38: I recognize that scenario. Problem is, for me there's like 10 of em that are unreachable and I can't touch em even with help. But a few have come out thanks to the regimen I believe. We'll see what happens :)

maria11: Interesting that you got a similar situation. I'm looking forward to hear how it goes and I'll cross my fingers for you!

#28 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

We are in similar situations.  I am still breaking out heading into my 5th month and my pimples are taking a long time to go away.  The cysts that i do get see to stay under the skin though.....this sucks. Keep us posted

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#29 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

6 months.

Today's official end of treatment. However, since I didn't do 60mg/day but 40mg/day due to stomach reactions I will finish off what's left. According to my calc I'm 135 pills (I'm on 20mg pills so was supposed to have 3/day) behind as I was supposed to jump on 60mg/day 6 weeks in (4,5 months = 135 days).

This means 135/2 = 67.5 days = 2 months-ish. I'll stay on the regimen until May's end.

Nothing much new to report. I'm looking to kill the old cysts which are deep & that's why I'm doing the above.

Same side effects as reported. Constant redness + Been working out more and I feel that I recover much slower. Just hanging in there.

My skin's much better overall and it really is a powerful medication!

#30 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

My derm told me that what I thought were non-inflamed cysts were hypertrophic scars under the skin :\

#31 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Aha ok. Mine kinda feel alive sometimes & they're easy to upset

#32 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just an update. 1 week to go. 

It's a LOT better. I really hope it stays like this and doesn't come back. Some old activities that can be felt (cysts/lumps etc) but rarely active. It hasn't smoothened out all of my skin but can def. live with this.

Crossing fingers that it stays like this.

Update soon :)

#33 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Congrats taned!

Accutane Log - Started April 5, 2013

http://www.acne.org/...se-of-accutane/

#34 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Congrats taned!

Thanks! :)

#35 taned

taned

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

8 months.

FIN.

Talked to derm who said "you look great!". Was told to hold off on multivitamin with A in it for 2 months & was also told sun is ok but wear sun screen.

Side effects still there, hope they'll wear off. Been off it a week soon.

Here are 2 graphs for you.

Overall skin rating (0-10 where 10 are those horror pics you see online, 0 is perfect skin):

ZRFF0No.png

Activities (all count. the ones that remain I've mentioned in this thread and they're old ones that feel like they get aggravated every now and then)

gHSfksG.png

Thanks for the support & input. Awesome community, but I sincerely hope I'll never have to hang here again ;) Kidding, will be checking back for sure

Love,

TND