Properly Introducing Myself :)

1 reply to this topic

#1 emmatorrens

emmatorrens

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hi Guys, So I've posted a couple of times but never actually introduced myself and I though i should amd explain my situation and see if I could get any help..

So basically I have had acne for about 5 or 6 years, when my (very late) periods started, I am 20 almost 21 now, but that acne was only ever two to six spots on my forehead at any one time.

THEN about a year ago i started breaking out on my chin/jawline area before and during my period and continued breaking out on my forehead. I have always had relatively oily skin (on my forehead) but never anywhere else. So in May I went to Africa for two months when i broke out HORRIBLY. literally all over my jawline, chin, cheeks, neck and forehead. I put this down to humidity, make up change and anti-malarials. So I went on Doxycycline which didn't work at all, and just made it much much worse (longer that just an IB) and scince i came home in July it has gotten out of control. It sort of goes in cycles in that i constantly breakout in the same areas but it starts to clear up and within a couple of days its just as bad as before again. A. nnoying,

I completely overhauled my diet three months ago too. I have cut out Wheat, Sugar, Dairy, Gluten and Soy and am taking Agnus Castus, Saw Palmetto, Vitams A, B6, B12, D, Zinc, Cod liver oil, aloe vera juice...

But my skin is worse than ever and I am super dissapointed. I also have just been diagnosed with Depression and Endometrisis... blugh.

Anyone know what could help?! I have ordered Spironolactone but I don't now whether that will work as well as I want it to, and I am very reluctant to go on birth control because of my family history of mental illness... ahhhhh

Sorry for rambling, but I hope someone who was/is in the same position as me has any idea what can help!!

Thanks Guys

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Guys, So I've posted a couple of times but never actually introduced myself and I though i should amd explain my situation and see if I could get any help..

So basically I have had acne for about 5 or 6 years, when my (very late) periods started, I am 20 almost 21 now, but that acne was only ever two to six spots on my forehead at any one time.

THEN about a year ago i started breaking out on my chin/jawline area before and during my period and continued breaking out on my forehead. I have always had relatively oily skin (on my forehead) but never anywhere else. So in May I went to Africa for two months when i broke out HORRIBLY. literally all over my jawline, chin, cheeks, neck and forehead. I put this down to humidity, make up change and anti-malarials. So I went on Doxycycline which didn't work at all, and just made it much much worse (longer that just an IB) and scince i came home in July it has gotten out of control. It sort of goes in cycles in that i constantly breakout in the same areas but it starts to clear up and within a couple of days its just as bad as before again. A. nnoying,

I completely overhauled my diet three months ago too. I have cut out Wheat, Sugar, Dairy, Gluten and Soy and am taking Agnus Castus, Saw Palmetto, Vitams A, B6, B12, D, Zinc, Cod liver oil, aloe vera juice...

But my skin is worse than ever and I am super dissapointed. I also have just been diagnosed with Depression and Endometrisis... blugh.

Anyone know what could help?! I have ordered Spironolactone but I don't now whether that will work as well as I want it to, and I am very reluctant to go on birth control because of my family history of mental illness... ahhhhh

Sorry for rambling, but I hope someone who was/is in the same position as me has any idea what can help!!

Thanks Guys

I believe spironolactone is supposed to help endometriosis.

It definitely helps acne in a lot of people.

Edited by Green Gables, 22 September 2012 - 04:15 PM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users