Photo

What Helps Your Extremely Oily Skin? Sensible Answers Only.

oily skin treatment cure oily skin

93 replies to this topic

#81 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Soaps have no influence on oil production. Don't give false hope to the newbies coming here please.

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 15 November 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#82 naynay2262

naynay2262

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

baby or talcum powder works like a charm

#83 sayak

sayak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

you might try sulphur based cleansers and or oral medicines,they help!

#84 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Nothing so far. Currently just using "band-aid" methods to combat the oily skin through oil-absorbing pads. Testing out the vitamin d3 at the moment.

#85 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Vitamin D3 will do absolutely nothing for you oily skin. Don't waste your time.

Here's a topic where you'll find solutions proven to work for oily skin: http://www.acne.org/...-for-oily-skin/

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 05 February 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#86 OrganicLemonade

OrganicLemonade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

The only face lotion that keeps my oil production down is Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion.  It seriously works.  Sometimes I may have to supplement murad oil control mattifier to my t-zone in the summer time but I highly recommend getting the acne defense face lotion.  Hope this helps!

#87 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Oil production is entirely controlled by androgens, nothing you put on your face will "keep it down".

#88 OrganicLemonade

OrganicLemonade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Before you jump to conclusion, I suggest that you try the Neutrogena lotion out yourself prior to making a presumptive comment.  My face used to be extremely oily, and nothing helped (except Accutane, but the effect wore off overtime).  My face was so oily that my make up will literally melt from my skin by mid-day.  I tried various over the counter mattifiers, used blotting paper around the clock, etc, and nothing helped.  You can literally swipe makeup off of my face with a single finger stroke, it was THAT oily.  I tried using the Neutrogena lotion because I wanted to prevent acne from forming, but it actually dried up my skin.  Yes, my face is no longer an oil slick like it used to be.  It seriously helps.  If you are looking to try anything that could help, you won't be disappointed in this investment. 

Oh yeah, my skin was so oily that I even tried the milk of magnesia homeopathic remedy (yes I applied to my t-zone twice a day and I looked chalky after application), and my face was still as oily as clarified butter by mid-day.  It sucks to have oily skin :(

Edited by OrganicLemonade, 09 February 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#89 anniej

anniej

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

for girls: you have to try spironolactone, it is a fucking magical drug, see more at my topic http://www.acne.org/...tone-with-pics/

#90 OrganicLemonade

OrganicLemonade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Yup, I've tried spironolactone (low dose; only 25mg) and it didn't help with my acne (and bacne).  I've heard great things about it so if you are thinking about trying spironolactone don't let my post discourage you. I think acne is a multifactorial disease and there is no single best treatment for everyone.  The only pharmacologic agents that have worked to decrease my oil production was Accutane (but the oil came back with a vengeance after I discontinued it 1.5 years later) and birth control pill (the improvement was moderate, and not as dramatic as Accutane).  For topicals, if I smear my face with a thick layer of benzyl peroxide it definitely stunts the oil production temporarily, for probably 3-4 hours the most.  The most effect topical lotion that has consistently controlled my oil production around the clock is the Neutrogena acne defense lotion.  But I need to consistently apply that to my face twice a day.  Skipping even once will invite the oil back immediately. 

Well... at least I don't have to worry about wrinkles with all that oil covering my face.  I guess that is the only silver lining in my acne-prone life. 

#91 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Again, you cannot stop oil production, even temporarily with simple external soaps. Your sebaceous glands produce oil at a constant rate and this rate is influenced by androgens only.

anniej is right, spironolactone will work for oily skin, because it inhibits androgen activity.

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 11 February 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#92 kailssparks

kailssparks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

You and I have the SAME EXACT problem. Even after getting out of the shower, my face still shines with oil. Mine is hereditary... :(

#93 jon66

jon66

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Illogical? I have both dry skin and an extreme amount of sebum production. I'm pretty the sure oil I produce does nothing to moisturize my skin, otherwise I wouldn't have dry and flakey skin under the oil.

Same here. I have dry and oily skin, too. My skin is only flaky, where it's oiliest (on my forehead and cheeks). But I can't moisturize because then I would break out. That's why I wanna go on a low dose of accutane but I still have to convince my derm. As of the moment, she does not want to give it to me.angry.png

That sound's like seborrheic dermatitis to me. Flaky skin, especially in the pores but with oily skin, I had it for about 8 years before getting a diagnosis. 

I find bathing with a half a cup of baking soda or borax will help dry out my skin and close my pores. It doesn't cure the oily skin but it helps a decent amount. You can easily overdo it though so be careful and imo don't scrub either directly onto the skin except for the scalp as it can be pretty harsh. 

A low carb diet has helped with oil for me and i mean extremely low, ketosis low but I found that diet unsustainable. I am switching to a regular paleo which helps but not to the same degree in my recollection. 

Started drinking baking soda 1/4 tsp 2 times a day in between meals today as well. Hopefully, the paleo diet with a lot of fruits and veggies along with the baking sodas 'alkaline' effects will help calm down my skin.

Seborrheic dermatitis is something everyone on this thread/sub-forum should look into if they haven't already imo..   

#94 anthonykell

anthonykell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I want to help people who have acne and are suffering because of it. I had acne as a teen and an adult but thankfully cured it completely. If you need any help, please send me a message.

www.MyAcneGuide.org

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Has anyone mentioned Ketsugo? I used this with great success to control my oily skin. It comes in a spray bottle so is light and easy to apply. Try it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users