Photo

What Helps Your Extremely Oily Skin? Sensible Answers Only.

oily skin treatment cure oily skin

144 replies to this topic

#41 Pink3

Pink3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hello!

I am new here and just ordered the kit and anxious to try it.  I am forty something and have suffered with acne ever since I got off birth control over 20 years ago.  I have extremly oily skin, after washing within 5 minutes I have very oily skin.  I use to suffer from cystic acne thank god that is gone however I suffer from blackheads and whiteheads now with the oil.  I have spent thousands of dollars to control the oil, acne and scarring.  I have tried lasers, facial's, prescriptions, over the counter crap.  You name it I have tried it.  I can honestly say the only thing that worked for me was Accutane.  The first time I used Accutane it almost broke up my marriage.  I was moody, cring over every little thing, snapping at my ex-husband.  My ex begged me to get off of it.  I got off of it and dealt with the misery & humiliation which lead to depression.  After a couple of years I went back on and went to a dermatologist who did not give me a pregnancy test and turned out I was pregnant.  I had to have an abortion.  No choice of the matter!!!  I would not recommend taking Accutane for you girls.  My personal experience with Accutane has been a love hate relationship. I loved what it did while I was on it but it has done some damage in my personal life.

With all that said, I have found nothing that works for me and I am hoping to try the idea's on this forum and thank you for letting me share my experience with you.

QUESTION FOR JWALTERSRN: "For girls, the OCM is fantastic, and I've switched to a clay based, natural cream make up line that has been amazing"

Can you share what you are using?  I now suffer from scarring, redness & large pores.  I am willing to try anything to hide the damage!!!

Thank you-

#42 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

What kit?

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 29 January 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

#43 Pink3

Pink3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

The cleanser, lotion & moisturizer

#44 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Lotions and moisturizers won't do anything for oily skin.

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

#45 pr1nc355

pr1nc355

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

I too suffer with extremely oily skin, currently in my 5th month of Roaccutane and am wrried about what will happen when I get off it.

The one thing I know is that I cannot change my DNA, therefore I will have oily skin for the rest of my life, popping pills will only give a short term solution. My oil production is like jellyfish, when they feel threatened they produce more jellyfish. I have tried a ridiculous amount of products, natural and home remedies all to no avail. :(

I have found paper to be the best blotter, sucks up all the oil and keeps it at bay for a good while. Tissue and blotting paper is a waste of time for me.

The thing to remember is that we are all different and will not have exactly the same reaction to things as everyone else. So we have to keep trying different things and hopefully will stumble across something that will help.

#46 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Currenly I am using b5 serum from skinceuticals which i think is helping a bit. I plan to combine it with a niacinamide serum. Previously drinking kefir and vegetable juice helped a lot.

#47 londoncat8

londoncat8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:theatre, costume design, dancing, painting, yoga

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Garnier Pure Sebum Controlling Moisturizer which was mentioned before in this thread does help me. I still have oily skin post accutane. I do get oily nose and checks during the day but after using Pure I can see that no oil is visible during the day, at least not as before for sure. Before I bought it I read reviews online and some, quite a few actually, were negative but i ordered it anyway. It does help me but I do not know if it will be helping for long, as usually, everything just stops working eventually. Accutane was the only drug that kept me wonderfully oil free but it is only temporary thing with no guaranteed result anyway.

#48 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

The only thing that worked for me was Accutane. After, my skin returned to a full blown oil well again. It's been 20 years of disgusting oily skin since. (no acne, though!) I never use moisturiser.  Never needed it.  I wouldn't be able to stand the addition layer of gunk and quite frankly dont understand why anyone with super oily skin would feel the need to slather more grease on their skin..it's completely illogical.  Let's see..my skin is sooo oily and gross!  let's see..I'll apply more oil, silcones and glycerin!  yes! ..that'll do the trick!  Then, wonder why they have more blackheads, cysts and OIL!  Ummm NO.

okay, lecture over..lol huh.png  I regress...

The only thing that curbs my rediculously oily skin is Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I use it at least 3 times a week. Before bed, I wash my face. I then mix 1 tbsp with water & throw in a couple of uncoated aspirins. Slather it on (thickly) over my entire face (not eyes!) I Leave it on over night. Yes, over night.  It will turn concrete hard. It feels unpleasant and scares my husband.. poor guy. eusa_whistle.gif  I can actually feel it pull the oil out.  In the morning, I rinse off in the shower AND wash with a mild non-oily cleanser.  Done. This clay curbs my oil well from hell, by at least 80%, for the entire day. Until some other miracle comes along, this clay is the only thing that makes my oily skin bearable.

#49 Jofo

Jofo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

he only thing that curbs my rediculously oily skin is Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I use it at least 3 times a week. Before bed, I wash my face. I then mix 1 tbsp with water & throw in a couple of uncoated aspirins. Slather it on (thickly) over my entire face (not eyes!) I Leave it on over night. Yes, over night.  It will turn concrete hard. It feels unpleasant and scares my husband.. poor guy. eusa_whistle.gif  I can actually feel it pull the oil out.  In the morning, I rinse off in the shower AND wash with a mild non-oily cleanser.  Done. This clay curbs my oil well from hell, by at least 80%, for the entire day. Until some other miracle comes along, this clay is the only thing that makes my oily skin bearable.

And that doesn't make your skin irritated or red? I actually have the same Aztec Clay and I feel like leaving it on for prolonged periods of time would be pretty rough on the skin.

Edited by Jofo, 09 April 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#50 Helton

Helton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

The one thing that I know for sure that controls oil on my nose is Clean & Clear's 10% BP, I don't know what's in it that creates this effect, but it dries to a really smooth to touch, with a barely visible coat of whitish finish.

And another thing that I found useful is washing with hot water, then rinse with cold water.

When I was a teen, the oil on my face could fry eggs by the end of day. Nowadays I stopped putting too much stuff on my face and it's all good, just might need to blot with tissue in the middle of the day if I have to look presentable.

Edited by Helton, 08 April 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Helton's Accutane Log:

http://www.acne.org/...og-58ft-140lbs/

: )

#51 vincevega

vincevega

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

The only thing that worked for me was Accutane. After, my skin returned to a full blown oil well again. It's been 20 years of disgusting oily skin since. (no acne, though!) I never use moisturiser.  Never needed it.  I wouldn't be able to stand the addition layer of gunk and quite frankly dont understand why anyone with super oily skin would feel the need to slather more grease on their skin..it's completely illogical.  Let's see..my skin is sooo oily and gross!  let's see..I'll apply more oil, silcones and glycerin!  yes! ..that'll do the trick!  Then, wonder why they have more blackheads, cysts and OIL!  Ummm NO.

Illogical? I have both dry skin and an extreme amount of sebum production. I'm pretty the sure oil I produce does nothing to moisturize my skin, otherwise I wouldn't have dry and flakey skin under the oil.

Edited by vincevega, 10 April 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#52 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lord of the rings, anime and manga, guinea pigs, God, Rachel's Challenge and finding a cure for acne

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

Illogical? I have both dry skin and an extreme amount of sebum production. I'm pretty the sure oil I produce does nothing to moisturize my skin, otherwise I wouldn't have dry and flakey skin under the oil.

Same here. I have dry and oily skin, too. My skin is only flaky, where it's oiliest (on my forehead and cheeks). But I can't moisturize because then I would break out. That's why I wanna go on a low dose of accutane but I still have to convince my derm. As of the moment, she does not want to give it to me.angry.png

tumblr_meiqj3bp781ryhzupo2_500.jpg

#53 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Same here. I have dry and oily skin, too. My skin is only flaky, where it's oiliest (on my forehead and cheeks). But I can't moisturize because then I would break out. That's why I wanna go on a low dose of accutane but I still have to convince my derm. As of the moment, she does not want to give it to me.angry.png

Change ur derm I guess

#54 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lord of the rings, anime and manga, guinea pigs, God, Rachel's Challenge and finding a cure for acne

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

I will, but at first I wanna try to convince her a little more.

#55 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

dry flaky skin under oil? ..try exfoliating more.

#56 mikito

mikito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

Vincevega, as Freidebelgian said don´t waste your time with topicals, I tell you so because I have wasted lot of time ( I am 43 years old and still suffering from super oily skin) trying every topical and wasting time its an inside problem.

Zinc have worked for me (30 mg zinc gluconate), but not a cure,and  I,ll try 500 mg of B5 next month, but I am scary about losing hair.

#57 Mrs Cadbury

Mrs Cadbury

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

This has been an excellent read and I have to put my 2 cents worth in as a fellow oily skin sufferer.  I have just moved to a different country and my skin has amped up oil production worse than it ever has before and although I am well used to it, it's become unbearable. 

20 years ago I did Roaccutane and that was great and my skin stayed dry for five years, and then went back to producing oil.  The second time I did Roaccutane it only lasted a further year after finishing the 3 month course. 

I just went on a cuise and spent most of my time up in the Spa with the doctor who took $500 off me for hydrating cleansers and collagen treatment.  Although I was producing lots of oil, my skin was severely dehydrated and the oil production is supposedly the body's defense.  I have been using it for two months and I definitely have less wrinkles and my skin looks puffier and my hydrated which is great but does nothing for the oil.

Right now I am gearing up to do something radical.  A few years ago I decided I to try and lose some weight and chose to go with the Atkins Diet.  I managed to stay on it for 3 months and I ended up losing 3kilos but having no energy at all so I couldn't keep it up.

But the amazing side effect was that my skin stopped producing oil.  Not immediately but my skin was better than it had been for years and I think that for the third time in 25 years I had perfect, normal skin.  The other two times were during pregnancy, that cleared me up completely too for the duration and about a year afterwards.

So I have two ways to go, and one isn't an option and the other is just an awful way to eat.  But I am ready to start the Atkins thing again, especially after reading another thread where the member just consumed vegie juice and eggs for 45 days and had the same result as me.

So is it diet or hormones causing the problem??? 

I'm starting next week!  I have a packet of biccies to finish first :)

#58 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I noticed that my skin is better when I don't eat things that make my blood sugar level spike. So I started to avoid candy and salty snacks (like nachos), noodles and white bread as much as I can. I also drink only water and milk, no sugary soft drinks or juices.

Ever since my skin has produced noticeably less oil and sebum.

However I don't think it's the source of the problem. Even when I stick to this diet my skin is still oily, just not as much as before.

The root of the problem for me seems to be genetics and hormones. Not everybody reacts to unhealthy food the way I do. My friend can eat candy every day, she never breaks out and always has flawless skin.

But we, who have acne prone skin, should all watch our diet. It can really help a lot. Moreover you'll lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle at the same time cool.png

@Mrs Cadbury: It's interesting that pregnancy helped clear up your skin. Usually it's the other way round, isn't it?

#59 viki90

viki90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Skin all over my body is so oily that I really dont know how to take care of it... My face is like the worst, but when it comes to arms, chest, back, legs, it's just horrible... All over my body, I must have the sebacceous fillaments or what is that called, cause to have blackheads on forearm is highly unlikely... What would you suggest using? I mosturize using Excipial U Hydrolotio, cos I'm scared of jojoba oil... When I wash my face with Bioderma Sebium, it got so used to hydrating it after that the face feels like being stretched and can't do without it. Any help? Tried everything. Drink like 3 liters of water and 1,5 liter of green tea (decaf), eat a lot of fruit, do not drink alcohol, dont smoke, dont eat junk food. But still it just wont bloody give up... sad.png

Edited by viki90, 20 April 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#60 eyer08

eyer08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just use milk of magnesia it works great!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users